About My Blog

Ave Omnissiah!

Image result for adeptus mechanicus symbol

My blog is primarily my own personal fluff in the Warhammer 40,000 universe regarding the Draconis system such as the Knight House Yato in Ryusei, their Household Militia, the Draconian Defenders, and the Forge World of Draconis IV with its Adeptus Mechanicus priesthood, Cybernetica cohorts and Skitarii legions, and the Titan Legion, Legio Draconis, known as the Dark Dragons.

Featured Post

Retrospective: Imperial Knights

Today, we're going to a Retrospective on...Imperial Knights! I mean, this is primarily an Imperial Knight blog, so obviously if I'm ...

Saturday, November 20, 2021

Renegade Open Major Tournament 2021

The first day for the Renegade Open Major tournament was held today! I had 3 games today, and like usual, I'll just run through the highlights. I can't remember much that happened and I'm exhausted anyway, so yeah.


The first game was Retrieval and I was up against Ultramarines. I think he had Roboute Guilliman, a Redemptor Dreadnought, 3 Suppressors, 2 Invictor Tactical Warsuits and 2 Relic Contemptor Dreadnoughts with volkite culverins (because...yeah). Probably a bunch of Infiltrators and Intercessors thrown in here and there for a Battalion, and...uh, yeah.


My list was Knights and Black Templars, so a Knight Castellan and 2 Armigers Moirax. You know the drill by now. The Black Templars was a Marshal in Terminator Armor, 5 Assault Terminators, 2 Contemptor Dreadnoughts (the regular ones with multimeltas and fists), and 3 squads of 3 Bladeguard Veterans.


There was a lot of shooting, and I think I destroyed an Invictor Tactical Warsuit and heavily wounded the 2 Contemptor Dreadnoughts while going first. Not an effective shooting turn, whoops. I lost like an Armiger or something, can't remember if I lost my Contemptor Dreadnoughts. In the end, the both of us almost wiped each other out, with me only having a Knight Castellan and Emperor's Champion left. Hilariously enough, after my Knight Castellan destroyed Guilliman in shooting, he came back to life on a 4+...only for my Emperor's Champion to charge into him and kill him in combat. On the other side of the table, my opponent had like 5 Intercessors or so left, plus Servitors. I killed everything else, so yay. But I also lost everything else except my Knight Castellan and Emperor's Champion. I lost the game on objectives, scoring 73 to 85, and it was a close game. Pretty fun, and even though I lost, I was pretty happy that the Emperor's Champion triumphed over Guilliman in close combat. That was hilarious. Oh, I think the Emperor's Champion also killed a Callidus Assassin in combat too. Whoops! Ha ha ha.


The second game was Priority Target, and my opponent was Adeptus Mechanicus - a Veteran Skitarii Cohort from Mars, in fact. He had like 2 Skitarii Marshals, a Tech-priest Manipulus, 20 Skitarii Rangers, 2 squads of 10 Vanguard, 2 squadrons of 2 Ironstriders Ballistarii with autocannons, 2 Stratoraptors, 5 Sicarian Infiltrators, 10 Sicarian Ruststalkers, 2 Onager Dunecrawlers with neutron lasers and that's about it...I think.


It was another close game, with the Stratoraptors, Ironstriders Ballistarii and Onager Dunecrawlers killing all of my Armiger Knights Moirax and Contemptor Dreadnoughts. On the other hand, the Ruststalkers and shooting from the Rangers killed 2 squads of Bladeguard Veterans and the Emperor's Champion, who fell to the Ruststalkers. Ouch. Only one Bladeguard Veteran Sergeant out of the 9 survived, but he managed to hold an objective despite being charged by Skitarii Vanguard. My Knight Castellan managed to slowly kill everything, and my Assault Terminators survived. By the end of the game, my opponent only had 2 Skitarii Marshals and the Tech-priest Manipulus left, along with several Skitarii Vanguard who were holding the backfield. On the other hand, I still had my Knight Castellan, Bladeguard Veteran Sergeant, Marshal in Terminator Armor an Assault Terminators, which allowed me to hold more objectives. It was another tight, close back and forth game, but somehow I managed to squeak out a win 79 to 70. Phew. Finally one victory! Yay!


The third game (and last for today) was Vital Intelligence, and I was up against Grey Knights. 5 Dreadknights - 2 Grand Masters in Dreadknight and 3 normal Dreadknights, along with 5 GK in Strike Squad and 30 Interceptors, and 2 Techmarines. No, I'm not kidding. He really had 30 Interceptors.


Not going to say much about this game other than I was utterly destroyed. The Grey Knights had free reign all over the table and wrecked my Knights so hard it wasn't funny. The Contemptor Dreadnoughts and Knights were all destroyed by turn 4, with the Knight Castellan getting heavily damaged by a Grand Master in Dreadknight while the Interceptors killed him. My shooting wasn't very effective - though my Emperor's Champion did kill the other Grand Master in Dreadknight with his rerolls against Characters, heh. And that guy had a 3++ invulnerable save too. On the other hand, it took shooting from my surviving Armiger Moirax to kill the other Grand Master, and he died soon after. I managed to destroy 4 out of 5 Dreadknights, but it wasn't enough.


The Bladeguard Veterans, on the other hand, were hilariously tough as nails. They weathered storm bolter shooting with their 2+ armor save (thanks to storm shields) and survived round after round of combat with the Interceptors' force weapons. One squad of 3 survived and killed one squad of Interceptors before the Sergeant was finally taken out by a second Interceptor squad. And they survived a ton of mortal wounds from Smite too! Hah! Another Bladeguard Veteran survived and managed to hold onto my objective before raising a banner for the second time. The Assault Terminators survived and killed a Techmarine after the Marshal in Terminator Armor failed to do a single thing (ugh), rolling 2 1s for his hits, and then rolling 2 1s for wounds. I don't know what to say. In any event, yeah...that sucked like hell. Despite doing my best to raise banners here and there, I wasn't able to get any points.

In the end I lost the game 35 to 92. That was...rough. Well...I guess we live and learn.

I'm not sure what to do, but I guess I would have benefited by playing pure Knights or pure Black Templars. There were times when I could really have used the Armiger's Objective Secured during Vital Intelligence to claim an objective, but...yeah. And I think having one of the other stuff like Abhor the Witch would have helped me greatly against the Grey Knights (looking at you, Marshal in Terminator Armor, though my Bladeguard Veterans could have used the re-rolls too). Next time...yeah. Next time.

Anyway, I have another 3 rounds to go tomorrow, and though I doubt I'll win any of them (maybe I'll win just 1 more game and lose the other 2, considering my pitiful skill level), I'll continue to do my best. But seriously, soup is penalized so much and it's probably much better to go pure Knights or pure Black Templars. I enjoy the playstyles of both, but yeah. Oh, well. We'll see. Until then!

No comments:

Post a Comment