About My Blog

Ave Omnissiah!

Image result for adeptus mechanicus symbol

My blog is primarily my own personal fluff in the Warhammer 40,000 universe regarding the Draconis system such as the Knight House Yato in Ryusei, their Household Militia, the Draconian Defenders, and the Forge World of Draconis IV with its Adeptus Mechanicus priesthood, Cybernetica cohorts and Skitarii legions, and the Titan Legion, Legio Draconis, known as the Dark Dragons.

Featured Post

Retrospective: Imperial Knights

Today, we're going to a Retrospective on...Imperial Knights! I mean, this is primarily an Imperial Knight blog, so obviously if I'm ...

Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Thousand Sons preview

Warhammer Community has posted the preview for Thousand Sons in Ritual of the Damned!



Anyway, this is what we have for our Cults. Apparently.



Oh, nice. This Cult of Time power allows us to resurrect Thousand Sons infantry! I can see this being used a lot by my Scarab Occult Terminators. Do take note that you have to dedicate each detachment to a Cult, so no taking all the different Cult powers on a unit by unit basis. In other words the 4chan rumor that I got from Discord is FALSE! I knew it. I was right to be skeptical about it. Anyway, I do like this Cult of Time power, because resurrecting a slain Scarab Occult Terminator is a pretty thematic thing to do. I wonder what other psychic powers we have?



Eh, this is just a rip-off of the Alpha Legion Trait. Could be useful if you want to screw around with your opponent, but otherwise it feels like a waste of a Warlord Trait to me. That's just my personal opinion, though.



Now this is fun. Take note, it says once per turn, and not once per battle round. So this means you can use it during both your turn and your opponent's turn. If you're casting a psychic spell, you can change a roll of 1 to 6, potentially getting off that super-smite or Doombolt! Or you can screw your opponent over by turning his roll of 6 into a 1, either denying him a super-smite or causing him to fail his psychic spell altogether



Ha ha ha! I love this Stratagem! Most people in the Thousand Sons discord are complaining that warpflamers are too expensive despite some innovative souls seeing the potential, but I tend to agree with the pro warpflamer faction. Nothing beats setting your dudes up about 13" away from an enemy model, then walking 5" to flame them. Heh. Nice. Pop off Veterans of the Long War too, and watch your enemy burn!

We also have a bunch of Cult of Duplicity, courtesy of the Warhammer 40,000 Facebook page.

Image may contain: 1 person, text

Uh...okay. Not my cult, to be honest.

Image may contain: text

That is one sweet psychic spell. Hey...this was very different from the 4chan rumor in Discord. As I expected, that 4chan rumor that they posted on the Thousand Sons Discord is a hoax. Maybe it was someone from the Cult of Duplicity who was responsible for that hoax, eh?



And then you have this! If you're lucky you get a bunch of Command Points. If you're unlucky, you give your opponent a Command Point. Just make sure you don't roll 5-6 ones in a row...well, I guess that's what happens when you dabble in duplicity.

Image may contain: text

Already previewed in the Warhammer Community article. Nothing much to say here. My feelings remain the same. I'm looking forward to the other Cults. Like the Cult of Time, or the Cult of Magic, for example.

This is gonna be good. Maybe? We shall see!

No comments:

Post a Comment