About My Blog

Ave Omnissiah!

Image result for adeptus mechanicus symbol

My blog is primarily my own personal fluff in the Warhammer 40,000 universe regarding the Draconis system such as the Knight House Yato in Ryusei, their Household Militia, the Draconian Defenders, and the Forge World of Draconis IV with its Adeptus Mechanicus priesthood, Cybernetica cohorts and Skitarii legions, and the Titan Legion, Legio Draconis, known as the Dark Dragons.

Featured Post

Retrospective: Imperial Knights

Today, we're going to a Retrospective on...Imperial Knights! I mean, this is primarily an Imperial Knight blog, so obviously if I'm ...

Tuesday, June 23, 2020

Kasrkins, Rubric Marines and Serberys Sulphurhounds!

So I spent an afternoon assembling my new Kasrkins (not that they need much assembling, I just glued their backpacks on, and did a cloak for the Sergeant to turn him into a Lieutenant or Tempestor Prime), Rubric Marines and Serberys Sulphurhounds.



So now I have a command squad of Kasrkins, all armed with special weapons. I plan to convert them to hot-shot volley guns. Maybe I'll give another Kasrkin Sergeant a plasma pistol, while equipping two more dudes in the normal squads to plasmagunners. That will give me 2 normal squads of 1 plasma pistol plus two plasma guns, 1 command squad of 4 plasma guns and 1 command squad of hot-shot volley guns. Nice. I have ordered another 6 Kasrkins, so I will be filling up all the Tauroxes Prime and Vendetta gunship to the brim. I intend to have a 10-men squad along with the 2 normal squads with plasma guns. I don't know how it will work, but yeah. Maybe I can turn one of the Kasrkin into an Acolyte, but I doubt that. Anyway, we'll see.


There was a little screw-up with the Rubric Marines. I ordered 4 (5, but I bought the 5th one from a different buyer), and there was one missing back torso. Sent a message to the seller and he will probably provide me a new back torso soon. Unfortunately, right now I'm in limbo, so I only have an additional 4 Rubric Marines instead of 5. They were to join the warpflamer squad so that I will have 10 Rubric Marines with warpflamers. Come on, 9 warpflamers and 1 warpflame pistol? That's quite the awesome firepower!



And then I built 3 Serberys Sulphurhounds for my Skitarii. I don't care that my custom forge world dogma focuses exclusively on vehicles. I love the models so much that I want to use Serberys Sulphurhounds. That's all to it. In future I'll get a couple of Archaeopters, but right now I'm considering purchasing another box of Serberys Sulphurhounds. We'll see, I don't know how it'll work out for now. I originally planned on building a Brigade, but with 9th edition dropping, I could just cut down on my forces. Who knows? We'll see, I guess.



I have a few ideas for a narrative campaign, but I don't know how it will all come together. Ignatius will be recruiting a Renegade Chapter of Space Marines who have been severely affected by the Psychic Awakening and are being persecuted by Inquisitors of the Ordo Hereticus. Meanwhile, an Ordo Malleus Inquisitor and his Inquisitorial stormtroopers are on the heels of poor Ignatius, who ends up saving the Renegade Chapter in order to survive. The Renegades will join the Thousand Sons Legion, sort of, we will see. I kind of took the idea from Sons of Hydra, where Occam the Untrue and his Redacted are supposedly Alpha Legion, but all his members are from other Legions or Renegade Chapters (Fallen/Dark Angels, Relictors, Reclaimers, Night Lords, etc.). Pretty cool stuff. I can't wait!

2 comments:

  1. A lot of miniatures to keep you busy ... the narrative idea you have in mind is interesting, it depends on whether you want to tie it to the development of the armies with the ninth (soon we will know more and see). I hope the situation coronavirus improves for you, stay safe.
    Lord Adiatun Varunn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! I definitely intend to tie it to the ninth edition - that's what I want to do for Crusade! Create my Crusade armies! We'll see. And thanks! You too, stay safe and healthy!

      Delete