About My Blog

Ave Omnissiah!

Image result for adeptus mechanicus symbol

My blog is primarily my own personal fluff in the Warhammer 40,000 universe regarding the Draconis system such as the Knight House Yato in Ryusei, their Household Militia, the Draconian Defenders, and the Forge World of Draconis IV with its Adeptus Mechanicus priesthood, Cybernetica cohorts and Skitarii legions, and the Titan Legion, Legio Draconis, known as the Dark Dragons.

Featured Post

Retrospective: Imperial Knights

Today, we're going to a Retrospective on...Imperial Knights! I mean, this is primarily an Imperial Knight blog, so obviously if I'm ...

Monday, March 29, 2021

Painting Frenzy

 Phew, I finally got down to painting my Knights for Adeptus Titanicus. Oh, and I also painted the second las-impulsor and multilaser for my Questoris Knight, so now I can run 2 Knights Preceptor if I have to. Yay. But I have a Horus Heresy Weekender coming up next week, so I had to make sure all my Adeptus Titanicus Knights are painted by then. Otherwise...ahem, you know. I don't want to field unpainted Knights.

I can't wait to try out my Questoris Knights Styrix and Cerastus Knights Atrapos! I don't know how they will fare in Adeptus Titanicus, but they are worth a try. It'll be fun. Well, most likely they will get shot off the table before they can do anything significant, but that's perfectly fine. I don't expect to win, I expect that my Knight Household Army will get crushed against an all Titan army. But hey, I'm doing it for fun. Just like how I play Terran mech against Protoss...well, I play nothing but Terran mech in Starcraft 2. So yeah, something like that.

Too bad there's no Warmaster Battle Titan. I was so hoping to field him in the Horus Heresy Weekender, but nope. They didn't release him in time for that. I was hoping to buy and try him out alongside my Knight Household Army, but...yeah. It sucks, but at least I have my new Forge World Knights, so I ain't gonna complain. I'll rue the wasted opportunity to try out the Warmaster Titan, but it is what it is.

Oh, and now that I was painting, I took the chance to dabble some Valhallan Blizzard on my Forgefiend and Lord of Change. My Lord of Change was painted by a friend (all right, I commissioned him to do it because I was not confident of painting a Lord of Change at all). So yeah, I cheated. Sorry. Not that I ever said I will paint all my models (I mean, I buy some second-hand, so...).

I didn't have time to fully paint my Archaeopter Stratoraptor, so I just painted the cockpit. What? Why did I only paint the cockpit? So that I can glue the armorglass onto the cockpit. Yay. I'll paint the rest of the Archaeopter Stratoraptor when I have the chance and time.

I also painted my Armiger Warglaives. Now I have 4 Armiger class Knights to go with at least 2 Questoris Knights Preceptor. I have a third Questoris Knight, 2 Cerastus Knights (one Lancer, one Atrapos) and a single Dominus Knight Castellan. So I can also play a Knight Household in regular 40K as well.

What? Warzone Charadon: The Book of Rust, you say? Nah. I bought the book, yeah, but I'm not using House Raven. House Yato is not House Raven. And the Draconian Skitarii are not Metallica Skitarii. Also, I'm not sure how to say this, but the Mechanicus Defensive Cohort isn't for me. I love robots, yeah, but almost 90% of my Adeptus Mechanicus army is Skitarii. I don't even have Kataphron battle servitors! So I'm not going to bother with that. I'm sticking with my Skitarii. Yay.

All I need to wait for is my Skitarii Marshal...hopefully he'll be released alongside the Adeptus Mechanicus codex in April!

No comments:

Post a Comment