About My Blog

Ave Omnissiah!

Image result for adeptus mechanicus symbol

My blog is primarily my own personal fluff in the Warhammer 40,000 universe regarding the Draconis system such as the Knight House Yato in Ryusei, their Household Militia, the Draconian Defenders, and the Forge World of Draconis IV with its Adeptus Mechanicus priesthood, Cybernetica cohorts and Skitarii legions, and the Titan Legion, Legio Draconis, known as the Dark Dragons.

Featured Post

Retrospective: Imperial Knights

Today, we're going to a Retrospective on...Imperial Knights! I mean, this is primarily an Imperial Knight blog, so obviously if I'm ...

Thursday, August 9, 2018

Short Battle Report

Here's a short battle report. Before I get to it, I'll just post a picture of a Forgebane poster that I finally managed to get and put up in my room.


Oh, and I had to repair my poor Knight Crusader. The poor guy was pretty banged up and literally in pieces when I took him out of my luggage. Yeah, if you want to transport your models about, you need the Citadel cases with foam or sponge. Putting them in your luggage will only end up in a disaster. Ugh. But I glued him back together with much difficulty and he seems to be standing pretty tall, especially when placed next to my Thanatar and Castellax (which I still can't use because they don't have 40,000 rules! When is Fires of Cyraxus ever going to come out?!). Oddly enough, my Leman Russ tanks were a lot more durable. Unlike the humongous Knight, my Leman Russ tanks came out of the journey virtally unscathed. As they say, the Leman Russ tanks are trusty, reliable and hardy. Can always count on them to pull through for us!

I also got my Skitarii back, so yay. This blog will be reverting back to Adeptus Mechanicus, Astra Militarum and Imperial Knights. I can pretty much field a combined arms army with my Adeptus Mechanicus Skitarii models and Astra Militarum regiment. It'll change things up, makes gameplay more interesting and offer me options rather than fielding nothing but Guardsmen and tanks. Oh, and I can play several Kill Teams with my Skitarii or Guardsmen (or Storm Troopers). Oh, and I'm really grateful to my friend. Not only did he return me my Skitarii, he even gave me several of his Skitarii Rangers. Thanks! I'll make sure to use them well!

Anyway, after I received my Skitarii back, I had a game with my friend. Since we had about an hour left, we decided to play a quick 1,000-points game. He played Space Wolves and I brought my Imperial Guard army. He brought 2 squads of 5 Intercessors each, 10 Blood Claws, Lukas the Trickster, Logan Grimnar and Ragnar Blackmane, plus a Land Raider Crusader. He invested so many points into Characters that...he didn't have a lot on the table. On the other hand, I brought 2 Company Commanders with plasma pistols, 3 squads of Guardsmen with plasma guns, and 4 Leman Russ tanks - 3 Executioners and 1 Annihilator. The reason why I was able to bring so many tanks was because Guardsmen are pretty cheap. Just for as little as 211 points, I could bring a Battalion and fill up the rest of the points with tanks.

My opponent got first turn and he moved and advanced his Land Raider Crusader, which was holding the Blood Claws, Lukas, Ragnar and Logan. His Intercessors moved forward and mowed down an entire squad. First Blood to him.

My Leman Russ Annihilator then fired and wounded the Land Raider Crusader, dealing about 5 wounds or so with the lascannons, and then maybe another 2 damage? In any case, I used the Overlapping Fields of Fire Stratagem and had my Leman Russ Executioner tanks shoot the Land Raider. The 2nd one brought him down to just 1 wound, and the third one decided to fire his main cannon on one squad of Intercessors while finishing off the Land Raider with his lascannon and plasma cannons. The Intercessors were wiped out, and the Land Raider Crusader exploded, which meant 3 or 4 guys died. My remaining 2 squads of Guardsmen fired their lasguns and plasma guns on the surviving Blood Claws, but the lasguns didn't deal any damage (or the Blood Claws made their saves against the lasguns). On the other hand, the plasma guns killed a couple of Blood Claws, and the Company Commanders' plasma pistols killed the remaining Blood Claws, wiping them out. With nothing between them and the last Leman Russ tank, despite being a Character, Lukas became the closest model, so I killed him with my final Leman Russ Executioner by shooting everything into him.

The Intercessors fired and...only killed 1 Guardsman. Ragnar also fired and...killed 0 Guardsman. I actually got lucky, as I amde most of my flak armor saves. No kidding. I was rolling 4 5s and 6s. I can't believe how lucky and sturdy my Guardsmen were, despite wearing only cardboard-thin flak armor. The Emperor protects indeed. Logan fared better, killing about 2 Guardsmen. Ragnar charged in and...killed only 1 Guardsman in combat. Yeah...my opponent was rolling pretty badly. Logan, on the other hand, killed 3 Guardsmen in melee, and I lost another 2 to morale.

I had my Guardsmen fall back, and my Company Commanders order them to get back into the fight! Despite firing everything they had, plasma guns, remaining lasguns or plasma pistols, between their 2+ Terminator armor save and 4++ invulnerable save, they tanked everything.

Then my Leman Russ tanks fired.

Probably because these were the tanks named after their Primarch, neither Character/Hero stood a chance against their devastating firepower. The first Leman Russ Executioner and the Leman Russ Annihilator slew Logan, despite his Tenacious Survivor or whatever Warlord Trait that gave him Feel No Pain. Plasma bombardment and lascannons vaporized him into nothing. That granted me Slay the Warlord. One of the remaining 2 Leman Russ Executioner tanks fired and killed Ragnar with a bombardment of plasma despite his 4++ invulnerable save. The final Leman Russ Executioner tank fired into the Intercessor squad and killed about 3 guys, leaving just 2.

The Intercessors moved within rapid fire range, fired and killed another 2 or 3 guys in my 8-men squad, then tried to charge and failed. Didn't matter, I failed my Overwatch anyway. Then my Leman Russ Executioner tank wiped them out in one volley, an easy job since there were only 2 of them left. My opponent was utterly and completely tabled. Victory went to the Imperial Guard again!

If only this was a reenactment of Warzone Fenris, where the Prosperine Spireguard attacked the Fang in mass numbers...We would have conquered the Fang and hand Fenris over to Magnus and the Thousand Sons! Ugh. What a waste. Oh well. Then again, we're loyalists and fight on the side of the Emperor, so what's done is done. Still, I'm kind of surprised at how strong Imperial Guard is, and why people hardly use Leman Russ tanks in tournaments. Well, if I ever participate in a tournament and get my ass kicked, I'll find out. Till then! For the Emperor!

No comments:

Post a Comment