About My Blog

Ave Omnissiah!

Image result for adeptus mechanicus symbol

My blog is primarily my own personal fluff in the Warhammer 40,000 universe regarding the Draconis system such as the Knight House Yato in Ryusei, their Household Militia, the Draconian Defenders, and the Forge World of Draconis IV with its Adeptus Mechanicus priesthood, Cybernetica cohorts and Skitarii legions, and the Titan Legion, Legio Draconis, known as the Dark Dragons.

Featured Post

Retrospective: Imperial Knights

Today, we're going to a Retrospective on...Imperial Knights! I mean, this is primarily an Imperial Knight blog, so obviously if I'm ...

Wednesday, August 15, 2018

More Thousand Sons!

As I said yesterday, I went and expanded on my roster of Thousand Sons. I managed to get myself a second squad of Rubric Marines, but I armed them all with warpflamers because I can. No, seriously, I like warpflamers, and the idea of a whole squad of them armed with nothing but warpflamers appealed to me. Hence...9 Rubric Marines with warpflamers and their Aspiring Sorcerer armed with a warpflame pistol.

Thousand Sons infantry complete! Ahriman, Sorcerer, 2 squads of Rubric Marines and Scarab Occult Terminators!
In case the firsst picture wasn't clear enough. I'm so bad at taking photographs, sorry.

 This means I have a squad of Rubric Marines with inferno boltguns and a second squad with warpflamers. I can split 1 squad up into 5, using my Horus Heresy Ahriman as an Aspiring Sorcerer. I can also use my Guardsmen as Traitor Guardsmen/Cultists, so that's another cool option. With the modern Ahriman on a disc and a squad of Scarab Occult Terminators, I can already play a Battalion of Thousand Sons by using Horus Heresy Ahriman as an Exalted Sorcerer and 10 Guardsmen as Cultists (the 3rd Troops choice). But I don't plan on doing that. Instead, I'm going to grab myself a box of Exalted Sorcerers and a Daemon Prince and kitbash the Daemon Prince into a Tzeentch Daemon Prince or a Thousand Sons Daemon Prince. We'll see. As for the others, I'll get an Exalted Sorcerer on disc, and a normal Exalted Sorcerer on foot, who can double as a normal Sorcerer in case I don't have the points for an Exalted Sorcerer. I hope that will rarely be the case, though.

And if infantry wasn't enough, I've added a Rhino too!
In addition to this, I also bought a Chaos Rhino. I converted it into a Thousand Sons Rhino by replacing the Marine on top with a Rubric Marine, so this is an exclusively Thousand Sons Rhino! I got the idea from looking at the codex - they featured a Rhino with a Rubric Marine on top, so I thought, hey, why not? I had a lot of spare bits and pieces from my Rubric Marine boxes, so I used them to convert the Khorne Marine on top of the Chaos Rhino into a Rubric Marine, and he really goes well with the whole Thousand Sons thing!

See that Rubric Marine on top of the Rhino? Credit goes to the codex for featuring a Rhino with a Rubric Marine on top!
Now I'm just waiting on these two (excluding the Daemon Prince and Exalted Sorcerers). If I do get them (can't count my Tzaangors before they hatch), my Thousand Sons army will be pretty much complete. If not, I'll just go with plan B, which is Knights. Yeah, Knights are awesome. Anyway, that's the plan for now. Eventually I'll get a Cerberus Heavy Destroyer, which I'll build by kitbashing a Forgefiend and a Land Raider. Whether people would actually accept it or not, I have no idea, but hey, I'll only use it in fun, casual games (when people bring Knights or lots of tanks or other super-heavies) so I don't think I'll have a problem playing it. I don't know how it'll fare in a tournament setting - do they accept kitbashed models? Huh...oh well, we'll see. Anyway, they do have quite a few stuff they sell on ebay like the Deredeo Dreadnought and Contemptor Dreadnought. If you're interested, please bid for them before they get snapped up! Heh.

Speaking of which, does anyone want the spare Chaos Rhino bits and pieces? I ended up not using the spikes and stuff, so if you want them, please let me know. Otherwise I'll put them up on ebay on Thursday (left it in the store because I couldn't put the box in my bicycle).

No comments:

Post a Comment