About My Blog

Ave Omnissiah!

Image result for adeptus mechanicus symbol

My blog is primarily my own personal fluff in the Warhammer 40,000 universe regarding the Draconis system such as the Knight House Yato in Ryusei, their Household Militia, the Draconian Defenders, and the Forge World of Draconis IV with its Adeptus Mechanicus priesthood, Cybernetica cohorts and Skitarii legions, and the Titan Legion, Legio Draconis, known as the Dark Dragons.

Featured Post

Retrospective: Imperial Knights

Today, we're going to a Retrospective on...Imperial Knights! I mean, this is primarily an Imperial Knight blog, so obviously if I'm ...

Thursday, November 4, 2021

Completed Black Templars

I finished painting my Black Templars! Bought Corax White today, based them, added Valhallan Blizzard (or snow) to their bases, glued on some grass, and voila! My Black Templars are now Battle Ready!


This is pretty much the miniatures from the Black Templars Army Set plus the Contemptor Dreadnought. You know the deal. A Marshal, an Emperor's Champion, the Primaris Crusader squad and the Redemptor Dreadnought. That was quicker than I thought.


Like I said, I put a lot of snow on them. I'm kind of acquainted with Frozen North, and I currently live in Minneapolis, so I thought it would be very appropriate to paint them all with snow bases. I know my Knights and Thousand Sons already have snow bases, but hey, that's what I like, so...yeah.


I am tempted to say that this is my full Black Templars army, but...it's not. I still have an Impulsor, a Repulsor Executioner and a Primaris Techmarine that I didn't include in the picture. They just wouldn't fit on the table, ha ha. Maybe next time. After all, I've ordered a second Repulsor Executioner. I also plan to grab a couple of Assault Intercessors and hopefully a box of the new Sword Brethren once they release them.

The idea is that I'm using them for Crusade, so eventually the Primaris Neophytes will become Assault Intercessors (I'll be using 3 from the Primaris Crusader squad - the ones without the pyreblasters), and the Initiates will ascend to Sword Brethren. Eventually, of course. But yeah, it'll be really thematic. We'll see how it goes, but I'm looking forward to it!


Eventually I'll have enough Black Templars for an Onslaught game. That's what the Repulsor Executioners are for. Just waiting for the multimeltas to be released as well so that I can equip my tanks with multimeltas! Looking forward to it. Anyway, we'll see! Till then!

No comments:

Post a Comment