About My Blog

Ave Omnissiah!

Image result for adeptus mechanicus symbol

My blog is primarily my own personal fluff in the Warhammer 40,000 universe regarding the Draconis system such as the Knight House Yato in Ryusei, their Household Militia, the Draconian Defenders, and the Forge World of Draconis IV with its Adeptus Mechanicus priesthood, Cybernetica cohorts and Skitarii legions, and the Titan Legion, Legio Draconis, known as the Dark Dragons.

Featured Post

Retrospective: Imperial Knights

Today, we're going to a Retrospective on...Imperial Knights! I mean, this is primarily an Imperial Knight blog, so obviously if I'm ...

Thursday, August 23, 2018

Painting my Sorcerers

I finally managed to return to Dreamers' Vault to paint today. So I bought a new Chaos Black spray can (because the old one ran out of paint) and turned all of my Rubric Marines, Scarab Occult Terminators, Exalted Sorcerers, Ahzek Ahriman, Daemon Prince, Chaos Rhino and even a Tech-priest Dominus, Belisarius Cawl, Ministorum Priest and a missile pod (supposed to be the Ironstorm missile pod) black. Yay!

The painted dudes
Yup, that's exactly what they look like now. Once I was done spraying them, I did a haphazard job of painting my Sorcerers. I worked on the Tech-priest Dominus, missile pod, Ministorum Priest and Belisarius Cawl first, since they're meant to be for my Imperial armies (Adeptus Mechanicus, Imperial Knights and Astra Militarum) and there were fewer of them - thus easier to complete painting. With them done, I moved on to my Thousand Sons, but because of time limitations, I decided to work on the Sorcerers and Rhino first. So now they look like this.

Random Imperial dudes thrown in to be painted alongside the Thousand Sons. Daemon Prince leering at them in the back. How scary.
All I have left is my Rubric Marines, Scarab Occult Sorcerers and Daemon Prince. I'll work on them tomorrow but we'll see. I have no idea how they'll turn out. Oh, and I received my Deredeo Dreadnought and Contemptor Dreadnought yesterday, so I'll be running them as Hellforged Deredeo Dreadnought and Hellforged Contemptor Dreadnought for my Thousand Sons army. I say Thousand Sons army, but I'll eventually branch out and get Alpha Legion allies, so it's kind of like The Serpent Strikes. The Ouroboros and the Hydra, working in concert to sow discord in their enemies' midst and overwhelming them with psychic sorcery. Of course, they're still (secretly) loyal to the Imperium so they will minimize conflicts and contact with the Imperium and work hard to eliminate threats to the Imperium by battling other Chaos factions and xenos. Right...I'm butchering the fluff. Sorry.

Black Rubric Marines! Sons of Shadow
One of the few things I had in mind for my Thousand Sons warband is that they used to be a loyalist Chapter called Shadow Seekers, who were forced to turn Renegade when they were about to get destroyed, but were saved by Ahzek Ahriman and the Thousand Sons Legion. So they ended up getting absorbed into the Thousand Sons Legion as new recruits. What I was thinking was that they were attacked by the Death Guard, and most of the Chapter were infected with something that could overcome even their superhuman immunity and render them into near-living zombies. Ahriman proposed a solution to halt the infection and contain it, but the Chief Librarian of the Shadow Seekers ended up sneaking into Ahriman's Library (or whatever) and attempting the Rubric, accidentally turning all his infected/half-zombified Brothers into Rubric Marines and Scarab Occult Terminators. Hence they end up being Thousand Sons. The survivors of the Chapter are mostly Librarians who became new Thousand Sons Sorcerers (like Astraeos). I mean, come on. The Thousand Sons have to recruit from somewhere, right? They have been losing Sorcerers left and right, casualties sustained when attacking Fenris and the Space Wolves, or infighting (Ahriman killed Sanakht and Amon). They must have some way of replenishing their numbers, right? I kind of imagined that they recruit Librarians from Renegade Chapters into their ranks and induct them as Thousand Sons Sorcerers. The Rubric Marines too.

Black Scarab Occult Terminators! Sons of Shadow again!
Now the Shadow Seekers have become known as the Sons of Shadow, or the Shadowy Sons. Or whatever. You know, to go with the whole Sons theme of the Thousand Sons. Anyway, the surviving non-Librarian members (and there are quite a few of them) end up becoming Havocs or Devastators, operating the lascannons and heavy weapons that the Rubric Marines are unable to operate (for some reason). There is an entire regiment of Draconian Defenders who followed the Shadow Seekers in flight when they were attacked, and these Renegade Guardsmen now serve as the Sons of Shadow's mortal troops. Well, you could say they ended up being part of the new Prosperine Spireguard. So the Shadow Seekers join the Thousand Sons Legion and an entire regiment of Draconian infantry went over to become Prosperine Spireguard (reflected in my army as Cultists - though I can probably branch out to Renegades and Heretics with Chimeras and Leman Russ tanks in bigger games). Then you have a Techmarine who attend to the Chapter's automata (which is the reason why they were excommuniated and hunted by the Inquisition before turning Renegade). The automata are reflected by the Dreadnoughts - the Contemptor and Deredeo Dreadnoughts. So these surviving members continue to fight using the Shadow Seekers Chapter's original tactics, literally fighting and attacking from the shadows, and this is reflected in them using the Alpha Legion's Legion Trait. The Draconians-turned-Prosperine Spireguard are now learning from their Shadow Seeker allies how to fight from the shadows as well, and the training has been quite effective.

...I guess that makes for a convincing background for my Thousand Sons warband? Or...not? Oh well, in any case, the Sons of Shadow are here to stay with their Traitor Guardsmen allies and Hellforged automata. Yay? So the non-sorcery/non-psychic aspect of the Chapter is represented by the very few Devastators/Havocs that survived the Rubric, while the Librarians in the Chapter are now Thousand Sons Sorcerers. The zombified dudes are now Rubric Marines or Scarab Occult Terminators. I guess? That should work, right?

Maybe I should write something about this, but we'll see. Tomorrow I'll paint up my Rubric Marines and Scarab Occult Terminators and Daemon Prince and I'll post them up tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment