About My Blog

Ave Omnissiah!

Image result for adeptus mechanicus symbol

My blog is primarily my own personal fluff in the Warhammer 40,000 universe regarding the Draconis system such as the Knight House Yato in Ryusei, their Household Militia, the Draconian Defenders, and the Forge World of Draconis IV with its Adeptus Mechanicus priesthood, Cybernetica cohorts and Skitarii legions, and the Titan Legion, Legio Draconis, known as the Dark Dragons.

Featured Post

Retrospective: Imperial Knights

Today, we're going to a Retrospective on...Imperial Knights! I mean, this is primarily an Imperial Knight blog, so obviously if I'm ...

Sunday, May 7, 2017

Faction Focus: Chaos Space Marines

Just when you thought we'll only be getting large models today, Warhammer Community followed up with a Faction Focus article on Chaos Space Marines!



Except that they don't really tell us anything...no Chaos Space Marines Detachments, no new stuff, no mention of Traitor Legions (though the Warhammer 40,000 Facebook page assures us that we will still have Traitor Legions-specific Detachments and stuff). Nothing. There really wasn't any additional information they provided that we don't already know or can't figure out for ourselves.

Too long, didn't read? Let me sum it up for you then.

We get to use a lot more Chaos Space Marines models in a Chaos Space Marine army (instead of spamming Cultists, Daemon Engines and Daemon Princes). So no more spamming Tzaangors instead of overcosted Rubric Marines for a Thousand Sons army...I think.

Havocs are better at wreaking havoc. Apparently.

Chaos Terminators are better at "striking fear" apparently. Because of Deep Strike?

Abaddon (which Frankie hilariously spells "Abbadon" by mistake in his post - some Chaos Space Marine fan he is) is better and stronger. How so? "I'll tell you that he's better, but I won't spoil it for you!" Thanks for effectively saying nothing.

Daemon Engines are stronger and more durable thanks to the change to vehicle rules. Uh, we know that already.



Khorne Berzerkers are better and stronger in melee now because of...drum roll...the new charge system. Uh, okay...I'm sure we could have figured that ourselves. They're better if you arm them with chainaxes! But Frankie isn't going to tell us what chainaxes do. "'-___- And then he teases us with Blood for the Blood God, only to say "you'll find out what they'll do...soon!" Thanks for effectively telling us nothing, and I'm sure we've all already guessed it'll be identical or at least similar to the Blood Tithe system used in Khorne Daemonkin.

So this post effectively tells us nothing new, and comes across more as a fanboy gushing about how we're going to love the new edition and how certain Chaos Space Marines units will be much better without telling us exactly how they will be better (other than the obvious ones that we can figure out ourselves). I would much rather they wait and write a more detailed and informative Faction Focus article on the different Detachments and actually ebalorate specifically on how each new unit is different instead of what we got here ("I promise they'll be better, but I won't spoil you!").

The next Faction Focus article seems to be on my faction, the Imperial Guard (cough, I mean Astra Militarum), but I can't say I'm looking forward to it after reading this...uh, sorry, mess of an article. If all I read is about how Heavy Weapon teams will be better because of the changes to heavy weapons, or how our Leman Russ tanks are more durable because of the new statline and profiles (like I haven't figured that out myself already) then...dude, I would much rather you put off the article until you're allowed to release more specific details. What we want to know is the specific Detachments we might be getting. Can we Imperial Guard players still play an armored company Detachment, for example? Will there be flavors for the different Imperial Guard regiments such as Cadian Shock Troops, Catachan Jungle Fighters, Valhallan Ice Warriors, Tallarn Desert Raiders, Armageddon Steel Legion, etc.? I mean, from this article we saw nothing about Traitor Legions or how the Chaos Space Marines might get Traitor Legion-specific Detachments or different Chaos flavors. I'm sure we want those kind of information, and not just "your units will be better, you'll be able to use every unit in the Codex now!"

Anyway, they say the Imperial Guard...ahem...Astra Militarum Faction Focus article will drop in a few days, so I truly hope that they take the time to write a more detailed article instead of the one we have today. I won't keep my hopes up, though. Ugh. Poor Chaos.

No comments:

Post a Comment