About My Blog

Ave Omnissiah!

Image result for adeptus mechanicus symbol

My blog is primarily my own personal fluff in the Warhammer 40,000 universe regarding the Draconis system such as the Knight House Yato in Ryusei, their Household Militia, the Draconian Defenders, and the Forge World of Draconis IV with its Adeptus Mechanicus priesthood, Cybernetica cohorts and Skitarii legions, and the Titan Legion, Legio Draconis, known as the Dark Dragons.

Featured Post

Retrospective: Imperial Knights

Today, we're going to a Retrospective on...Imperial Knights! I mean, this is primarily an Imperial Knight blog, so obviously if I'm ...

Saturday, November 17, 2018

Deathwatch Debut

I finally completed my Deathwatch army today! I purchased the very last unit I needed for my Deathwatch allies, the Corvus Blackstar, as well as the Codex. now Deathwatch allies are complete and I don't need anything else! Yay!

Reinforcements for my Deathwatch allies, which is now complete!

Corvus Blackstar, ready for action!
The Corvus Blackstar looks really awesome, doesn't it? I can't wait to field it in battle.
Deathwatch Master next to a Corvus Blackstar
I also procured a Deathwatch Master to keep the theme of Deathwatch. So this Deathwatch regiment is the Death Dragons Chapter (well, I changed it to Death Dragons instead of Reapers because of Draconis), who after suffering the threat of annihilation at the hands of a Tyranid Invasion (was going to use Hive Fleet Behemoth or Dragon for that), were reinforced by Primaris Marines. The surviving Veterans decided to just adopt the Chapter Structure and technology of the Deathwatch - technology that the Adeptus Mechanicus Priesthood on Draconis IV were only too happy to provide - and thus they became a Deathwatch-like Chapter that uses Deathwatch rules. Or something like that anyway. I hope that makes sense.

Deathwatch Master, who has a servo-skull for some reason.
Anyway, with my Deathwatch Master and Corvus Blackstar, my Deathwatch army is complete! I could now field a 2,000-point army of Imperial Guard and Deathwatch! Basically my army looks like this:

Draconian Armored Defenders with Deathwatch Allies!
Deathwatch Battalion (Death Dragons)

Deathwatch Master
Primaris Watch Captain
5 Veterans with 4 Deathwatch frag cannons, Sergeant with xenophase blade and storm shield
5 Veterans with 5 stormbolters, Sergeant with storm shield
10 Primaris Intercessors with bolt rifles, 2 auxiliary grenade launchers, Sergeant with power sword
Corvus Blackstar with Blackstar rocket launcher, twin lascannons and hurricane bolters

Astra Militarum Battalion (Draconian Defenders)

Company Commander with plasma pistol
Company Commander with bolt pistol
3 infantry squads with plasma gun

Astra Militarum Spearhead (Draconian Armored Defenders)

Colonel Ikeda Tank Commander in Leman Russ Punisher with 3 heavy bolters (uses Knight Commander Pask's rules)
2 Leman Russ Executioner tanks with lascannon and plasma cannons
Leman Russ Annihilator with hull lascannon and plasma cannons

Draconian Defenders and Deathwatch allies taking up position.
All that for 2,000 points! Awesome!

Scary Space Wolves army...
I tried to play this list against an opponent with Space Wolves, but the game only lasted a turn before he had to leave. :( I managed to get the first turn beyond all odds, wiped out his 3 squads of 3 bikers each, did about 2 damage or so to his Land Speeder, 2 damage to his Stormfang, killed 3 of his Scouts. He still had a bunch of Wulfen in his Stormfang and a bunch of Deep Striking units, so I doubted he was out of the game. But he had to leave, and he didn't even get to attack back. Oh boy.

The Space Wolves have brought a drop pod along with the Stormfang!
Hopefully I can get another game tomorrow and get a feel of how my new army works. I want to try this list out against a variety of xenos lists, such as Orks, Necrons, T'au, Eldar and Tyranids! I'll be looking for xenos players, so if you're one and happen to be in Minneapolis, please let me know and I'll be more than happy to test this list out against you!

Space Wolves versus Astra Militarum and Deathwatch!
Well, it seems like this list does decent against Imperium and Chaos opponents too, but I really want to play fluffy games. We'll see! For now, I'll wait for the temperature to go up so that I can spray-paint my dudes!

No comments:

Post a Comment