About My Blog

Ave Omnissiah!

Image result for adeptus mechanicus symbol

My blog is primarily my own personal fluff in the Warhammer 40,000 universe regarding the Draconis system such as the Knight House Yato in Ryusei, their Household Militia, the Draconian Defenders, and the Forge World of Draconis IV with its Adeptus Mechanicus priesthood, Cybernetica cohorts and Skitarii legions, and the Titan Legion, Legio Draconis, known as the Dark Dragons.

Featured Post

Retrospective: Imperial Knights

Today, we're going to a Retrospective on...Imperial Knights! I mean, this is primarily an Imperial Knight blog, so obviously if I'm ...

Tuesday, April 13, 2021

Praise the Omnissiah!

 Ave Omnissiah!

Our weapons at the Adeptus Mechanicus are a lot better than before! Warhammer Community has given us a rundown on what we can expect from the new Adeptus Mechanicus codex!

Galvanic weapons are better now!


We have gone from Strength 4 AP 0 to Strength 4 AP -1, and rapid fire 1 at 30" to a straight Heavy 2 at 30"! It does mean we can't move as much as before, but with 30" range, I don't see much of a need to move. Not bad!


Damage is still 1, but I'll take the increased AP. It made no sense to me that back in 8th edition, our guns went from Strength 4 AP4 to Strength 4 AP0. It should have stayed at Strength 4 AP -1. But the change from Rapid Fire 1 to Heavy 2 is a nice touch. Thanks to 9th edition rules, Heavy just means a -1 penalty to hit, so we don't have to worry about snap shooting whenever we move. I've to say, this is one of the rules I like more about 9th edition than 7th edition/Horus Heresy.

Arc weapons have also improved a ton!


Well, I wasn't expecting this when I gave my Skitarii Rangers arc rifles. I only did that because the 24" rapid fire 1 arc rifles were more compatible with the 30" rapid fire 1 galvanic rifles than 18" assault 3 radium carbines (I preferred giving my Skitarii Vanguard 18" plasma calivers instead), but now it seems that my choice has been vindicated!


Yup, you read that right! Arc weapons now wound all vehicles on an unmodified wound roll of 4+, regardless of Toughness! It doesn't matter if I'm targeting a Toughness 7 APC or tank, or a Toughness 8 Imperial Knight, my arc weapons will be wounding them all on a 4+! That makes a lot more sense than before, because even at Strength 6, I used to wound vehicles on a 5+ if they were Toughness 7 or tougher. This solves a lot of problems for the supposedly anti-tank arc weaponry. Even better, the damage is now a flat 3 instead of D3 against vehicles, which makes them a lot more reliable in hunting tanks than before! I can't wait to field them now! Also, did you see how the range of the arc rifles increased to 30"? Now they are a lot better on Skitarii Rangers and are more compatible with their galvanic rifles than before!


Transonic weapons have also improved, with transonic razors being AP -2 and transonic blades reaching up to AP -3! Nice, they can cut through Terminator armor now.

Cognis weapons are now Assault weapons, which means your vehicles can advance and fire them with a -1 penalty. So my Skorpius Duneriders can zoom across the table while still firing their Cognis heavy stubbers! Yeah, -1 penalty, but I'll take it in exchange for greater movement, I guess. Well, it depends on the situation, of course. But I'll take that option!


Also, did you see the increased number of shots for the twin Cognis autocannons? Not that I use them, so it's fine for me. On the other hand, I'm staring at the twin cognis lascannons in awe.


What in Holy Mars?! They deal a minimum of 4 damage now! That's amazing! My Archaeopter Stratoraptor just got a whole lot deadlier!

Kataphron Breachers also have similar upgrades. Obviously their heavy arc rifles probably got the same buff, wounding vehicles on a straight 4+ no matter how tough they are, but I don't know if they get better AP (they were already AP -2) and better damage. They used to do D6 damage to vehicles, probably a flat damage of 3+D3 maybe? Who knows? On the other hand, we know for sure that torsion cannons now deal D3+3 damage like the twin cognis lascannons and the range is 48". A vast improvement compared to before!


Now we can supercharge our plasma culverins on our Kataphron Destroyers without worrying about them getting slain on rolls of 1s! Instead, they just take a single mortal wound for each 1 they roll, so you don't have to worry about them blowing themselves up every time you supercharge.


That leaves one burning question in my mind, though. What about plasma calivers? Will we get assault 3 plasma calivers back? Or are they still stuck at 2 shots each? Would be amazing if we get back the 3-shot plasma calivers we had back in 7th edition...but I won't hold my breath. Nonetheless, having seen all these changes, I'm excited to get my hands on the new Adeptus Mechanicus codex! WOOHOO!

No comments:

Post a Comment