About My Blog

Ave Omnissiah!

Image result for adeptus mechanicus symbol

My blog is primarily my own personal fluff in the Warhammer 40,000 universe regarding the Draconis system such as the Knight House Yato in Ryusei, their Household Militia, the Draconian Defenders, and the Forge World of Draconis IV with its Adeptus Mechanicus priesthood, Cybernetica cohorts and Skitarii legions, and the Titan Legion, Legio Draconis, known as the Dark Dragons.

Featured Post

Retrospective: Imperial Knights

Today, we're going to a Retrospective on...Imperial Knights! I mean, this is primarily an Imperial Knight blog, so obviously if I'm ...

Saturday, October 5, 2019

Knights against Thousand Sons coming soon

I managed to get a game against Thousand Sons today! I'll write a full battle report soon, but it was a lot of fun and a very close game!

Imperial Knights are not overpowered. Okay, so maybe I wasn't using the best Knights or an optimized list, but who cares? We both had fun and that's the most important thing. People should stop moaning about Knights and accusing us Knight players of ruining the game. Don't want to play against Knights? No one is forcing you to. Just play against whoever you want to play, and decline if you don't want to play against a certain list. I always check with my opponents first, and if he's okay with playing against my Knights, then I'll bring them. If he's not, then I'll field another army (my Imperial Guard, for example). Don't need to be so rigid and whine about it. Man, I see a lot of bitter and salty comments on Reddit or other places about how we Knight players are ruining the game, how Lords of War should never be a thing, etc., but seriously...they are not that bad. They are easy to deal with if you know how to, and easy to pick up and play with (due to low model count). And they are just fun! Call me that guy, I don't care. If you don't want to play against Knights, just let me know and I'll field a different army. Don't need to run to Reddit and start ranting about how we ruined the game or whatever.

Anyway, both my opponent and I had a lot of fun, and the game was really close. I'll write up a battle report soon, but it's almost 1.30am (when I returned home from the game, I had to grade my students' assignments) so I'll have to do it another day. Maybe Sunday. We'll see. I plan to go back to Dreamers Vault tomorrow to build and hopefully paint stuff. Maybe get another game...but we'll see! This post is just to let you know that I'm still alive and I'm still pretty active in the hobby! It just has been a couple of busy weeks, what with me settling with my preliminary exams (I passed the written portion! Woohoo!), attending a Mechademia conference over the weekend last week and other real life stuff. Ugh. My Steel Dragons have taken somewhat of a back seat, but I should be returning to finishing them up tomorrow.

For the Emperor!

No comments:

Post a Comment