About My Blog

Ave Omnissiah!

Image result for adeptus mechanicus symbol

My blog is primarily my own personal fluff in the Warhammer 40,000 universe regarding the Draconis system such as the Knight House Yato in Ryusei, their Household Militia, the Draconian Defenders, and the Forge World of Draconis IV with its Adeptus Mechanicus priesthood, Cybernetica cohorts and Skitarii legions, and the Titan Legion, Legio Draconis, known as the Dark Dragons.

Featured Post

Retrospective: Imperial Knights

Today, we're going to a Retrospective on...Imperial Knights! I mean, this is primarily an Imperial Knight blog, so obviously if I'm ...

Saturday, May 22, 2021

Second Archaeopter painted!

 I've painted my second Archaeopter! Now I have two fully painted Archaeopter Stratoraptors! I love gunships (that's why I have a Vendetta gunship). So to have 2 Archaeopter Stratoraptors was a treat. Gearing up for the Adeptus Mechanicus codex next week! I can't wait to see what we will get!

I know for sure that I'll most likely be taking the Data Hoard Forge World with the 6+++ Feel No Pain to vehicles and probably the regaining a wound for vehicles at the start of my turn. I run vehicle heavy lists - those of you familiar with my Imperial Guard already know I'm the type to run tank-heavy armies. I have like 5 Leman Russ Executioner tanks, and hopefully I'll be getting a Stormblade in near future. Infantry? What's that? Do I need them? NAH. Wait, I do have plenty of Skitarii, though, so...whatever. I want to see how Adeptus Mechanicus interacts with Imperial Knights. Would be cool to run a thematic list where I have self-healing vehicles with Feel No Pain combined with House Taranis styled Knights who also have a 6+++ Feel No Pain (though that's kind of difficult, considering House Yato's style). But I'll stick to my own fluff.

There might be other forge world dogmas that interest me. I know Ryza definitely interests me because Draconis IV is known as the second Ryza, with our specialization in plasma weapons. We manufacture Leman Russ Executioner tanks and Stormblades exclusively, and the Skitarii Vanguard are often equipped with plasma calivers. I'm looking at the Crusade rules and laughing at how they are going to get the plasma weapon enhancements. That would be cool and very, very fluffy. I might need to get Kataphron Destroyers with plasma culverins, but I don't know. I like what I have, and in all honesty, I'm not that keen on the servitor units anyway. I prefer robots, but I don't know how a Cybernetica list is going to play. Maybe I can combine two detachments with different forge world dogmas together to represent the myriad forces of Draconis IV (so the Legio Cybernetica uses the Data Hoard forge world dogma rules while the Skitarii uses Ryza or something else, I'm not sure). We'll see! Till then!

No comments:

Post a Comment