About My Blog

Ave Omnissiah!

Image result for adeptus mechanicus symbol

My blog is primarily my own personal fluff in the Warhammer 40,000 universe regarding the Draconis system such as the Knight House Yato in Ryusei, their Household Militia, the Draconian Defenders, and the Forge World of Draconis IV with its Adeptus Mechanicus priesthood, Cybernetica cohorts and Skitarii legions, and the Titan Legion, Legio Draconis, known as the Dark Dragons.

Featured Post

Retrospective: Imperial Knights

Today, we're going to a Retrospective on...Imperial Knights! I mean, this is primarily an Imperial Knight blog, so obviously if I'm ...

Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Mechanicum army!

Sorry, been too busy to post on my blog. Writing a battle report takes hours (I've no idea why it takes so long for me to write one), and I just can't spare the time these days. I have three books to read for class and I've only gotten two done so far, never mind I'm not understanding a single word the damned authors are saying. Oh well...I can't say I like studying about postmodernism and stuff. Anyway, onto non-academic topics...

I managed to have a Horus Heresy game last Saturday with my new Mechanicum army! I had an Archmagos Dominus, a Magos Dominus, 2 Castellax battle-automata with mauler bolt cannon, 2 Castellax battle-automata with darkfire cannons, 2 Thanatar siege-automata with plasma hellex mortar - one of them with the Paragon of Metal because I couldn't afford the points otherwise, and a Vultarax stratos-automata with arc blaster. Rounding my army of Cybernetica automata off is a Knight Errant with Blessed Autosimulcra as my Lord of War.

Against them was the venerable Adeptus Custodes, which included a Terminator squad and 2 Custodian squads or something. And a HQ, and a Custodes Dreadnought. The Terminators' weapons are wicked, and they could cause Instant Death. Ouch.

The game went well enough, and I actually almost tabled my opponent. He slew my Knight Errant, destroying the revered war machine. Ouch. And he killed one Castellax battle-automata. However, those were the only casualties my Legio Cybernetica army suffered, and I wiped him out. There was one time where I rolled a double 6s for the 2 (I rolled a 2 for the D3 stomp blast plates rolls) and I ended up removing the Terminators from play after they survived the Knight Errant's reaper chainsword with their invulnerable saves. Yeah, it was hilarious. I think he only had 3 or 4 models remaining by the start of turn 4 and I was about to wipe them out with my Thanatar siege-automata's plasma mortars.

Admittedly, we both probably did a lot of mistakes with the game, so...I don't know. We need someone more experienced to guide us through Horus Heresy, but it seems my 7th edition knowledge has gotten rusty. I've forgotten most of the 7th edition rules and it takes some getting used to. I know I'm probably going to get a lot of flak here - especially from the purists and hardcore gamers - but I prefer 8th edition to 7th edition. It's a lot more streamlined, faster, easier and less annoying to play with. But that's just my personal opinion.

Legio Cybernetica Mechanicum army!
Speaking of 8th edition, I had a game with my Thousand Sons afterward, against a Salamanders army of Dreadnoughts. The guy brought 10 Dreadnoughts. This time, it was my turn to get tabled, and I only managed to take out maybe 3 or 4 Dreadnoughts and a few Space Marines, but he still had at least two Redemptor Dreadnoughts and all his Venerable Dreadnoughts left on the table. Damn, the weakness of my Thousand Sons army is anti-tank. With only the Contemptor Dreadnoughts and Leviathan Dreadnought for anti-tank, I wasn't able to fight much against an army of Dreadnoughts, not when my army was composed mainly of AP -2 anti-infantry firepower. Oh well. Got to go back to the drawing board for that one. Sigh.

Anyway, that's what I have for now, and I hope to update on you guys more! Perhaps I'll get a Knight Valiant to bolster my Thousand Sons army - the Death Hex and Thundercoil Harpoon combo seems too good to pass up on. We'll see! Until then!

No comments:

Post a Comment