About My Blog

Ave Omnissiah!

Image result for adeptus mechanicus symbol

My blog is primarily my own personal fluff in the Warhammer 40,000 universe regarding the Draconis system such as the Knight House Yato in Ryusei, their Household Militia, the Draconian Defenders, and the Forge World of Draconis IV with its Adeptus Mechanicus priesthood, Cybernetica cohorts and Skitarii legions, and the Titan Legion, Legio Draconis, known as the Dark Dragons.

Featured Post

Retrospective: Imperial Knights

Today, we're going to a Retrospective on...Imperial Knights! I mean, this is primarily an Imperial Knight blog, so obviously if I'm ...

Tuesday, November 2, 2021

Black Templars in progress

As you probably know, I got the Black Templars Army Set a couple of weeks ago, and I already assembled the models in the box - the Marshal, the Emperor's Champion, the Primaris Crusader squad and the Redemptor Dreadnought. Plus another Contemptor Dreadnought (the plastic one). There might be 4 Dreadnoughts, but 2 of them have been assembled and painted long ago. I just brought them out for reference, to ensure my color scheme matches.


But I procrastinated with painting until I decided to get it all done this week. It's still a work in progress, but I'm basically done. All that's left is the base. I realize I don't have Corvus White, so I'll have to pick it up from Dreamers Vault when I go there on Thursday (also to buy the latest issue of Aliens, the Marvel comic). Once I get Corvus White, I can paint the bases, add Valhallan Blizzard and grass, and they will be complete. I'll also touch up on their shoulder pads and add Templar Crosses by hand. Apocethary White isn't very good...but Corvus White is awful. Somehow it dries up very quickly and the bottle becomes useless. Ugh.


A mishap happened while I was painting - I discovered that I forgot to glue the shoulder pads or pauldrons on for the Neophytes! Argh! When that happened, I had to cut the pauldrons out from the sprue, spray paint them in my room, and then glue them on. Sigh. Oh, well.

At least my Black Templars are 90% done! All that's left are the basing and the touch up on the shoulder pads or pauldrons, and then they will be battle ready! Just in time for Renegade Open too, but I doubt that I'll be using these guys. Well, I'll be using my Contemptor Dreadnought at least, since I plan to ally my Black Templars with Knights. On the other hand, I'll use my Black Templars for Crusade and see how it goes. I only have one last Repulsor Executioner left, and then I pretty much have a complete Black Templars army (for Onslaught games, I mean - especially toward the end of Crusade). We'll see! Till then!

No comments:

Post a Comment