About My Blog

Ave Omnissiah!

Image result for adeptus mechanicus symbol

My blog is primarily my own personal fluff in the Warhammer 40,000 universe regarding the Draconis system such as the Knight House Yato in Ryusei, their Household Militia, the Draconian Defenders, and the Forge World of Draconis IV with its Adeptus Mechanicus priesthood, Cybernetica cohorts and Skitarii legions, and the Titan Legion, Legio Draconis, known as the Dark Dragons.

Featured Post

Retrospective: Imperial Knights

Today, we're going to a Retrospective on...Imperial Knights! I mean, this is primarily an Imperial Knight blog, so obviously if I'm ...

Friday, August 24, 2018

List building for Thousand Sons

Damn, after a few things happened today (overslept, rushed to USPS and was a minute late. Consequently I couldn't send my ebay stuff out to the buyer and have to go to another USPS office tomorrow, ugh), I wasn't able to go to Dreamers Vault to continue painting or playing. It sucks, but that's life. Stupid things happen, mostly because it's my fault (I have weird sleeping hours). Well, I'll make sure not to repeat that mistake tomorrow.

Anyway, since I have nothing better to do or post, I might as well write on my current Thousand Sons list. I've ordered a bunch of Forge World lascannons, combi-plasma and power axes so that I can kitbash normal Space Marines into Havocs, a Chaos Lord and a Warpsmith. The power axes are going to be useful for doing a Techmarine and converting into a mechatendrils. Or something. We'll see. I hope I can kitbash him the same way I did for my Daemon Prince of Tzeentch.

So what do I have now? Basically a 2,000-point list (once I finish building my Havocs).

The Serpent Strikes

Thousand Sons Battalion

HQ

Ahzek Ahriman 166 (Warlord)
Daemon Prince of Tzeentch with wings and malefic talons 180 (Dark Matter Crystal)
Exalted Sorcerer on disc with plasma pistol 147 (either Helm of Third Eye or Seer's Bane)

Troops

5 Rubric Marines 107
5 Rubric Marines 107
10 Rubric Marines with warpflamers 330

Elites

5 Scarab Occult Terminators 238

Total: 1,275 (5 Command Points)

Alpha Legion Battalion

HQ

Chaos Lord with combi-plasma 89 (Blade of the Hydra)
Warpsmith 76

Troops

10 Cultists with flamer 49
10 Cultists with flamer 49
10 Cultists with flamer 49

Heavy Support

Havocs with 4 lascannons and combi-plasma 180
Deredeo Dreadnought with butcher array and greater havoc launcher 233

Total: 725 (5 Command Points)

Total: 2,000 points (13 Command Points -> 11 after spending 2 Command Points for extra relics)

The list is flexible in that I can easily swap out units for others. So if I want a Contemptor Dreadnought with 2 butcher cannons, I can swap out 5 Rubric Marines with warpflamers, or the Havocs (and replace the Warpsmith with another Chaos Lord with combi-plasma if I swap the Havocs out), or I could swap the Scarab Occult Terminators out for the Contemptor Dreadnought and Chaos Rhino (while removing a flamer from one of the Cultist squads). The Contemptor Dreadnought will be Alpha Legion while the Chaos Rhino will be Thousand Sons. But those are pretty minimal changes and won't alter much of my list...or so I hope. I don't know. What do you think? What should I swap out for the Contemptor Dreadnought, or should I even try to put a Contemptor Dreadnought in the first place? We'll see, I guess?

There's also the weird alternative of moving the Rubric Marines into the Alpha Legion Detachment instead. So it'll look like this:

The Serpent Strikes

Thousand Sons Supreme Command

HQ

Ahzek Ahriman 166 (Warlord)
Daemon Prince of Tzeentch with wings and malefic talons 180 (Dark Matter Crystal)
Exalted Sorcerer on disc with plasma pistol 147 (Seer's Bane)
Exalted Sorcerer 121 (Helm of Third Eye)

Elites

5 Scarab Occult Terminators 238

Total: 852 (1 Command Points)

Alpha Legion Battalion

HQ

Chaos Lord with combi-plasma 89 (Blade of the Hydra)
Warpsmith 76

Elites

11 Rubric Marines with warpflamers and soulreaper cannon 363
6 Chosen with combi-plasma and 5 lascannons, plus 1 power sword and 5 chainswords 240

Troops

10 Cultists with flamer 49
10 Cultists with flamer 49
10 Cultists with flamer 49

Heavy Support

Deredeo Dreadnought with butcher array and greater havoc launcher 233

Total: 1,148 (5 Command Points)

Total: 2,000 points (9 Command Points -> 5 after spending 4 Command Points for extra relics)

Well, I don't have a lot of Command Points in this list, which worries me a lot. Of course I can skip the Seer's Bane and stay on 7 Command Points instead, but I just don't know. Maybe this is a better list than the fluffier one on top. Especially since I'll be using Forward Operatives for the Rubric Marines and...that will bring my Command Points down to 4/6 again. Hmm...

What do you guys think? Which list should I go for? 2 Battalions for lots of Command Points, or trying some sneaky shennigans with my Rubric Marines in an Alpha Legion Detachment? I doubt I'll get any replies on here, but whatever. Might as well ask and hope for the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment