About My Blog

Ave Omnissiah!

Image result for adeptus mechanicus symbol

My blog is primarily my own personal fluff in the Warhammer 40,000 universe regarding the Draconis system such as the Knight House Yato in Ryusei, their Household Militia, the Draconian Defenders, and the Forge World of Draconis IV with its Adeptus Mechanicus priesthood, Cybernetica cohorts and Skitarii legions, and the Titan Legion, Legio Draconis, known as the Dark Dragons.

Featured Post

Retrospective: Imperial Knights

Today, we're going to a Retrospective on...Imperial Knights! I mean, this is primarily an Imperial Knight blog, so obviously if I'm ...

Friday, June 21, 2019

Stats for Skorpius stuff!

Sorry for being late, but I just saw this. As usual, head over to Warhammer Community and check out their latest news and information.

First, we have the Skorpius Dunerider, which is a Dedicated Transport. I think. 12" movement, pretty standard for Transports.



And it also has 4 cognis heavy stubbers, so that's 12 Strength 4 AP 0 shots and it doesn't suffer penalty for firing heavy weapons after moving. Not to mention it can carry up to 10 infantry models. So an entire squad of Skitarii, or Secutarii. Nice.



Looking good, eh? Well...I dunno. The stats seem good to me, the only problem is the price. Let's hope it's not too expensive.



I'm more interested in the Skorpius Disintegrator, but it seems like it doesn't have any transport capability, so that kind of sucks. I was hoping for a Razorback type where it can transport 5 models or something, but it is what it is. Well, the weapons look cool at least.



Oh, nice. Don't forget this is in addition to three cognis heavy stubbers, so you have 9 Strength 4 AP 0 shots in addition to D6 Strength 7 missiles.

First option for its primary weapon is the ferrumite cannon, which is essentially an anti-tank weapon.



Of course the Onager Dunecrawler's neutron laser will be better, but keep in mind this is a standard 3 shots, so it's a lot more consistent. Less Strength and AP, though, so let's hope it's cheaper. It does have a lot more dakka. I think.

The second option for the primary weapon is a belleros energy cannon, which allows you to shoot at units who aren't visible. Great for ITC missions. Yay.



The Skorpius Disintegrator is Toughness 7 (so same as the Onager Dunecrawler). But it shares Heavy Support slots with your Onager Dunecrawlers and Kastelan Robots, which are already the best Adeptus Mechanicus units in the game. Makes it kind of sad since we have a very crowded Heavy Support menu. Oh, well. Was hoping for it to be Fast Attack, but...as I said, it is what it is.



Doesn't seem to have any transport capability, though. Would be awesome if it did, and I get bring my 5-men Skitarii Rangers with arc rifles into objectives for a really thematic mobile Skitarii force, but I'll take what I can. On the other hand, the US$75 price tag means I am not going to get too many of them, simply because I can't afford to. Maybe 2 at most, and a single Dunerider...eventually. It also depends, and I'm still hoping it has a small transport capacity, so I'm praying to the Omnissiah for that. But if it doesn't, then...never mind. Oh, and the points too. I mean, I'll get just one because I love the model, but if the rules don't fit my playstyle, then I'll just stick to one instead of having more. Again, we'll see.

Anyway, we'll find out!

No comments:

Post a Comment