About My Blog

Ave Omnissiah!

Image result for adeptus mechanicus symbol

My blog is primarily my own personal fluff in the Warhammer 40,000 universe regarding the Draconis system such as the Knight House Yato in Ryusei, their Household Militia, the Draconian Defenders, and the Forge World of Draconis IV with its Adeptus Mechanicus priesthood, Cybernetica cohorts and Skitarii legions, and the Titan Legion, Legio Draconis, known as the Dark Dragons.

Featured Post

Retrospective: Imperial Knights

Today, we're going to a Retrospective on...Imperial Knights! I mean, this is primarily an Imperial Knight blog, so obviously if I'm ...

Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Ciaphas Cain in September

Those of you who know me (and trust me, there's very few people who actually know me...online, anyway) will know that I have a very long history with Ciaphas Cain. In fact, it was Ciaphas Cain who introduced me to the Warhammer 40,000 universe, and the very first Warhammer 40,000 novel I ever read was Ciaphas Cain: Hero of the Imperium. That started my foray into Warhammer 40,000, and it also explains why my main faction is Imperial Guard. Okay, maybe my main faction is Imperial Knights. No, wait...it's Imperial Guard. Of all the armies I play with, I play with Imperial Guard the most. And it's thanks to my hero, Ciaphas Cain, for that. Oh, and the Valhallan Ice Warriors too!

Yeah, it was Ciaphas Cain who convinced me to create an Imperial Guard army (except that I got sidetracked when I saw the Imperial Knight models and decided to buy those first - still not heresy, since they are bigger, better Sentinels with noble pilots and help the Imperial Guard a lot). Well, why am I talking about Ciaphas Cain anyway? Because...dun dun dun! We have 2 new Ciaphas Cain books coming out in September!

The first one is the new Ciaphas Cain novel by Sandy Mitchell, Choose your Enemies.

Ciaphas Cain: Choose Your Enemies

What is it about? According to the Black Library page:

THE STORY
Commissar Ciaphas Cain and the Valhallan 597th are in the thick of it again, putting down an uprising of Chaos cultists on an Imperial mining world. Though their mission is a success, they find evidence that the corruption might have spread to other planets, and that the forge world of Ironfound could now be at risk. The munitions Ironfound produces are vital to the Imperial war effort in the subsector; its safety must be assured at all costs. As battle explodes across the planet, Ciaphas Cain and his regiment come up against allies and enemies old and new in their fight for victory against the forces of Chaos.

So yeah. I'm so looking forward to this! I can't wait! All hail Ciaphas Cain! He's my mentor and my source of inspiration. I can't wait! Anyway, Choose Your Enemies will be released on September 1st, both as an eBook and a hardback. Yup! So ready your wallet, guys, because I will!

Oh, and what's the second Ciaphas Cain book, you ask? It's the long awaited Ciaphas Cain omnibus! Woohoo!

Ciaphas Cain: Saviour of the Imperium (Omnibus)

Yup, it's Ciaphas Cain: Savior of the Imperium. Kind of funny, because I started my Warhammer 40,000 adventure with Ciaphas Cain: Hero of the Imperium and then read on to Ciaphas Cain: Defender of the Imperium. I wouldn't be surprised if the 4th omnibus is titled Ciaphas Cain: Champion of the Imperium or something...

What's in Savior of the Imperium? Well, according to Black Library...

DESCRIPTION
In the grim darkness of the 41st millennium, mankind’s mighty Imperium is threatened on all sides by its enemies – brutal orks, ravening tyranid hordes and the corrupt armies of Chaos. Many are the heroes who stand at the forefront of this endless fight against evil, but few names conjure up as much awe and respect as the legendary commissar Ciaphas Cain. When all seems lost, Cain, his trusty but malodorous aide Jurgen, and the Valhallan 597th, can always be relied upon to ride to the rescue and save the day! With their thrills and spills, and tongue in cheek humour, the Ciaphas Cain novels offer a unique vision of the Warhammer 40,000 universe.

Written by Sandy Mitchell


CONTENTS
The Emperor's Finest
The Last Ditch
The Greater Good
Old Soldiers Never Die
The Smallest Detail
The Little Things
A Mug of Recaff

So yeah. I already have the Complete Ciaphas Cain Collection, which gives me these stories, and I'll be re-reading the entire batch before I read Choose Your Enemies. I can't wait to revisit Ciaphas Cain! His stories are the best and most enjoyable to read in Warhammer 40,000! Lots of the lexicum or lexicon and Warhammer 40,000 slang and lingo that I know were learned from Ciaphas Cain. You know, like "Emperor's bowels!" or "frak this!"

Oh, by the way, what happened to all the other Imperial Guard blogs? Charlie of Elite 40K blog hasn't posted since November last year and Grump Guardsman of Cadia's Creed blog has gone MIA over a year ago. This kind of sucks...I hope there are still other Imperial Guard blogs that are active online!

No comments:

Post a Comment