About My Blog

Ave Omnissiah!

Image result for adeptus mechanicus symbol

My blog is primarily my own personal fluff in the Warhammer 40,000 universe regarding the Draconis system such as the Knight House Yato in Ryusei, their Household Militia, the Draconian Defenders, and the Forge World of Draconis IV with its Adeptus Mechanicus priesthood, Cybernetica cohorts and Skitarii legions, and the Titan Legion, Legio Draconis, known as the Dark Dragons.

Featured Post

Retrospective: Imperial Knights

Today, we're going to a Retrospective on...Imperial Knights! I mean, this is primarily an Imperial Knight blog, so obviously if I'm ...

Sunday, December 23, 2018

The Lost Sorcerer

Today I had a heart attack (not literally, of course) when I found that one of my Aspiring Sorcerers were missing. I panicked and searched the whole store for the poor, missing fella, and was never able to find him. Resigned to needing to buy a new replacement and praying to the God-Emperor of Mankind that I would somehow miraculously find him lying around at home, I decided to go paint. Only for the snow to fall and prevent me from using my spray-paint.

Ugh.

Fortunately, the Aspiring Sorcerer showed up unexpectedly when a couple of my friends were trying to have a game. Funnily enough he was hiding inside one of the Warhammer 40,000 terrain pieces! I was so glad to have found him and brought him back into my Thousand Sons coven of Sorcerers. Phew!

I tried to get a game today, but wasn't very successful today. Eventually I managed to get a 1,000-point game against Orks and I was only too happy to try out my new Deathwatch army.



It was a massacre.

Simply put, even though I had the first turn, I killed little more than 1 Flashgitz, a couple of Grots, a couple of Boyz and maybe a couple of Tankbustas. The next thing I knew, the Tankbustas shot down my Corvus Blackstar, the Flamerboyz had auto-hits with their flamers and wrecked the poor Corvus Blackstar. Between the Flashgitz and Warboss, they wiped out my entire squad of Deathwatch frag cannon team, and the Boyz with their dakka dakka dakka killed a bunch of storm bolter dudes. I lost more than half my army in just one turn and was forced to concede as I had absolutely nothing to hold back the Green Tide. Which was rendered unkillable because of the Big Mek's 5++ invulnerable save, Grot Shields and the Painboy's Feel No Pain.



Yup, not going to win that. No wonder they say that horde is the meta now. Everything is about volumes of dice and sheer numbers. Thanks to that, my poor Deathwatch Marines were massacred one-sidedly. This edition has not been kind to elite, Marine armies. Ugh. Hordes will continue to rule the rest of the meta.



Well, time to return to playing my Astra Militarum army!

No comments:

Post a Comment