About My Blog

Ave Omnissiah!

Image result for adeptus mechanicus symbol

My blog is primarily my own personal fluff in the Warhammer 40,000 universe regarding the Draconis system such as the Knight House Yato in Ryusei, their Household Militia, the Draconian Defenders, and the Forge World of Draconis IV with its Adeptus Mechanicus priesthood, Cybernetica cohorts and Skitarii legions, and the Titan Legion, Legio Draconis, known as the Dark Dragons.

Featured Post

Retrospective: Imperial Knights

Today, we're going to a Retrospective on...Imperial Knights! I mean, this is primarily an Imperial Knight blog, so obviously if I'm ...

Friday, November 12, 2021

Black Templars versus Adepta Sororitas and Drukhari

I managed to have two games today! I'll try to do a quick write-up of both games because it's been a long day and I don't think you guys want to read through a super long post anyway. Anyway, the first game was against Adepta Sororitas. Black Templars versus Sisters of Battle? Nah, it's just a practice match. Drills. Whatever. Anyway, the Adepta Sororitas looked something like this:

Adepta Sororitas Battalion (Bloody Rose)
Palatine
Celestine
Morven Vahl (however you spell her name)
Dogmata
Sister Repentia Superior
2 squads of 9 Sisters Repentia (I think? Seemed like there was one squad that split into 5 and 4)
5 Zerriphym (however you spell them - the flying Sisters with power swords)
2 squads of 5 Sacrascents
3 squads of Sisters of Battle (5, 5, 10?)
Rhino
5 Dominions

Adepta Sororitas Patrol (Argent Shroud)
Canoness
5 Sisters
5 Seraphim
5 Dominions
5 Retributors
Rhino


Something like that, I think. I can't really remember, and I might get a lot wrong because I couldn't tell who were in which order except that the Retributors and 5 of the Dominions were definitely Argent Shroud, along with the Canoness. Anyway, I fielded my usual Black Templars list.

Black Templars Battalion
Primaris Marshal, Master in arms
Primaris Techmarine
Emperor's Champion
10 Primaris Crusaders
2 squads of 5 Assault Intercessors
2 Redemptor Dreadnoughts with plasma
4 Bladeguard Veterans
5 Bladeguard Veterans

Black Templars Vanguard
Marshal in Terminator Armor, Frontline Commander
5 Assault Terminators
2 Contemptor Dreadnoughts with multimeltas


The mission was Scorched Earth and I went second. I don't think much happened during the first battle round other than the Contemptor Dreadnought maybe taking a wound or two from Morven Vahl's missiles or heavy bolter because my opponent kept most of her girls back and the Retributors in the Rhino, strangely enough. I guess she wanted me to come to her, so yeah. Uneventful turn. She took Stranglehold, Assassinate and Banners (I think?). She put down two banners aand that's about it, I think. I took Banners, Bathe in the Blood of the Enemy and Oath of Moments - mostly because I was amused by Bathe in the Blood of the Enemy and I wanted to do something fluffy and thematic. Anyway, I had my Contemptor Dreadnoughts move up and failed to destroy one Rhino with the multimeltas. Fortunately, I charged it and destroyed it in combat, while my other guys moved up. I think I killed a squad of Sisters with my Redemptor Dreadnoughts, but that was about it. But I was able to deny my opponent Stranglehold because she had 2 objectives to my 4. Oh, I charged another squad of Sisters and killed them too. Nice.

In the second turn, I think she finally had her Retributors jump out and destroy one of my Contemptor Dreadnoughts. I lost 4 Assault Intercessors to her Zerriphym's power swords, but somehow I managed to pass morale for him. I can't remember whether I spent 2 command points on Insane Bravery, maybe I did. Her Sisters Repentia moved up and tried to charge my Primaris Crusaders, but the pyreblasters killed like 3 of them, leaving just 2. I think a few of them died when their Rhino was destroyed, so yeah. The Dominions also killed a bunch of Primaris Crusaders with their artificer storm bolters, but I managed to have about 2 to 3 survive, and I passed morale too. But they failed to kill anybody in combat, so whoops? Um, I think the Sacrascents and Sisters Repentia also tried to charge my Redemptor Dreadnoughts and I somehow managed to make 3 invulnerable saves by rolling 3 6s, keeping him alive. Heh. I did not expect that. I think they killed the Primaris Techmarine, though, so they get Assassinate. Oh, well. On the other hand, the Seraphims didn't do anything despite shooting their bolt pistols into my Assault Intercessors.


I basically wiped out the Sisters Repentia and Sacrascents with my Dreadnought, did like 5 damage to the remaining Rhino with the multimelta and charged it, finally destroying it. Funnily enough, it blew up and did a bunch of mortal wounds to the Contemptor Dreadnought, a few Sisters Repentia, the Saracscents, the Retributors, the Dominions, etc. The Primaris Crusaders killed the 2 Sisters Repentia with the pyre pistol (it's a pistol, so he can shoot it in combat), then charged the Retributors, killing only one of them. Yikes. They still had 3 Retributors left. Oh, well. My Terminators showed up, killed all but one Sister in the ten Sisters squad, and then the Redemptor Dreadnoughts wiped out the Sacrascents, while the Marshal killed the Sisters Repentia. Wow. Meanwhile the Assault Intercessors and one Bladeguard Veteran squad wiped out the Seraphims with just their heavy bolt pistols and neo volkite piistol, while the other Bladeguard Veterans charged into the Zeriphym and utterly annihilated them with their power swords. Heh. The Emperor's Champion didn't have to fight.


In the third turn, the last Sister Repentia squad and the Repentia Superior charged the Marshal in Terminator armor and killed him in combat, the 3 surviving Retributors destroyed the Contemptor Dreadnought, and I think the Dominions fell back, allowing the Sacrascents to kill the two Primaris Crusaders in combat, erasing the squad from the table. Celestine finally deigned to deep strike, attacking my Emperor's Champion - only to whiff all of her attacks. He then retaliated, killing the Gemini Superior and leaving Celestine with 2 wounds. Meanwhile, my Terminators killed the last Sister of Battle in combat, giving me the objective. Heh. They also killed the Dogmata who was foolish enough to charge them, so I don't know what to say other than...well, yeah. Meanwhile, the Canoness and Palatine had charged the Redemptor Dreadnoughts for some reason...and the both of them died.


At this point, my opponent called the game and conceded. I was ahead of her in primary objectives - constantly holding 3 or 4 while she only held 2, and I still had a lot left - 2 squads of Bladeguard Veterans, a full Assault Intercessor squad (maybe 1 died at most, or I just had one wound), a Sergeant, an Emperor's Champion, the Primaris Marshal, the two Redemptor Dreadnoughts and 5 Assault Terminators. On the other hand, she had Morven Vahl, 3 Retributors, maybe 2 or so Dominions, I think 3 or 4 Sacrascents, and the Sisters Repentia and Repentia Superior. I haven't even played the 3rd turn yet, but I would probably wipe out the Sisters Repentia with my Assault Terminators, continue to deny her Stranglehold, perhaps kill the Dominions and Retributors and Sacrascents with my Redemptor Dreadnoughts and maybe pistol shots from the Assault Intercessors and Bladeguard Veterans. My Emperor's Champion would probably just kill Celestine, and yeah. That said, Celestine would simply get up on a 2+ and teleport somewhere else, beyond the reach of any of my models, and deny me Bathe in the Blood of the Enemy. She wasn't going to kill my Emperor's Champion and Primaris Marshal because they were too far away Morven Vahl, and she would have probably nothing but Characters by the end of the third battle round and nothing to hold objectives. Meanwhile I was surging ahead on primary objectives, I was scoring Oath of Moments by killing vehicles (and characters) every round and keeping someone near the middle, and I had 4 points from banners (she had 4 too, but I just took down 1 banner because of my Assault Terminators, which meant she would only have 1 from hereon out). That was pretty brutal, and I guess I understand why she surrendered. Still a very fun game, though! Would love to see the Emperor's Champion duke it out with Celestine (my opponent picked her to accept the challenge from Bathe in the Blood of the Enemy), but alas, I had a second game coming, so...yeah.

The second game was against Drukhari. Again, I'm not very sure what's going on, but I think it was either a Patrol or Battalion detachment. The list looked something like this:

Drukhari Battalion
Drazhar
Succubus
Archon
10 Kabalite Warriors
10 Kabalite Warriors
10 Kabalite Warriors
10 Wyches
10 Wyches
Beastmaster
2 x 5 Incubi
5 Mandrakes
5 Scourges
5 or 6 Raiders
Ravager

I think that's about it, but I could be mistaken. Anyway, I think he ran them as Cabal of the Black Heart? Not sure what they do, I don't play against Drukhari that often. Anyway, our mission this time was Surround and Destroy. We rolled off, and somehow I got first.


Didn't do much, maybe brought a single Raider down to 2 wounds, and that's about it. Welp. Then his Raiders started moving around and killed one Contemptor Dreadnought with their dark lances. I think another plus the Kabalite Warriors killed 2 Assault Intercessors, but that's about it. Then in the second turn, I finally destroyed one Raider, and he lost 5 Wyches in the destroyed Raider. Yikes. Our units began swarming the table, with my surviving Contemptor Dreadnought charging another Raider and destroying it in combat, allowing the Kabalite Warriors to drop out. Between the Bladeguard Veterans and Redemptor Dreadnoughts, I wiped out the Scourges and maybe injured a Raider here and there. The Marshal in Terminator Armor along with Bladeguard Veterans wounded a Raider down to 2 wounds, and unfortunately my Assault Terminators did not make the charge. Oh, well. Anyway, the retaliation was fierce, with the Wyches all disembarking and charging my Primaris Crusaders, wiping them out in combat. My Emperor's Champion Heroically Intervened and killed like 2 or 3 of them, but that was pretty...futile. Yikes. Meanwhile the Incubi jumped out of the Raiders, along with Drazhar, and they killed my Marshal in Terminator Armor. Fortunately, I had Counteroffensive, which allowed my Bladeguard Veterans to slay Drazhar in combat before he could swing. Heh. That didn't save my Marshal in Terminator armor, thoough. He used Agents of Vect to increase the cost of Counteroffensive to 3 points in subsequent turns (or that's what he told me, anyway). So yeah. That was...brutal.

The game descended into some crazy melee, with my Assault Intercessors and Primaris Marshal killing the Mandrakes who dropped onto their place. One Redemptor Dreadnought killed the Sucubus with shooting, the other injured destroyed a Ravager and then charged into the Wyches, killing them alongside the Emperor's Champion. Yes! The other Redemptor Dreadnought failed his charge and didn't get into the Wyches - the Primaris Techmarine did, though, and was promptly slain by the Wyches. Whoops. The Bladeguard Veterans killed 3 Incubi, leaving just two, and then lost one guy to the returning melee, and my Assault Terminators promptly wrecked the Reavers, leaving just one...who ran away because of morale. The full Bladeguard Veteran squad wiped out the 10 Kabalite Warrior squad. What else, oh, yeah...the Assault Intercessors shot at the disembarked Kabalite Warriors, but that's about it.

I lost like 2 Bladeguard Veterans to the surviving Incubi and the Wyches after killing like none of them, and then the Archon and other Incubi charged and killed my Assault Terminators. Yikes. The Raiders continued taking potshots at the Redemptor Dreadnoughts, taking wounds off them here and there. The Kabalite Warriors killed the Assault Intercessor, leaving just the Sergeant, who somehow survived against all odds with one wound. Heh. Not that it would help me with the objective because Kabalite Warriors also have Objective Secured. During the fourth turn, I finally killed the two Incubi with the surviving Bladeguard Veterans, and then wiped out the Wyches with the Redemptor Dreadnought. The other Redemptor Dreadnought destroyed a Raider in combat, allowing the Kabalite Warriors within to pour out. Not that it would help me much. Then my opponent had his 5 Incubi charge and kill the 1 or 2 Bladeguard Veterans, taking the objective, the Assault Intercessor Sergeant fell under the weight of Kabalite attacks, and the other two Raiders continued taking potshots at my Redemptor Dreadnoughts while one charged my Emperor's Champion, only to eat 6 wounds in return. Oh, well? Oh, the Kabalite Warriors just put banners after killing the Intercessor Sergeant.


During the final turn, I did what I could, having my Redemptor Dreadnought destroy a Raider and kill a bunch of Kabalite Warriors, along with the Bladeguard Veterans, who wiped them out in melee before the Redemptor Dreadnought could swing. The second Redemptor Dreadnought then attacked the Incubi, but failed to kill them, leaving just two of them (I think). Meanwhile the Primaris Marshal shot the Beastmaster to death with his auto-flamer, and then he charged and destroyed the wounded Raider with his master-crafted power sword. The Emperor's Champion didn't have to fight. Oh, well.

The Kabalite Warriors and last Raider shot the Redemptor Dreadnought and took him down to 5 or so wounds. The Incubi then charged him and destroyed him with their blades before he could do anything. And that was the end of the game!

It was a close game, and I somehow won 84-65. Most of it came down to me denying him primary objectives and banners, but he also did the same to me, so we scored like 40 and 35 for our primary objectives respectively. Both of us had literally 1 banner each by the end of the game, heh. I feel like he wasn't very familiar with his army (well, neither was I), so he probably could have scored more or played better. Well, we all live and learn, I guess. So yeah. My Black Templars got lucky and won 2 more games today!

Maybe I should just run pure Black Templars at Renegade next week...

No comments:

Post a Comment