About My Blog

Ave Omnissiah!

Image result for adeptus mechanicus symbol

My blog is primarily my own personal fluff in the Warhammer 40,000 universe regarding the Draconis system such as the Knight House Yato in Ryusei, their Household Militia, the Draconian Defenders, and the Forge World of Draconis IV with its Adeptus Mechanicus priesthood, Cybernetica cohorts and Skitarii legions, and the Titan Legion, Legio Draconis, known as the Dark Dragons.

Featured Post

Retrospective: Imperial Knights

Today, we're going to a Retrospective on...Imperial Knights! I mean, this is primarily an Imperial Knight blog, so obviously if I'm ...

Saturday, November 3, 2018

Inquisitors and Acolytes

I've finally managed to kitbash a couple of Inquisitors - and they're most likely Ordo Xenos Inquisitors - and their Stormtrooper retinue. The Inquisitorial Stormtrooper retinue use Acolyte rules (just like how the 6th edition Inquisition Codex did), but they can't take carapace weapons. I decided to give one a plasma gun, and 6 others stormbolters. Stormbolters, particularly since normal Guardsmen and Stormtroopers can't take stormbolters, so I thought I might as well make use of that. Furthermore, I also gave all of them bolt pistols, since it's a free upgrade, and you'd have to be crazy to take a Strength 3 AP 0 laspistol over a Strength 4 AP 0 bolt pistol. Plus it fits with their stormbolters anyway - all bolt weapons! Except the plasma gunner.

Inquisitor
The first Inquisitor. I used the Tempestor's jacket to serve as his cloak, and a beret head just because. He is equipped with a power maul (or null rod, but I prefer power maul) that actually comes from the Deathwatch kill team box and a Grey Knights Strike squad's incinerator to incinerate foul xenos. And also doubles as a Daemon-killing weapon if he happens across those fell denizens of the warp.

Inquisitor
The same Ordo Xenos Inquisitor from a different angle.

Inquisitor
The second Ordo Xenos Inquisitor just in case I need another one. I kind of prefer this guy, but he's the same as the first - equipped with a power maul and an incinerator. Time to burn xenos scum! Or pound them into oblivion!

Inquisitor
The same second Inquisitor, but from a different angle.

The two Inquisitors
The two Ordo Xenos Inquisitors, allied together just because. For fun.

Acolytes and Guardsmen. Inquisitorial Stormtroopers
Every good Inquisitor of the Holy Ordos will have his own retinue, and these Ordo Xenos Inquisitors have a retinue of Inquisitorial Stormtrooper bodyguards. Cool, right? I also took the chance to reinforce my Guardsmen so now I have a fourth Imperial Guard infantry squad, which will make my Astra Militarum Brigade slightly cheaper. I hope.

Inquisitorial Stormtrooper retinue
The majority of the Inquisitorial Stormtroopers - 6, to be precise - are equipped with customized stormbolters. I kind of slapped them together by using the boltguns from the Mark III Space Marines and glued two onto the Guardsmen's lasguns. I snipped off the barrel and glued the barrel of one boltgun to the lasgun, and then snipped off the fist and magazine to glue the second boltgun to the lasgun's main body. Then I used the heavy thunder hammers from the Deathwatch kill team box to compensate as the bulky ammo box for the stormbolters. Looks really cool, right?

I can't wait to use them in an actual game. We'll see how it goes! I wonder how it'll turn out, running Ordo Xenos Inquisitors with their retinue of Inquisitorial Stormtroopers (Acolytes) alongside a Deathwatch company and a full battalion of Inquisitorial Stormtroopers. It'll be cool if Inquisition gets special rules of their own, like...Ordo Malleus gets psybolt ammunition for bolt weapons (Acolytes having access to them) and Ordo Xenos gets special issue ammunition for bolt weapons (Acolytes also having access to them) like Deathwatch. And the Acolytes really should be buffed to BS 3+ or they can't be proper Inquisitorial Stormtroopers...

Anyway, they'll appear in Steel Rain shortly...Inquisitor Tanizaki Tatsumi has already been mentioned.

No comments:

Post a Comment