About My Blog

Ave Omnissiah!

Image result for adeptus mechanicus symbol

My blog is primarily my own personal fluff in the Warhammer 40,000 universe regarding the Draconis system such as the Knight House Yato in Ryusei, their Household Militia, the Draconian Defenders, and the Forge World of Draconis IV with its Adeptus Mechanicus priesthood, Cybernetica cohorts and Skitarii legions, and the Titan Legion, Legio Draconis, known as the Dark Dragons.

Featured Post

Retrospective: Imperial Knights

Today, we're going to a Retrospective on...Imperial Knights! I mean, this is primarily an Imperial Knight blog, so obviously if I'm ...

Sunday, April 21, 2019

Fully painted Imperial Knights!

I have finally finished painting my Imperial Knights! Both my Cerastus Knight Lancer, Dominus Knight Valiant and even my two Armiger Helverins have all been painted! YAY!


I haven't painted my Skitarii or Secutarii yet, though. My Kastelan Robots are half-painted, but it shouldn't take too much time to paint them up. I'll do my best next week! But it's really fun to see my Secutarii Hoplites running around the feet of my Cerastus Knight Lancer!



Thus House Yato is fully painted and ready to go! I really love my Imperial Knights, as you can tell, and I can't wait to field my fully painted Knights! I'm not sure how they will fare, and I'm currently thinking I should just go with House Griffith's Household Tradition over House Taranis's, because I can never roll those 6s I need, and I kind of like charging my Knights into melee anyway, especially since I have a Knight Gallant and a Knight Lancer. We'll see!

In other news, I'm starting on Adeptus Titanicus. I've decided that the mainstay of my Titan Legion, Legio Draconis or the Dark Dragons, will be Warlord Titans, and so I'll be fielding a Myrmidion Heavy Maniple. I will most likely be fielding a Warlord Titan with paired turbo laser destructors and two Sunfury plasma annihilators, a Warlord Titan with Apocalypse missile launchers and two Belicosa volcano cannons. and a Reaver Titan with warp missile support rack and two volcano cannons, because...well, I guess it's more advantage to take long-range Titans who can serve an artillery role thanks to the Myrmidion' Heavy Maniple's bonus allowing me to to pass the command check for First Fire on a 2+. That means firing one of my Titan's weapons twice (volcano cannons!) at the cost of not being able to move. Hell, yeah. Of course I'm going to make use of that.

And being a Knight guy, I'll be supporting them with a single banner of Cerastus Knight Lancers. In bigger games, I'll probably get a couple of Questoris Knight banners (or have 5 Knights in a single banner), but we'll see. It'll be great if we can get more Knight options, but I won't hold my breath. Having Stormspear rocket pods would be awesome, but even though they gave us that option, Games Workshop for some reason hasn't released any sprue or parts for Stormspear rocket pods. I don't understand why. In any case, I'm thinking of swapping one of the Belicosa volcano cannons for a Mori quake cannon so that I can fit 5 Knights and 2 Stormspear rocket pods into the banner. Or perhaps by then they will release the Acastus and Dominus Knights, and I'll be more than happy to spend the points on one of them.

Speaking of Mori quake cannons, Forge World has released the Mori quake cannon and macro gatling blaster, but it's already sold out in the United States. I don't know what happened, but that's fine. I'll be waiting for the other options such as carapace options (paired gatling blasters, vulcan mega-bolter, warp missile support rack, etc.) before I order anything from Forge World. This will be fun! You can check out Forge World's Mori quake cannon and macro gatling blaster in their respective links.

6 comments:

  1. Lord Adiatun VarunnApril 22, 2019 at 7:10 AM

    Beautiful Knights! I have always liked the pictorial scheme, perhaps because it is unusual and "different" from the usual ... the Imperial Guard, in a Japanese or Asian theme perhaps, to accompany them? I would also like to know how you called them by name ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah, I meant for it to be a Japanese theme, hence House Yato's High King is the Shogun, ruling on behalf of the Emperor on Terra, and the Barons are Daimyo.

      When you're asking for names, do you mean the names of the individual Knights, or the Houses? Or the planet? I named the planet Draconis III (and the forge world Draconis IV), as well as the sector they're located in the Draconis Coalition because, quite frankly, it was inspired by the Draconian Combine in Mechwarrior.

      Delete
    2. Lord Adiatun VarunnApril 22, 2019 at 1:59 PM

      I meant the name of the individual riders ... I'm sorry but I'm a fan of the background and I like to read what is imagined by other players�� when I read yours (the houses, the shogun, the system) I found it different from what I usually read and, therefore, interesting ... that's why I wondered if you had named each knight or if they had epithets taken from the Japanese epic

      Delete
    3. Yeah, that make sense. The pilot of the Knight Crusader is Tanaka Tomoyuki, the pilot of the Knight Errant is Suzuki Seishirou, the one who pilots the Knight Gallant is Takeda Takeshi, and the one who pilots the Knight Valiant is Satou Shinji. Now that I have a Knight Lancer, I'll assign Kanzaki Kenji to piloting him.

      The Shadowsword in the Imperial Guard regiment is being commanded by Colonel Ikeda Itsuki, who is the regimental commander of the Draconian Armored Defenders. I usually just come up with common Japanese names to name my Knights and Guardsmen, rather than take epithets from Japanese history. However, the Houses themselves were taken from the Sengoku period (barring House Yato, which was more of a reference to Yatogami) - I think you recognize the Takeda and Uesugi clans, as well as the fallen Oda and Tokugawa Houses who were conquered by House Yato. :)

      Delete
    4. Lord Adiatun VarunnApril 22, 2019 at 3:12 PM

      Thanks a lot for the answer

      Delete