About My Blog

Ave Omnissiah!

Image result for adeptus mechanicus symbol

My blog is primarily my own personal fluff in the Warhammer 40,000 universe regarding the Draconis system such as the Knight House Yato in Ryusei, their Household Militia, the Draconian Defenders, and the Forge World of Draconis IV with its Adeptus Mechanicus priesthood, Cybernetica cohorts and Skitarii legions, and the Titan Legion, Legio Draconis, known as the Dark Dragons.

Featured Post

Retrospective: Imperial Knights

Today, we're going to a Retrospective on...Imperial Knights! I mean, this is primarily an Imperial Knight blog, so obviously if I'm ...

Thursday, July 23, 2020

Darktide!

Remember when there was a time when I was talking about how I wanted to see a shooter game where you play as an Imperial Guardsman? Okay, I know I was ripping off Titanfall by suggesting you get a Knight at the end, but we all know that was never going to happen.

Fortunately, we have Darktide!


This is...amazing. It looks absolutely amazing. I want this. I am a big fan of horror shooter games - probably nobody knows this because I have never written about this in my blog, but I love Doom 3, I love the Dead Space franchise (well, the third game fell a little flat for me), I enjoyed the Resident Evil remakes, my favorite game (and probably first ever game I have ever played) was the Aliens versus Predator franchise, which began from Gold Edition by Rebellion, included Sierra/Monolith's Aliens versus Predator 2 and the Marine campaign in the third game. Oh, and Alien: Isolation was absolutely amazing. Well, I only ever enjoyed the Marine campaign, was not a big fan of playing the Alien or the Predator campaigns. For reasons I won't go into, I didn't like Aliens: Colonial Marines (particularly when you spend most of the game shooting at Weyland-Yutani Corporation mercenaries instead of, you know, xenos), but by and large I love horror shooters.

And now we have Darktide. I want to play it. I can't wait to play it. Hooray! We'll see how it goes, but from what I've seen so far, it looks promising. You get to play as a Guardsman! And we get plasma guns! I want that plasma gun! WOOHOO! This is going to be awesome!

Sorry for getting hyped, but this is a dream come true for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment