About My Blog

Ave Omnissiah!

Image result for adeptus mechanicus symbol

My blog is primarily my own personal fluff in the Warhammer 40,000 universe regarding the Draconis system such as the Knight House Yato in Ryusei, their Household Militia, the Draconian Defenders, and the Forge World of Draconis IV with its Adeptus Mechanicus priesthood, Cybernetica cohorts and Skitarii legions, and the Titan Legion, Legio Draconis, known as the Dark Dragons.

Featured Post

Retrospective: Imperial Knights

Today, we're going to a Retrospective on...Imperial Knights! I mean, this is primarily an Imperial Knight blog, so obviously if I'm ...

Monday, October 28, 2019

Adeptus Titanicus Tournament

So we had an Adeptus Titanicus tournament on Saturday. Sorry, I was writing stuff, so I didn't have time to write this battle report on Sunday even though I should have. Whoops. Anyway, it was a fun tourrnament, and I enjoyed myself tremendously. It was awesome! There were about 5-6 participants, including me (I ended up coming late because I missed the bus). I think most people played 3 rounds, but I only played 2. Not that I mind, because I'm just there to have fun.

The first game was pretty cool, it was against a guy who brought an Axiom Maniple. Meaning he had a Warhound Titan with plasma blastgun (I think) and Vulcan mega-bolter, a Reaver Titan with laster blaster and power fist and a Warlord Titan with Apocalypse missile launcher, mori quake cannon and Belicosa volcano cannon. I can't remember the details, but yeah. He had the mission Engage and Destroy, whereas I had Hold the Line (after we discarded our second missions).


In contrast to him, I brought a full Knight Lance, with a single Reaver Titan as a reinforcement. So 3 Cerastus Knight Lancers, 2 banners of 2 Acastus Knights Porphyrion, and a Reaver Titan with Apocalypse missile launcher and 2 volcano cannons. As an aside, this was a 1,000-points tournament, so I couldn't bring my Fortis Maniple of 2 Warlord Titans and 1 Reaver Titan as they would go over the 1000 points limit.



I think he managed to start first, and he had his Warhound use Full Stride. I can't remember if he had his Warlord fire First Order, but I might be mistaken. The Reaver probably didn't get anything. I did use First Order for my Reaver. Just fired my missiles on the Warlord, but didn't do much except get a shield or two down. I think. Anyway, the Knights just moved up the table, because I had no orders to give them except Charge for the Knight Lancers. Oh, well. They moved toward the Warhound. I can't remember, but I think he tried to shoot my Reaver with the Warlord and failed...or something. As for my Knight Porphyrion, they fired upon the Reaver and took down all his shields. I might have done some damage or something, but I can't remember. He was mostly out of range for the Reaver and the Warhound had used Full Stride, so no go. We both used Stratagems - I had some orbital bombardment that could only be used once per battle, and it failed to do anything. Scattered off, clipped the Reaver and maybe took off a void shield. Nothing. In contrast, my opponent used artillery bombardment, which could be used every Strategy phase, but it scattered D10" and for the most part did nothing.



The second turn, the Warlord fired his mori quake cannon and basically did quite a few devastating hits on the poor Acastus Knights Porphyrion - especially when he learned how scary they were with their first volley on his wounded Reaver. I think I had my Knights Porphyrion and Reaver Titan combine to destroy the Reaver Titan, while my Knight Lancers charged the Warhound and poked it with their arc lances. I forgot that they can shoot in addition to using their melee weapons. Damn it. Anyway, they did quite a bit of damage to the Warhound's body, but with just 4 attacks, I wasn't doing much. Again, I should have fired a few shots with the other weapon. Dumb of me.

On the third turn, I think the Warlord Titan and Warhound Titan managed to destroy a banner of Acastus Knights Porphyrion and a single Cerastus Knight Lancer, so he got something. The Warlord Titan contined to duke it out with my Reaver Titan, firing his Apocalypse missile launchers and Belicosa volcano cannon, but the guy kept making his void shield saves, and he stayed where he was to do Emergency Repairs during the Strategy phase to ensure his reactor didn't go into the orange, and to restore whatever void shields he lost. So the Reaver Titan basically survived the whole game. Meanwhile, my Knight Lancers continue to stab the Warhound Titan with their arc lances and finally destroyed him. Fortunately, the Warhound just fell over and completely missed my surviving two Knight Lancers, so neither of them took any damage. Phew!

On the fourth turn, the Warlord Titan continued to pelt my remaining Acastus Knights Porphyrion with his Mori quake cannon, dealing a few other hits. I can't remember if any died this turn, but yeah. Meanwhile he continued to trade shots with my Reaver Titan, but nothing happened, and my void shields remained up. I think I did finally maange to bring his void shields down and started doing a lot of damage to his body. We rolled a D10 to see if the game would continue, and it did!

This time, the Warlord Titan destroyed all the Acastus Knights Porphyrion, and I had none of them left. Just 2 Knight Lancers and the Reaver Titan. My Knight Lancers charged and poked him with their sticks, but the Warlord was tough. Just took a bit more damage, but that was about it. We rolled a D10 to see if the game would continue on to turn 6, and it did!

In the last turn, I finally destroyed the Warlord Titan with my two Knight Lancers. The catastrophic explosion destroyed one Knight Lancer, but the Knight Seneschal took a couple of devastating hits and remained standing on his last structure point or two. I think he had about two left, if not his last one. Phew!

At the end of the first game, I instantly gained 20 points for the primary objective of Hold the Line because there were no enemy units in the battlefield. My opponent earned a total of 6 victory points with his destruction of two Acastus Knights Porphyrion banners. Even without my Decapitating Strike Stratagem, I essentially won a major victory over him. But he wrecked quite a lot of my Knights!

Game two was much closer and deadlier for me. This time, my opponent brought 4 Warhound Titans in a Lupercal maniple. One had 2 plasma blastguns, I think. One had a Vulcan mega-bolter and a plasma blastgun. The other also had a turbo laser destructor and...I can't remember. An inferno cannon? The last one had a laser destructor and a plasma blastgun as well. That was 900 points, so he has an extra Command Point, apparently.

We both drew Hold the Line this time in addition to our other missions (no way in hell was I going for Glory and Honor). So my opponent seized the initiative and the game went on. He had his Warhound Titans all move up, with two in a squadron using Full Stride or something. Before I could do anything, he completely destroyed an entire banner of Acastus Knights Porphyrion with his plasma blastgun's maximal fire. I managed to injure two of his Warhounds pretty badly, dealing critical damage to the head of the Princeps and giving him MIU feedback while the other took quite a bit of damage to his leg, but I wasn't able to kill anyone.

The second turn was grim, and I lost another banner of Acastus Knights Porphyrion, and maybe one Cerastus Knight Lancer. I did, with the shooting from my Reaver Titan, finally destroyed the Warhound with the wounded leg, meanwhile my Knight Lancers mostly survived the shooting because they had the smokescreen Stratagem popped off. One Warhound for 2 banners of Acastus Knights Porphyrion. Not a good trade. The Princeps Senioris's Warhound Titan did use Blind Barrage and hid somewhere, so I couldn't shoot him at all.

In the third turn, I think I managed to have my two Cerastus Knight Lancers charge the Warhound Titan (the Princeps Senioris) and lock him in combat. Meanwhile, the Reaver Titan traded fire with the two fully unscathed Warhound Titans and lost quite a few of his void shields. He almost managed to down their void shields in exchange too, but nothing too exciting. I think my opponent used the orbital bombardment Stratagem, scored a direct hit on my Reaver Titan, and rolled two ones for the armor roll. Ouch. Nothing happened. As for my Cerastus Knight Lancers, they poked the Warhound's critically injured head with their lances and wrecked him completely, and he...fell over. I think one Cerastus Knight Lancer died, can't remember if it was from the shooting or because of the Princeps Senoris's Warhound fell on him. But my Knight Seneschal survived. YAY! I think the Warhound must have exploded, because I remember my Knight Lancer Seneschal having just 1 or 2 structure points left by the end of the battle after suffering a couple of Devastating Hits. Hmm...

Fourth turn, because we both had Hold the Line, my surviving Knight Lancer Seneschal charged up the battlefield to get into my opponent's deployment zone, and also to hide from the Warhound Titan's fire as much as possible. The Reaver Titan lost all his void shields and took damage to his body from the maximal fire, but in exchange I dropped all of their void shields. I don't believe I did any damage, or maybe I did? Immaterial, for we rolled a D10 and the game ended there and then.

Neither of us had Hold the Line because we had enemy units right in our deployment zones. The two Warhound Titans were in my deployment zone, facing off with my wounded Reaver Titan, while my Knight Lancer Seneschal was hiding somewhere in my opponent's deployment zone. That meant we had 0 points for our mission's primary objective.

However, the secondary mission objectives are where it was at. My opponent scored a total of 4 points for killing my Acastus Knights Porphyrion (scale of 5 divided by 2, rounded down, to give him 2 points each). I scored a total of 6 victory points for killing 2 Warhound Titans, each of them netting me 3 points. Furthermore, I revealed my Stratagems at the end - Decapitating Strike gave me another 3 victory points for killing his Princeps Senioris, while the Vengeance Stratagem, which I selected the Princeps Senioris for, had also given me yet another 3 points to bring me up to a total of 12. YAY! So I managed to win by the skin of my teeth. Phew! Any closer and my Reaver Titan would die, giving him 8 points to my 12, and I literally had 2 models left on the table, with almost all of my Knights completely wiped out. That was so close! I was almost tabled! I can't believe I somehow won!

Adeptus Titanicus is so fun. I can't wait to play again! I think I'll be participating in the Renegade Open in November, bringing my Titans for an Adeptus Titanicus narrative event! Legio Draconis shall march to war!

No comments:

Post a Comment