About My Blog

Ave Omnissiah!

Image result for adeptus mechanicus symbol

My blog is primarily my own personal fluff in the Warhammer 40,000 universe regarding the Draconis system such as the Knight House Yato in Ryusei, their Household Militia, the Draconian Defenders, and the Forge World of Draconis IV with its Adeptus Mechanicus priesthood, Cybernetica cohorts and Skitarii legions, and the Titan Legion, Legio Draconis, known as the Dark Dragons.

Featured Post

Retrospective: Imperial Knights

Today, we're going to a Retrospective on...Imperial Knights! I mean, this is primarily an Imperial Knight blog, so obviously if I'm ...

Sunday, February 14, 2021

Weird Dream

 I had a weird dream on Friday. For some reason, I was dreaming that I was in the Warhammer 40,000 universe. Yeah, I've been reading way too many Black Library novels lately. Actually, aside from a few military sci-fi books by Ian Douglas (Star Carrier), Jay Allan (Blood on the Stars series) and Starfist, I've been reading mostly Warhammer 40,000 novels and short stories. But anyway...

I dreamed that I was a guardsman. An Imperial guardsman, with a lasgun. For some reason, my platoon was dispatched to investigate a noble's manor atop one of the spires in a hive city. So I followed my squad in a Vendetta gunship, which landed on a platform on the spire, and followed the rest of my platoon into the manor. The hive nobles, for some reason, had all fallen into Chaos and decadence, indulging in all sort of excess. We arrived in the aftermath of a party or banquet that had taken place in a huge hall, where all the tables of food were still there. Unfortunately, we were too late - the place was infested by Slaanesh daemons. I literally saw daemonettes and hedonites bursting out of the bodies of corrupted nobles, the daemons all lunging out to attack my fellow guardsmen. That wasn't the worst thing. One of the nobles - the owner of the manor, I believe, had a Keeper of Secrets birth from his body, the greater daemon tearing its way out of his corpse and manifesting in the material universe.

I fired my lasgun at the Keeper of Secrets, but obviously didn't do much damage to it. Realizing that my shots were futile, for some reason I switched targets and shot the daemonettes around me. My lasgun had more success and I actually killed quite a few daemonettes. However, the Keeper of Secrets was still around and it tore through my platoon, killing everybody. With my commander killed, I could only run, especially since more daemons were showing up. This time, they were seekers, mounted cavalry that laughed in delight as they chased after me.

But they died to my lasgun. I don't know why my lasgun was so powerful. For some reason, my lasrifle did f all against the Keeper of Secrets, but was killing legions of daemonettes and seekers. Okay...I guess my faith in the Emperor held me through. But with the Keeper of Secrets bearing down on me, I was forced to retreat. Along the way, I ran into fleeing nobles who somehow survived the massacre, but I ignored them.

Somehow I managed to return to the Vendetta gunship that brought me here, where a few guardsmen (and a guardswoman) were hanging around to establish a perimeter. I think I reported what happened to them (I didn't have a vox, so I had to tell them in person), and we were forced to rush back into the Vendetta gunship and fly away before the Keeper of Secrets arrived. Meanwhile, we left the nobles behind, who were milling about in the platform about us.

Then...I woke up.

Yeah, that was quite the weird dream. Sounds like it would make for a good story if I ever put pen to paper. That was just hilarous, dreaming that I was a guardsman and fighting daemonettes and seekers while being pursued by a towering Keeper of Secrets. I even dreamed about my Vendetta gunship (which I have a model of)! Holy Terra. This must be a sign from the Emperor!

No comments:

Post a Comment