About My Blog

Ave Omnissiah!

Image result for adeptus mechanicus symbol

My blog is primarily my own personal fluff in the Warhammer 40,000 universe regarding the Draconis system such as the Knight House Yato in Ryusei, their Household Militia, the Draconian Defenders, and the Forge World of Draconis IV with its Adeptus Mechanicus priesthood, Cybernetica cohorts and Skitarii legions, and the Titan Legion, Legio Draconis, known as the Dark Dragons.

Featured Post

Retrospective: Imperial Knights

Today, we're going to a Retrospective on...Imperial Knights! I mean, this is primarily an Imperial Knight blog, so obviously if I'm ...

Monday, June 11, 2018

White Dwarf Imperial Knight poster and Deathwatch Kill-company

Image result for imperial knights poster

After my long-awaited return back home to Singapore, I finally managed to get back to Battle Bunker and resume my Warhammer 40,000 hobby! Just because I left most of my army back in the States doesn't mean I won't play here!

I gave into temptation and bought a Deathwatch Watch Master. As you probably already have read, I'm planning on building a small Deathwatch company to accompany my fragile, squishy and mortal Imperial Guardsmen into battle. While I was at it, I decided to go grab this month's White Dwarf because it had Imperial Knights stuff in it. Yes, I'm a sucker for Imperial Knights and gigantic robots, so I was like, I'm so going to get this month's White Dwarf for the Imperial Knights alone. And guess what? This month's White Dwarf came with not one but two posters - one of them being the Imperial Knights poster! It's the picture above - well, not exactly, but featuring a Knight Warden from House Cadmus. Baron Roland forever!

Moving onto Deathwatch, as I said earlier, I wanted to build a Primaris Deathwatch company. It's made up of a Primaris Chapter called Death Reapers, which was a completely new Primaris Marine Chapter founded at the Ultima Founding, and then seconded to the Deathwatch dring the Ultimaris Decree. So that's why I have a Deathwatch Watch Master - he doubles as the Chapter Master of the Death Reapers Space Marine Chapter (seconded to Deathwatch in its entirety). Obviously he'll be the Warlord. Yeah. Because why the hell not?

I'm starting with a small 1,500-point list because I don't want to spend too much, and they're ultimately meant to be allies, not the main fighting force. I'm still an Imperial Guard player at heart, after all. This was inspired after reading Brothers of the Snake and the Gaunt's Ghosts series, where we mere mortals watch in awe as a couple of Space Marines smash into the enemy lines, and then we follow after them, our morale boosted. It's also partly inspired by Storm of Iron, but it sucks that the Iron Warriors won and the Imperial Fists and Jouran Dragoons got annihilated. Ugh. Let's hope the Death Reapers and the Draconian Armored Defenders don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment