About My Blog

Ave Omnissiah!

Image result for adeptus mechanicus symbol

My blog is primarily my own personal fluff in the Warhammer 40,000 universe regarding the Draconis system such as the Knight House Yato in Ryusei, their Household Militia, the Draconian Defenders, and the Forge World of Draconis IV with its Adeptus Mechanicus priesthood, Cybernetica cohorts and Skitarii legions, and the Titan Legion, Legio Draconis, known as the Dark Dragons.

Featured Post

Retrospective: Imperial Knights

Today, we're going to a Retrospective on...Imperial Knights! I mean, this is primarily an Imperial Knight blog, so obviously if I'm ...

Saturday, May 25, 2019

Acceptable Casualties

So I had another game today, this time against Imperial Guard. Or Traitor Guard...they were Blood Pact (from the Gaunt's Ghosts series), using red tanks and working for Khorne. They used the Catachan regimental doctrine...for the tanks, artillery and vehicles, anyway, and Vostroyan regimental doctrine for the majority of the infantry. The dude brought 80 infantry guardsmen. Good Emperor. He was literally flooding the table with infantry.

In contrast to him, I brought my Imperial Knights and Adeptus Mechanicus army. I wanted to try out my new Skitarii, especially the Secutarii Hoplites. It was hilarious. The Secutarii Hoplites did a good job, I guess? I can't tell if they made back their points, but they killed at least one squad of Guardsmen. In addition to my Skitarii and Secutarii, I brought three Imperial Knights using the House Taranis Household Tradition. Oh, and my Skitarii used the Lucius forge world dogma, so that I could deep strike three whole units all over the table. Heh. That alone was worth it. It made up for their total lack of mobility. I also included an Eversor Assassin, because my Tech-priest Dominus unleashed him from his stasis chamber upon the Blood Pact.

We rolled and ended up playing the Chapter Approved 2018 Eternal War Mission, the Four Pillars. We had quite the awesome and fun game - my opponent brought 6 Leman Russ tanks - 1 Tank Commander with the Hammer of Sunderance, 2 Leman Russ Executioner tanks and 3 Leman Russ main battle tanks (all squadroned up). That amount of firepower was devastating. Even with 3 Knights, I ended up dead. Ouch.

Actually, I ended up tabled. I'll need to write a battle report for this someday, but long story short, the game went on to Turn 6 before I was tabled by the sheer firepower the tanks were throwing out. However, I somehow won on points. I think I was ahead by 14 points to his 6. Heh. Even though I was pathetically tabled and wiped out by the end of the game, I still won because of Acceptable Casualties. Whoever created that rule deserves an award! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

So I won overall, but my opponent still had the moral victory because he wiped out my Knights and Skitarii and tabled me! So it's basically win-win!

One day I'll write the battle report, but I have stuff to do this week, so I don't know when I can do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment