About My Blog

Ave Omnissiah!

Image result for adeptus mechanicus symbol

My blog is primarily my own personal fluff in the Warhammer 40,000 universe regarding the Draconis system such as the Knight House Yato in Ryusei, their Household Militia, the Draconian Defenders, and the Forge World of Draconis IV with its Adeptus Mechanicus priesthood, Cybernetica cohorts and Skitarii legions, and the Titan Legion, Legio Draconis, known as the Dark Dragons.

Featured Post

Retrospective: Imperial Knights

Today, we're going to a Retrospective on...Imperial Knights! I mean, this is primarily an Imperial Knight blog, so obviously if I'm ...

Wednesday, November 10, 2021

Knights holding objectives!


Yay! We got a few improvements for my Knights and Leman Russ tanks! I'm probably late because Warhammer Community released this news yesterday, so I won't go through everything. Just the ones that affect me.


YES! Knights now count as 5 models or 10 models if they are Titanic when contesting Objectives! And if I run an all Knight army, Armigers have Objective Secured! Amazing! Thank you very much! This will help me a lot in future. My Knights have suffered a lot because they can't hold objectives, but now they can! Yay!

Also, Leman Russ tanks now have a 2+ armor save! I wish Baneblades and their variants get the same thing. It's kind of amusing that my Stormblade has a worse armor save than my Leman Russ Executioner tanks, but I suspect we will get the update when the codex is released, so I'm not too worried. Also, apparently tank orders can be given to all tanks or Astra Militarum vehicles now, not just Leman Russ tanks. Interesting. So Chimeras can move flat out or Basilisks can re-roll ones on a Tank order, or Armored Sentinels an do that too. Very interesting. Also, it appears that all infantry orders that are not regimental (and a couple of exceptions) can be applied to any infantry squad within 6" of the officer - so you can order maybe 2-3 squads to first rank, fire! second rank, fire! with a single order from an officer (company commander). Cool?

As for Adeptus Mechanicus, they got hefty price increases, which is deserved. Oh, well. I was already experimenting with Black Templars anyway, so it's not like I'll be upset wth it. Not gonna lie, Adeptus Mechanicus was out of hand. Even though I play Ryza and I don't do the usual stuff, I can see why people don't like playing against them.

The aircraft rule was weird, but okay. I only have 2 Archaeopter Stratoraptors, 2 Heldrakes for my Thousand Sons, and a single Vendetta gunship for my Imperial Guard, so it doesn't affect me much. I'm actually surprised people spammed a lot of them. Well, they are good, I guess, but...I just prefer having more boots on the ground and using aircraft as support, not the meat of my army. Hmm. We'll see.

Anyway, I can't wait to try out my Knights!

No comments:

Post a Comment