About My Blog

Ave Omnissiah!

Image result for adeptus mechanicus symbol

My blog is primarily my own personal fluff in the Warhammer 40,000 universe regarding the Draconis system such as the Knight House Yato in Ryusei, their Household Militia, the Draconian Defenders, and the Forge World of Draconis IV with its Adeptus Mechanicus priesthood, Cybernetica cohorts and Skitarii legions, and the Titan Legion, Legio Draconis, known as the Dark Dragons.

Featured Post

Retrospective: Imperial Knights

Today, we're going to a Retrospective on...Imperial Knights! I mean, this is primarily an Imperial Knight blog, so obviously if I'm ...

Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Adeptus Titanicus Myrmidion Heavy Maniple

I managed to finish assembling the second volcano cannon and melta cannon that I got from the upgrade sprue available on the Games Workshop website, as well as an Apocalypse missile launcher for the Reaver Titan! Essentially I can now equip my Reaver Titan with 2 Volcano cannons and the Apocalypse missile launcher, or 2 melta cannons and the Apocalypse missile launcher or turbo laser destructor.


Speaking of turbo laser destructor, I assembled a second one for that as well, so now I can run my Warlord Titan with paired turbo laser destructors instead of paired laser blasters. I prefer the turbo laser destructors because they are cheaper in points and they don't lose accuracy over long distances. I won't have the extra shots that come with the laser blasters, but that's fine. Accuracy over quantity! And I need to save the points.

With that, I have a 1,500 point list for Adeptus Titanicus! I can field a Myrmidion Heavy Maniple with 2 Warlord Titans and 1 Reaver Titan. One Warlord Titan is equipped with paired turbo laser destructors and 2 Sunfury plasma annihilators. The other Warlord Titan is equipped with Apocalypse missile launchers and 2 Belicosa volcano cannons. And the Reaver Titan is armed with an Apocalypse missile launcher and 2 volcano cannons. Yeah, that's a lot of volcano cannons, but I guess that's how it is for my Titans. Especially since it's a Myrmidion Heavy Maniple, I probably am aiming for long-range weapons such as the Apocalypse missile launchers and volcano cannons because of the First Fire order preventing me from moving. I'm actually hoping Forge World restocks their Mori quake cannons and macro gatling blasters for US so that I can buy them. And the carapace weapons too (like the Vulcan mega-bolter). We'll see!



And rounding out my Myrmidion Heavy Maniple is a Cerastus Knight Banner of 2 Cerastus Knight Lancers! They will be super helpful in running around, outflanking the enemy and engaging them in melee. They basically take on the role of Warhound Titans.

Eventually I'll get the Questoris Knights with upgrade sprue and a couple of Acastus Knight Porphyrion for bigger games, but for now I'm content with what I have. I heard they are repackaging the Questoris Knights to include the Stormspear rocket pods and Thunderstrike Gauntlets, as well as meltaguns, so I'll wait for them before buying a new box. I'll also be getting those cool looking Acastus Knights! I can't wait to play Adeptus Titanicus!

As a side note, I have also gotten a Vindicare Assassin and finally gotten around to painting my Castellax-achea battle-automata. Wait, didn't I sell my Thousand Sons? Well...I'm planning on running these as normal Castellax battle-automata with Darkfire cannons. I don't really play Horus Heresy, so I'll be waiting for rules for 40,000...soon. If they ever get around to it. I have no idea. But once they do, you can bet I'll be getting a bunch of Castellax battle-automata! Maybe. I have a single Thanatar siege-automata and Vultarax stratos-automata, but that's all I have...and my kitbashed Kastelan robots (which I combined with Ambots). We'll see! It'll also be awesome if we get new kind of rules depending on what kind of Adeptus Mechanicus army we run (Legio Cybernetica, Skitarii, Ordo Reductor, Myrmidon, Ordinatus, etc.).



As for the Vindicare Assassin, if you recall, I already have an Eversor Assassin. I intend to make good use of the Imperial Assassins Index in White Dwarf a couple of months ago. So I'll be using the Operative Requisition Sanctioned Stratagem a lot! Depending on what I need, I'll be using either the Eversor or the Vindicare. Fluff-wise, my Guardsmen basically fight alongside Skitarii, but the Tech-priest Dominus has access to an Eversor Assassin stasis pod (much like Deus Ex Mechanicus), and when there's an emergency, he'll override the stasis pod and unleash the Eversor Assassin on the enemies of the Omnissiah. Of course, after discussing it with the Knight Daimyo (Baron) and Guard regimental commander present. Or, if there's a high-value leader they need to snipe, they'll request for a Vindicare Assassin. YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment