About My Blog

Ave Omnissiah!

Image result for adeptus mechanicus symbol

My blog is primarily my own personal fluff in the Warhammer 40,000 universe regarding the Draconis system such as the Knight House Yato in Ryusei, their Household Militia, the Draconian Defenders, and the Forge World of Draconis IV with its Adeptus Mechanicus priesthood, Cybernetica cohorts and Skitarii legions, and the Titan Legion, Legio Draconis, known as the Dark Dragons.

Featured Post

Retrospective: Imperial Knights

Today, we're going to a Retrospective on...Imperial Knights! I mean, this is primarily an Imperial Knight blog, so obviously if I'm ...

Friday, July 19, 2024

Thousand Sons automata in 40K

Now you might be wondering why I'm assembling a small Thousand Sons Crusade force at this weird time, after selling the previous one a long time ago. Yeah, my Horus Heresy Thousand Sons are still around. Not selling them, at least I don't think so.

Anyway, I was bringing back Ignatius for the 41st millennium because of new developments in the Parah Nexus storyline. As you know, Ignatius is basically my Sorcerer in Terminator armor and the commander of my Thousand Sons armies both in Horus Heresy and modern 40K. In the past - and I'm bringing them back for the present - he was followed by Chronos the Infernal Master, Makhat and Egnis the Exalted Sorcerers, Acastus and Tukhan the sergeants turned Aspiring Sorcerers, and Hathor Mathias, a Scarab Occult Terminator who's in charge of both the Heresy-era Cataphractii Terminators and Scarab Occult Terminators.

Ignatius, a member of the Order of Ruin, used to lead armies of Castellax-Achea psyker-automata during the Horus Heresy, fighting in the defense of the Emperor and as a Loyalist. However, he was often turned against by other Loyalists, and sometimes his fellowship was forced to fight alongside other Traitors just to survive.

In the 41st millennium, he ends up in a situation where he has no choice but to throw his lot in with Chaos, even if he's an unwilling follower of Tzeentch. He assists Ahzek Ahriman whenever necessary. He still has access to ancient Contemptor-Osiron Dreadnoughts in his arsenal, the occupants of the sacrophagus having turned to dust because of Ahriman's Rubric. He also maintains his army of psyker-automata, though the millennia have seen them...uh, Changed.

The question, though, is whether Games Workshop plans to give Thousand Sons new automata models for 10th Edition. That's the reason why I ended up assembling a small Thousand Sons force. First, I saw Chapter Master Valrak's video, and then I bought last month's White Dwarf, and apparently Magnus is unlocking ancient vaults on both Sortarius and Prospero, sending legions of long dormant daemon-automata to the Nephilim sub-sector to bring war to the Necrons in place of his debilitated Sorcerers, who suffer incredibly from the effects of their contra-immaterial nodal matrix.


So yeah! If we get automata, I'll be delighted! If not, well...with plastic Mechanicum coming up, I'll just run the Castellax battle-automata as Helbrutes and a Thanatar as a Mutalith Vortex Beast! Counts-as shouldn't be a problem - they share same base sizes anyway! Plus it gives my Thousand Sons army more personality and flavor, clinging to the old automata route!



I'll probably do the same for my Adeptus Mechanicus force, having Legio Cybernetica automata emerge in the 41st millennium from long locked archeovaults, and the Magi of Draconis IV unleashing their battle robots on the Necrons and other enemies in 10th edition! Would make for a great storyline!

No comments:

Post a Comment