About My Blog

Ave Omnissiah!

Image result for adeptus mechanicus symbol

My blog is primarily my own personal fluff in the Warhammer 40,000 universe regarding the Draconis system such as the Knight House Yato in Ryusei, their Household Militia, the Draconian Defenders, and the Forge World of Draconis IV with its Adeptus Mechanicus priesthood, Cybernetica cohorts and Skitarii legions, and the Titan Legion, Legio Draconis, known as the Dark Dragons.

Featured Post

Retrospective: Imperial Knights

Today, we're going to a Retrospective on...Imperial Knights! I mean, this is primarily an Imperial Knight blog, so obviously if I'm ...

Friday, March 5, 2021

More Primaris Reinforcements

 So my Black Templars received a few reinforcemens again this week. This time in the form of a mighty Redemptor Dreadnought! I gave him a macro plasma incinerator (which can be swapped out for a heavy onslaught cannon), mostly because I like plasma. Oh, and might as well make use of the Black Templars' resistance against mortal wounds. If I supercharge and roll ones (and my Primaris Captain is too far away), then I'll still have a chance of saving the wound with a 5+++ Feel No Pain against mortal wounds.

As for the Aggressors...well, cool, I guess? I like gravis armored Space Marines, with the exception of Inceptors (I think the Inceptors look dorky and weird as the warp). So I'm going to collect a few Space Marines in gravis armor. I'll probably grab the Heavy Intercessors and Captain with master-crafted heavy bolt rifle, as well as a few Eradicators to round out my army. Throw in the Aggressors, the Redemptor Dreadnought and a couple of Repulsor Executioner tanks and I can have an all-gravis army! We'll see. I need to save up for a second Repulsor Executioner, so I won't be getting him any time soon.

But an all gravis army appeals to me in the same way I want an all Terminator army (sort of like Deathwing, but I'm not a Dark Angels fan, I prefer the Sons of Dorn, especially since I've read The Beast Arises and I like the Black Templars from Black Legion). Well, since we have Heavy Intercessors as Troops, I might as well try it out. It'll be fun...I think. I need to grab a Primaris Techmarine for that sweet 2+ armor save (and also since I have them driving my Repulsor Executioner tanks). And since the Black Templars Chapter Tactics don't really suit my all gravis army very well, I'll have to make some alterations. I'll probably just use an Imperial Fists Successor Chapter, but with custom Chapter Tactics. With the amount of bolt weaponry I have (Heavy Intercessors, Aggressors, all the vehicles), I might as well take the Bolt Fusillade Chapter Tactic. I'll probably choose Warded for the second one to keep the defense against mortal wounds (since I have quite a bit of plasma). Also, the Legacy of Dorn doctrine will benefit my plasma weapons a lot more than usual...giving them up to 4 damage, I think? But only during the first turn and if I supercharge them, of course. Well, we'll see.

But for now I'll focus on my Black Templars army. It's not as if the Heavy Intercessors will be coming any time soon...oh, never mind. I have no intention of buying the Pariah Nexus Kill Team box. I'll wait for the Heavy Intercessors to be released separately.

No comments:

Post a Comment