About My Blog

Ave Omnissiah!

Image result for adeptus mechanicus symbol

My blog is primarily my own personal fluff in the Warhammer 40,000 universe regarding the Draconis system such as the Knight House Yato in Ryusei, their Household Militia, the Draconian Defenders, and the Forge World of Draconis IV with its Adeptus Mechanicus priesthood, Cybernetica cohorts and Skitarii legions, and the Titan Legion, Legio Draconis, known as the Dark Dragons.

Featured Post

Retrospective: Imperial Knights

Today, we're going to a Retrospective on...Imperial Knights! I mean, this is primarily an Imperial Knight blog, so obviously if I'm ...

Wednesday, June 3, 2020

Kerberos BuCue Hound

While working on my science fiction story (supposed to be a mecha story, but I suck at writing, unfortunately), I bought a Kerberos BuCue Hound. The idea was that...well, I needed some inspiration for the mechs in my story, and so I'm collecting quite a bit. While I want to use Imperial Knights, they don't really work for the setting of my story, so I chose Gundam instead. That said, I was hybridizing BattleTech, Warstrider (an awesome series by Ian Douglas) and Gundam for the various mechs. I don't know what I'm going to write, but it's basically about an Imperial Pilot from the Empire of the Rising Sun (Warstrider influences, and also from Battletech's Draconis Combine) who is participating in a mech war between the Earth Alliance and the Floating Continent of Celestia. His goal is to end the war, but obviously he's just one kid, so he has no idea how he will pull it off. For now, he's just going to do his best in his mech.

The Kerberos BuCue will probably inspire one of the mechs I have planned. For the Earth Alliance, I took the liberty to name the mechs after weapons or swords. So you will have the light-class mechs Rapier and Falchion, medium-class mechs Gladius, Saber and Halberd, and heavy-class mechs Broadsword and Claymore. The Empire of the Rising Sun produces their own variants, like the light-class mechs Wakizashi and Tanto, the medium-class mechs Katana and Tsurugi, and the heavy-class mechs Tachi and Odachi. For the Celestian mechs I went for a more ghostly nomenclature. The light-class Phantom and Specter, the medium-class Banshee, Wraith and Hellhound (which is inspired by the BuCue Hound), and the heavy-class Reaper and Guardian.

That's all I have for now. I will continue writing as much as I can for this story, but...it will probably suck because I'm such an awful writer. I am getting disillusioned with many of the readers on Webnovel. Lately all I have been receiving are comments telling me to quit writing, calling my stories s***, readers complaining about my protagonists being dumbasses or simps (wtf is a simp?!) or retarded or whatever. A few of them even threatened to track me down through my IP address and "pay a visit" if I don't stop writing. Perhaps I should really give up...

Anyway, here's my Kerberos BuCue Hound!




4 comments:

  1. If you like writing and inventing stories, then you should continue ... unfortunately there are people who think that the only important thing to do is to bully others with the only tool of offensive words ... remember that you only improve with the practice and you have your own unique way of writing.
    Lord Adiatun Varunn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I will do my best. Just tired of seeing the same 1 star reviews and extremely critical comments telling me that I don't have what it takes and should stop writing everyday.

      Delete
    2. If you feel annoyed you could stop for a few days, write something anyway but submit it to friends whose critical judgment you trust ... they will surely help you, moving the right criticisms and not just wanting to hit you for fun ... we all learn wrong, many they forget they are not infallible. I hope I made myself understood, my English is rather "basic" ...
      Lord Adiatun Varunn

      Delete