About My Blog

Ave Omnissiah!

Image result for adeptus mechanicus symbol

My blog is primarily my own personal fluff in the Warhammer 40,000 universe regarding the Draconis system such as the Knight House Yato in Ryusei, their Household Militia, the Draconian Defenders, and the Forge World of Draconis IV with its Adeptus Mechanicus priesthood, Cybernetica cohorts and Skitarii legions, and the Titan Legion, Legio Draconis, known as the Dark Dragons.

Featured Post

Retrospective: Imperial Knights

Today, we're going to a Retrospective on...Imperial Knights! I mean, this is primarily an Imperial Knight blog, so obviously if I'm ...

Thursday, May 2, 2019

Poor Thousand Sons

Well, it's official. I screwed myself over, thanks to my incompetence and irresponsible spending. No one to blame except myself.

Anyway, long story short, I was originally banking on getting some summer funding to fund my daily expenses (which includes Warhammer 40,000 expenses, heh), but stuff happened (thanks to my own incompetence) and it's decided that I won't be getting the summer funding after all. Now I've to scramble to find alternative funding.

With that said, I'm going to have to sell my Thousand Sons army. I've been weighing and calculating, and it seems that I will most likely not play much Thousand Sons (not because they are bad - on the contrary, I had a lot of fun and success with them). I will be most likely concentrating on my Knights. Seems like I was able to find a lot of opponents to play with my Knights after all, and I will want to also focus on Adeptus Titanicus (which ironically is a cheaper hobby than normal Warhammer 40,000 - go figure). Splitting my attention between my Knights (when I say Knights, I'm including my Household Retinue that is basically the Draconian Astra Militarum regiment and Skitarii support - I don't have enough of either to field a full Skitarii army or a 2,000-point Astra Militarum army after selling so much of my stuff) and Adeptus Mechanicus will already take most of my time, and I will be increasingly focusing on my studies at any rate. So...time to let go of one of my armies.

And the only army that stands out from my collection is my Thousand Sons. It really pains me to let go of them, and I really love the lore, fluff and background. Hell, I own all the Thousand Sons novels (Ahriman Collection, A Thousand Sons, The Crimson King, War of the Fang, etc.) and it really hurts me to have to let go of them. Worse, I'm actually making a huge loss by selling them off cheaply (because I suck at painting). But I really need the cash for rent and food.

These here are the dangers of irresponsible spending, so fellas, take heed of my experience and do not fall into the same trap!

2 comments:


  1. Sono molto dispiaciuto di sapere di queste tue difficoltà, spero che tu possa al più presto superarle. È dolorosa separarsi da ciò che amiamo e a cui abbiamo dedicato tempo e passione ma consola te stesdo, quando la tempesta sarà passata potrai ricominciare di nuovo, al momento non ti conforterà saperlo ma più avanti sarà uno sprone. Ti auguro di riuscire presto a lasciarti alle spalle questi momenti "complicati".
    I am very sorry to hear about your difficulties, I hope you can overcome them as soon as possible. It is painful to separate from what we love and to which we have dedicated time and passion but consoles you, when the storm has passed you will be able to start over again, at the moment it will not comfort you knowing it but later on it will be a spur. I hope you will soon be able to leave behind these "complicated" moments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I hope I'll be able to overcome this too. As much as I hate it, money is integral to living and the hobby.

      Delete