About My Blog

Ave Omnissiah!

Image result for adeptus mechanicus symbol

My blog is primarily my own personal fluff in the Warhammer 40,000 universe regarding the Draconis system such as the Knight House Yato in Ryusei, their Household Militia, the Draconian Defenders, and the Forge World of Draconis IV with its Adeptus Mechanicus priesthood, Cybernetica cohorts and Skitarii legions, and the Titan Legion, Legio Draconis, known as the Dark Dragons.

Featured Post

Retrospective: Imperial Knights

Today, we're going to a Retrospective on...Imperial Knights! I mean, this is primarily an Imperial Knight blog, so obviously if I'm ...

Saturday, January 19, 2019

Deathwatch and Mechanicum

All right, a little update on my Warhammer 40,000 projects. So basically I've finished building my Primaris Hellblasters. I only needed a 5-men squad. Apparently, in order for my Deathwatch army to use a Relic Leviathan Dreadnought, I need a non-Relic Heavy Support unit. I used to get around this by fielding a Contemptor Mortis Dreadnought with twin autocannons or twin lascannons, but I sold both of them. Oh well. That's fine - that's why I brought the Primaris Hellblasters for. I just needed them to fulfill the Heavy Support slot while providing 5-10 long-range AP -4 plasma shots. I honestly don't know if they'll do the job better, but let's try them out in a game. And I love the Deathwatch shoulder pads, they look so cool.


I also painted my third Knight! My third Imperial Knight is one I magnetized, so while I usually run him as a Knight Gallant (to maximize the use of the House Yato Household Tradition...ahem, I mean House Griffith Household Tradition), I can swap his arm weapons out to turn him into a Knight Crusader or a Knight Paladin or Knight Warden if absolutely necessary. I hope the black and gold paint scheme looks nice! Now he fits right in alongside my other Knights! Plus they are the same color as the Draconian Armored Defenders, which is basically the Imperial Guard regiment that doubles as their Household retinue. I don't play pure Imperial Knights, I find it more fun to play a combined Imperial Knight and Imperial Guard force.


I also got myself a Vultarax Stratos-automata and I plan to use my Castellax-achea Battle-automata as Castellax Battle-automata with Darkfire cannons and automata power blades for Horus Heresy games, so I'm also looking forward to that. Let's see what happens! I can't wait!



Well, I can't wait to paint and assemble my Mechanicum army. They will look really fun! And I hope I can play them in a Horus Heresy game sometime. Anyway, we'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment