About My Blog

Ave Omnissiah!

Image result for adeptus mechanicus symbol

My blog is primarily my own personal fluff in the Warhammer 40,000 universe regarding the Draconis system such as the Knight House Yato in Ryusei, their Household Militia, the Draconian Defenders, and the Forge World of Draconis IV with its Adeptus Mechanicus priesthood, Cybernetica cohorts and Skitarii legions, and the Titan Legion, Legio Draconis, known as the Dark Dragons.

Featured Post

Retrospective: Imperial Knights

Today, we're going to a Retrospective on...Imperial Knights! I mean, this is primarily an Imperial Knight blog, so obviously if I'm ...

Friday, November 19, 2021

Renegade 2021 Team Tournament and Knight Joust

The Renegade Open has begun! 2021 Renegade! YAY! I registered for the Team Tournament, Knight Joust and the GT, so we began the team tournament today. I'm exhausted and I need to wake up early for the team tournament tomorrow, so I won't write too much in detail, just the highlights and stuff. Besides, I don't think many people actually read my blog, and even if they do, they don't want to read a super-long post describing all three team matches in a super elaborate manner, and a Knight Joust on top of that.

So I'll just roughly explain my teammate's list. This being a team doubles tournament, I found a friend to team up with me for today's event. He brought Death Guard, using the Terminus Est Strike Force from Warzone Charadon, and I think it looked something like this:

Lord of Contagion

Tallyman

Foul Blightspawn

2 x 5 Blightlord Terminators

20 Poxwalkers

20 Poxwalkers

3 Possessed

1 Possessed

Yeah, I think that was all he had. 1,000 points, Terminus Est, no vehicles allowed. As for me, I brought Imperial Knights - you probably know the drill by now if you've been following my blog. Questor Mechanicus, Glorified History and Blessed Arms. Even better, because I'm bringing nothing but Knights, my Armigers gain Objective Secured. That's just awesome. I brought a single Knight Castellan with Cold Eradication and Cawl's Wrath, and 2 Armiger Moiraxes with dual graviton pulsars. How would they work out? I guess we'll find out!

The first game was Surround and Destroy, I believe. We are Team T and T (because both my teammate and I have first names starting with T, so...I randomly came up with that). We were matched up against Customarines, which was two guys bringing Adeptus Custodes and Ravenwing. The Adeptus Custodes had 2 Gladius Dreadnoughts, 3x3 Custodian Guards and a Shield Captain on Jetbike. Can't remember if he had anything else, but yeah. Ravenwing brought a lot of Land Speeders - I think about 7? That's in addition to a ton of bikers and a Chaplain on a bike.

The first turn didn't go so well for my team because my Knights didn't do much with their shooting, maybe wounding the Gladius Dreadnoughts. And then my Armiger tanked a ton of shooting from the Land Speeders' multimeltas because of Rotate Ion Shields. My teammate and I proceeded to kill a ton of stuff, destroying almost all the jetbikes between the Knight Castellan's shots, the Armigers' shots, the Knight Castellan's Titanic Feet and the Blightlord Terminators. I also destroyed both Gladius Dreadnoughts with shooting in the second turn, which was just awesome. From there, the Ravenwing and Custodes struggled, with the 2 squads of Custodian guards running away to hide from my Knight Castellan (ha ha!). The two Armigers died to multimelta shots from the surviving Land Speeders before the Death Guard and Knight Castellan wiped them out - apparently, I used up all my luck making the saves for the first Armiger Moirax in the first turn. One Armiger Moirax did kill a squad of 3 Custodian Guards before he died, though, so yay? The Shield Captain on jetbike fell to the Terminators, and the Chaplain on bike died to the Biologus Putrifier's overwatch and attacks (making a roll of 2 for an armor save when he only had 1 wound remaining). That was...bad. By the 5th turn, the two squads of Custodian Guards were running around staying on the objectives and hiding behind obscuring cover so that my Knight Castellan wouldn't shoot at them. Everything else, including the bikers and land speeders, died.

The game ended 83-65 in my team's favor. Wow, that was really close! Even though we managed to win, the Custodes and Ravenwing grabbed a lot of points from holding objectives, the two squads not dying and a ton of other stuff.

The second game was Overrun. This time we were pitted against two ladies from Lore Unfriendly, fielding T'au (Farsight Enclaves) and Black Templars. I learned a lot from the Black Templars player, hopefully I can put those lessons in practice tomorrow and Sunday. I think the T'au player had a Riptide, a Forge World battlesuit (the one with the plasma flamer), a Cold Star Commander, Farsight, and 5 Fire Warriors. The Black Templars consisted of a Chaplain on bike, an Emperor's Champion, 8 Assault Terminators, 5 Bladeguard Veterans, 5 Intercessors and I think that's about it, actually. No Dreadnoughts, at least I don't think there were any.

They started first and began slowly wearing down my Knight Castellan with the Riptide's shots. But then, as the game went on and they realized they couldn't kill him, they switched to shooting the Armigers instead - by the end of the game, I lost one Armiger Moirax while the other had like 4 wounds. On the other hand, my Armiger Moirax killed the Coldstar Commander...by overwatch, rolling 3 6s (well, 2 6s, and a 3rd 6 with the Glorified History re-roll). The Coldstar Commander failed his saves and took 9 damage. Farsight suffered a similar fate, failing his invulnerable saves against the same Armiger Moirax and taking 9 damage as well. The Death Guard finished off the Fire Warriors I failed to kill, and it took my Knight Castellan 5 turns to destroy both the Riptide and the Forge World battlesuit whose exotic name I can't remember and can't spell. On the other hand, the Death Guard did well in wiping out almost all the Black Templars, slaying the Bladeguard Veterans with Poxwalkers (sheer weight of numbers), Primaris Chaplain on bike (Chaos Spawn and Biologus Putrifier, I think), and the Emperor's Champion, but I got rid of the Intercessors. Other than that, the Assault Terminators survived, giving them 5 points for To The Last.

It was quite a back and forth game, but because of a few rolls here and there, the Farsight Enclaves weren't able to do enough damage and my Knights were able to grab objectives and wipe them out while leaving the Black Templars to the Death Guard. Eventually we won the game 91-53.

The final game was Scorched Earth, and we were up against Sanctuary 101, which consisted of Adepta Sororitas and Necrons. I can't remember what they had, but it was a very back and forth game that saw my poor Knight Castellan murdered by the Retributors. He blew up on double 6s and killed an entire squad of Battle Sisters by dealing 6 mortal wounds to them (as well as killing the Retributor who killed him). My Armiger Moirax Knights survived and were able to grab objectives, earning us some points for Stranglehold. The Death Guard was almost wiped out, with the Sacrascents wiping out a unit of Poxwalkers, the Dominions killing the Chaos Spawn (I think?) and Morven Vahl and the Sacrascents killing the Blightlord Terminators and Lord of Contagion. Fortunately, the Blightlord Terminators killed the Zerriphym, I think, while I took out a Lokhust Destroyer, a bunch of Scarabs (which were then finished off by Poxwalkers), Wraiths, a Chronomancer and a bunch of other stuff.

There was a point in time when one Armiger Moirax Knight rolled 5 hits on the Sacrascents - and despite needing only 2+s to wound, I ended rolling 5 1s. Yeah. 5 1s. What on Holy Terra. In any event, I killed the Chronomancer's two chrono necron guards that looked like Flayed Ones but were not Flayed Ones and had my Armiger claim a 4th objective to get 15 for primary and that precious 3 points for Stranglehold on the very last turn. Phew.

Funnily enough, the Knights and Death Guard literally held one half of the table (with my Armiger Moirax Knight being the only unit in the other half) while Morven Vahl, Sacrascents and 20 Warriors (or less, given how they lost a few over the game) and the Necron Overlord held the other half. The Warriors actually teleported across to the other end of the table to deal with the Poxwalkers that my teammate resurrected and walked from one edge of the table. That was hilarious, but totally worth it. In any event, we managed to squeak out a win, just barely. Phew. The score was 82 to 75. Wow. I so did not expect that. That was so close!

In the end, my team got 2nd place in the team tournament and were unbeaten (we didn't win any prizes, though), but 1st place went to Orks, team SkillRig utterly dominating the competition. Hey, that's totally fine. Both my teammate and I were immensely relieved that we weren't matched up against Orks. That would have been brutal. As much as I like my Knights, I suspect they would have gotten shot off the table by the damned Orks and their buggies. Ugh. That was...scary. Yeah, Team Skillrig with Orks won with 283 points while T and T took 2nd place with 256 points despite also winning all 3 of our games. To be fair, we only won all 3 games because we avoided being matched against Orks, so no complaints. I would rather have 2nd place than try to fight for 1st place with the Orks, heh. We got really, really lucky. Phew.

Oh, and the Knight Joust. It was fun. I fielded my Cerastus Knight Lancer, traded blows with a Cerastus Knight Atrapos, and then got blown up by mortal wounds and died. Honestly, I don't know what was happening, but everyone was having fun and I was enjoying myself, so that's all that matters. Unfortunately, partly because I am pretty exhausted and half asleep by then, I had no idea what was going on and so I don't know what to write...other than, yeah, dueling with a Knight Atrapos and dealing 8 wounds to it while taking 18 wounds in return. Ouch.

I did take a lot of pictures of the amazing Knights here and there. Probably missed a few as the players came slightly late (not their fault - we were all told the event starts at 8pm, but for some reason everyone began at 7pm...I was still eating dinner when that happened, whoops). But this is pretty much it.

That's all for an eventful first day for Renegade 2021! I'll be heading to bed early after such an exhausting day, and because I need to get up fairly early tomorrow to make it in time for check in. I don't know how I'll fare for the GT tomorrow, but I suspect I've used up all my luck for the Team Tournament today. That's perfectly fine. I'm not expecting anything - just gonna go roll some dice and have some fun before getting my ass kicked. Heh. For the Emperor.

No comments:

Post a Comment