About My Blog

Ave Omnissiah!

Image result for adeptus mechanicus symbol

My blog is primarily my own personal fluff in the Warhammer 40,000 universe regarding the Draconis system such as the Knight House Yato in Ryusei, their Household Militia, the Draconian Defenders, and the Forge World of Draconis IV with its Adeptus Mechanicus priesthood, Cybernetica cohorts and Skitarii legions, and the Titan Legion, Legio Draconis, known as the Dark Dragons.

Featured Post

Retrospective: Imperial Knights

Today, we're going to a Retrospective on...Imperial Knights! I mean, this is primarily an Imperial Knight blog, so obviously if I'm ...

Saturday, February 2, 2019

The night of Knights

Well, I probably shouldn't have done this, but I ended up fielding my Imperial Knight army against my friend today. He brought his Blood Angels, and borrowed my Leviathan Dreadnought (I think he wanted to see how the Leviathan Dreadnoughts would fare against Imperial Knights). I ended up tabling him in 3 turns or so. 4, actually, considering I couldn't kill his last Intercessor and his wounded Rhino by the end of my 3rd turn.


Basically we played Beachhead, and he brought a Battalion and Spearhead, which featured 3 Captains (one in Terminator Armor, one Primaris Captain in gravis armor, and one normal Captain), 2 tactical squads, 5 Intercessors, 5 Devastators, 5 Hellblasters, a Terminator squad, 15 Death Company dudes, and 2 Leviathan Dreadnoughts. And a Rhino. Against that, I brought a Knight Gallant, a Knight Errant, a Knight Paladin (my Warlord with Ion Bulwark and Judgement Stormspear rocket pod), the Vigilus Emperor's Fist Armored Company formation (spent a command point for field commander for one of my Leman Russ Executioner tank commanders to get the Warlord Trait) that featured three Leman Russ Executioner tank commanders in a Supreme Command Detachment, and an Imperial Guard infantry battalion.

I ended up going first, and I basically wiped out the Devastators, killed a few Hellblasters and destroyed one Leviathan Dreadnought from shooting alone. I also secured the objective in the middle. But his Death Company wiped out the poor infantry squad sitting on the objective, killing 6 guys with their bolt pistols, then charging my Knight Gallant and Company Commander. The latter died, and the former, after taking hits from the Leviathan, went down to 11 wounds or so. I managed to kill a couple of them, but not a lot. Maybe 2 or 3? Despite my Knight Gallant having Titanic Feet...oh well.

The Sergeant was the sole survivor after everyone else ran away from morale, and secured me 2 Victory Points. My Knight Gallant moved toward the Leviathan Dreadnought, and I think I brought it down to just 1 wound left after all the shooting. My Leman Russ Executioner tank commanders wiped out both the Hellblasters and the Death Company except the Sergeant, leaving him with nothing more than a couple of Intercessors (who had eaten quite a few shots from my Knight Paladin's rapid-fire battle cannon over the past 2 turns). My Knight Gallant then charged in and destroyed the Leviathan Dreadnought (I forgot to chuck him, though), while my Knight Errant finished off the Death Company Sergeant in melee. The Captain in Gravis Armor then stepped in and smashed the poor Knight Gallant with his power fists/auto boltstorm gauntlets and brought him down to just 2 wounds. Ouch.



The Terminators struck in and destroyed one Leman Russ Executioner tank before consolidating into the field commander. Funnily enough, I killed a couple of them in overwatch, as well as did a few mortal wounds to both the Captain in Terminator Armor and the Terminators when my Leman Russ Executioner blew up on a 6. Also did a wound to my poor Leman Russ Executioner field commander. The Terminators then consolidated into the field commander. The Captain in Gravis armor failed to wound my Knight Gallant this time, surprisingly enough, or I made my saves, and then I proceeded to crush him with the Paragon Gauntlet and consolidated right into the Ancient. With still 2 wounds remaining. Wow. Oh, the tactical squads poured out of the Rhino and killed my Sergeant, which meant nobody was holding the objective, and a couple of guys died in overwatch from the thermal cannon. The Captain charged my Knight Errant, did about 6 wounds to him, then got stomped to death by Titanic Feet.

In my third turn, I wiped out the Terminators with my third Leman Russ Executioner tank after my field commander fell back, and the Knight Paladin basically shot the Captain in Terminator Armor to death with his Stormspear rocket pod, but I had to charge him in to finish him off. The Rhino took a shot from the lascannon of my third Leman Russ Executioner, taking 6 wounds, but otherwise survived. Um, the Intercessors also survived the shots from the rapid-fire battle cannon, leaving about 1 guy on the objective in my opponent's deployment zone. The Ancient got wiped out in combat, needless to say. The Captain in Terminator Armor also got cleaved in half by the Knight Paladin's (my Warlord) Reaper chainsword. The Knight Errant charged the two tactical squads, split his attacks between the two of them, and just like their Captain before them, they were squashed to death by his Titanic Feet. Funnily enough, my Knight Errant seems to fare better in melee than his thermal cannon, which didn't do much.

By now, my opponent conceded because he only had one Intercessor and one wounded Rhino left on the table. That kind of sucked. Compared to that, I still had all three of my Knights, two of my Leman Russ Executioner tanks, a Company Commander and 2 infantry squads (holding the objective in my deployment zone). I was ahead in victory points, about 5 points to his 3. And he was on the verge of being tabled. Ouch.

We had a rematch immediately, and this time he brought his Knight Castellan, his Astreaos super-heavy tank, 2 Hellblaster squads, a Repulsor, a Terminator squad, 2 Captains in Terminator armor, and a Leviathan Dreadnought. This time, it was my turn to get crushed. In the first turn - he insisted on going first this time, and given how I tabled him previously, I was only too happy to let him get his way - his Leviathan Dreadnought moved forward. Between his Knight Castellan, Astreaos, Hellblasters and Repulsor, he destroyed two of my Leman Russ Executioner tanks, and brought my Knight Gallant down to 6 wounds, his last bracket. Ouch. His Leviathan Dreadnought wiped out my infantry squad, but miraculously spared the Company Commander, who ran forward and grabbed the middle objective (we decided to play Beachhead again). First Strike to him, but I didn't get First Strike.

My Knight Gallant couldn't charge anyone, so he just ran behind cover, my Knight Paladin took potshots at the Astraeos and merely put 5 wounds on him, and my Knight Errant put 5 wounds on the Leviathan Dreadnought. My Leman Russ Exectuioner put a total of 10 wounds or so on the Repulsor, but failed to destroy him. No First Strike for me.

My opponent had 2 victory points, and he destroyed my final remaining Leman Russ tank (with the Knight Castellan, who was out of reach of my other Knights or couldn't see them) and his Astraeos killed 7 of my Guardsmen in the second squad, while Deep Striking his Captain in Terminator armor about 9" away from my Guardsmen. He did about 5 or so wounds to my Knight Errant with the Astraeos, but that was about it. The Terminators Deep Struck 9" away from my wounded and hidden Knight Gallant, but they failed their charge. Oh well. The Captain in Terminator Armor wiped out my depleted second squad and consolidated toward the final infantry squad but was still far away enough to not be locked in combat with them.

By this time, it had gotten late and we called it. Unfortunately, that meant it was my win because while my opponent had 2 victory points, I had 3 - from getting the objective in my deployment zone and the objective in the center (thanks to my Company Commander). That was just funny. Even though I was getting destroyed, I won in victory points and objectives. The game can be a funny thing sometimes. Well...at least my opponent had the satisfaction of blowing up my tanks (but he failed to kill any of my Knights...hmm...).

Well, that was fun. I can't wait to see what my Knights can do next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment