About My Blog

Ave Omnissiah!

Image result for adeptus mechanicus symbol

My blog is primarily my own personal fluff in the Warhammer 40,000 universe regarding the Draconis system such as the Knight House Yato in Ryusei, their Household Militia, the Draconian Defenders, and the Forge World of Draconis IV with its Adeptus Mechanicus priesthood, Cybernetica cohorts and Skitarii legions, and the Titan Legion, Legio Draconis, known as the Dark Dragons.

Featured Post

Retrospective: Imperial Knights

Today, we're going to a Retrospective on...Imperial Knights! I mean, this is primarily an Imperial Knight blog, so obviously if I'm ...

Thursday, February 6, 2020

Militarum Tempestus Regimental Doctrines!

The Warhammer 40,000 Facebook page has just released these Regimental Doctrines for Militarum Tempestus! WOOHOO! Feast your eyes on them, fellow Kasrkins and Stormtroopers! I don't care that Ordo Tempestus is supposed to be a separate thing, I still treat stormtroopers (or my Kamikaze Troopers) as part of my Draconian tank regiments! Just take them in separate Detachments, that's all.

Anyway, what do we have? At least six different regimental doctrines available, so pick and choose, my fellow Stormtrooper Colonels!

No photo description available.

Frak, yeah! Deep striking Stormtroopers are a thing again! You can now fire your hot-shot lasguns twice (or 4 times) after deep striking 9" away!

Image may contain: 1 person, text

Cool, I guess? Only for infantry, though.

Image may contain: 1 person

My definite go-to. I'm definitely using this one, mostly because my Kamikaze Troopers are airborne infantry and they ride on Vendetta gunships, which ferry them from place to place. I'll be disembarking my Kamikaze Troopers from Vendetta gunships, and then have them fire their plasma guns and hellguns on 2+ to hit! WOOHOO! And safe plasma even when supercharging! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

Image may contain: text

Not bad. AP -3 pseudo plasma hellguns and volley guns are now a thing, and we now have the Hellblasters' plasma weapons plus the ability to Deep Strike (which they don't, unless they are Raven Guard). This is gonna be good. Also AP -1 flamers. Oh, and before you forget, this also includes close combat weapons, so all of your Stormtroopers will have AP -1 attacks in melee too!

Image may contain: text

This will be insane against hordes. Kill 3 Skitarii Rangers, and they'll be failing morale on a 2+. Heh. Space Marines too...add 6 to their morale tests, and see if their And They Shall Know No Fear will save them. They need a roll of 1 or 2 just to not lose a model. Heh! And now think about how this will apply to horde armies like Orks (as long as they are far away from their Warboss) or Daemons (Bloodletter or Horror or Tzaangor bombs, though Tzaangors are not Daemons) or Cultists.

Image may contain: text

A straight upgrade from the original, and apparently it applies to our vehicles now (but I use Vendetta gunships, not Taurox Prime APCs, so not going to work for me).

And there you have it! 6 Regimental Doctrines for our Stormtroopers! As I said, my go-to will be the Kappic Eagles' Mobile Infantry...I mean Mobilized Infantry! Though the Iotan Dragons' and Lamdan Lions' appeal to me too. The Psian Jackals will be awesome against infantry and horde-based armies, but yeah, with my current playstyle, I'm a Kappic Eagle guy. Or my Kamikaze Troopers will learn from the Kappic Eagles, especially with our Vendetta gunships. This is gonna be good!

I wonder what else will be previewed tomorrow? Stratagems?

2 comments:

  1. It's always nice to see the factions left a little behind in the limelight! Thanks for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete