About My Blog

Ave Omnissiah!

Image result for adeptus mechanicus symbol

My blog is primarily my own personal fluff in the Warhammer 40,000 universe regarding the Draconis system such as the Knight House Yato in Ryusei, their Household Militia, the Draconian Defenders, and the Forge World of Draconis IV with its Adeptus Mechanicus priesthood, Cybernetica cohorts and Skitarii legions, and the Titan Legion, Legio Draconis, known as the Dark Dragons.

Featured Post

Retrospective: Imperial Knights

Today, we're going to a Retrospective on...Imperial Knights! I mean, this is primarily an Imperial Knight blog, so obviously if I'm ...

Friday, February 5, 2021

Knights and an Archaeopter

I finally received my Knights from Forge World (actually, I received them last week, but because I had to move last weekend to a new place, I didn't have time to build them - I had to pack). I spent a few hours building them today, along with an Archaeopter. I guess it fits because they are Mechanicus Knights.

First up is my banner of Questoris Knights Styrix. I love volkite, so I was happy to build a full banner of them. I can't wait to field them and see how they fare against Titans!

Then I had my banner of Cerastus Knights Atrapos. Pity Forge World is currently out of stock of them, so I'll have to make do with just 2 of them right now. I also want to see how they fare against Titans! In fact, I can build a Knight Lance with the 6 of them, but I have a bunch of Cerastus Knights Lancer and 6 other Questoris Knights, so I can field an entire Knight Household Army. Not to mention, I have a couple of Acastus Knights Porphyrion too if I have the points for them.

While at it, I might show you guys the command terminals for these guys. As you can see the Questoris Knights Styrix cost about 100 points for 2 of them, but if you add the weapons, they go up to 150 points. Adding another Knight Styrix would be 45 points plus 15 and 10 points for the weapons, bringing it up to 70 per extra Knight. A full banner of four would be 290 points.

On the other hand, the Cerastus Knight Atrapos already has his weapons baked into his cost. So 200 points for a minimum banner of 2, adding 95 points for an extra. A full banner of four Knights Atrapos would be 390 points. Phew!

And then I also built an Archaeopter. I chose the Stratoraptor variant because I like gunships (if my Vendetta gunship for my Imperial Guard hasn't already told you that). Lascannons are the way to go! I didn't put the canopy yet because I intend to paint the pilot first. Once I'm done painting the pilot, I will glue the canopies back on. We'll see.

Unfortunately, I'm out of Abaddon Black spray paint at the moment. Oh, well. And the temperature here in Minnesota is going to fall below -20 degrees Celsius or -10 degrees Fahrenheit. Hell, it's going to drop below -29 degrees Celsius or -20 degrees Fahrenheit tomorrow. So no spray painting for me. I originally wanted to buy spray paint along with Bladeguard Veterans tomorrow, but I'm not going out in such cold weather. No way.

Well, we'll see what I can do next week then. For now, I've bought a whole bunch of Black Library novels, including all the Black Templars novels. I was hoping to catch up on their lore so that I can build a small army of Black Templars. Heh. Then I can expand more on them in my little story. Of course my Knights will always be the main focus. I can't wait to write the next chapter of Way of the Warrior! Till then!

No comments:

Post a Comment