About My Blog

Ave Omnissiah!

Image result for adeptus mechanicus symbol

My blog is primarily my own personal fluff in the Warhammer 40,000 universe regarding the Draconis system such as the Knight House Yato in Ryusei, their Household Militia, the Draconian Defenders, and the Forge World of Draconis IV with its Adeptus Mechanicus priesthood, Cybernetica cohorts and Skitarii legions, and the Titan Legion, Legio Draconis, known as the Dark Dragons.

Featured Post

Retrospective: Imperial Knights

Today, we're going to a Retrospective on...Imperial Knights! I mean, this is primarily an Imperial Knight blog, so obviously if I'm ...

Thursday, August 2, 2018

Astra Mlitarum Competitive Scene

I just happened to chance across this article in the Bell of Lost Souls and it seems pretty interesting!

Basically, Imperial Knights and Imperial Guard (both of which are my main armies) are the top 2 of both Most Played Faction and Most Winning Faction!

That made me a little happy and pleasantly surprised, especially since I'm struggling with my Imperial Guard list right now (okay, I'm not exactly struggling that hard since I do win more games than I lose with my Astra Militarum list)...at least until I read the comments. Apparently most of the supposed "Astra Militarum" lists are armies that only bring the bare minimum Battalion-sized Imperial Guard Detachment (the infamous 32 Guardsmen - 2 Company Commanders and 3 Infantry Squads) and name them as their "primary" army because the Warlord happens to be from there (Grand Strategist and Kurov's Aquila relic), but they usually don't even make up 10% of the actual army. Meaning most of those lists bring about 180 points worth of Imperial Guard, and then over 1,800 points of something else (Adeptus Custodes, Imperial Knights, Space Marines, whatever), but still call themselves "Imperial Guard" lists because the Warlord is from there. No kidding.

The infamous 32, Imperial Guard Battalion Command Points Battery, min-maxing, etc. At this point it's no longer funny. I mean, people should play what they like, and all the more to them if they want to create an army around the infamous 32, but...they're starting to give Imperial Guard players a bad name, especially those of us who play pure Imperial Guard lists...like me. I really have no idea what to say. But whatever. I guess I'll just continue playing whatever I'm playing and hope I don't get mixed up with those other "Imperial Guard" players whose Imperial Guard Battalion is only 10% of their Adeptus Custodes/Space Marines/Imperial Knights/whatever armies.

No comments:

Post a Comment