About My Blog

Ave Omnissiah!

Image result for adeptus mechanicus symbol

My blog is primarily my own personal fluff in the Warhammer 40,000 universe regarding the Draconis system such as the Knight House Yato in Ryusei, their Household Militia, the Draconian Defenders, and the Forge World of Draconis IV with its Adeptus Mechanicus priesthood, Cybernetica cohorts and Skitarii legions, and the Titan Legion, Legio Draconis, known as the Dark Dragons.

Featured Post

Retrospective: Imperial Knights

Today, we're going to a Retrospective on...Imperial Knights! I mean, this is primarily an Imperial Knight blog, so obviously if I'm ...

Monday, March 30, 2020

Engine War - Requisition Approved

WOOHOO! We've got news on Engine War! Plus a new trailer! You can watch the stuff at Warhammer Community.

Apparently the story of Engine War follows the exploits of Tech-priest Dominus Kroll. His reclamation fleet arrived at Ordex-Thaag, a former forge world under the jurisdiction of the Martian Empire. He deploys the Skitarii Legions and Knights of House Terryn (why not House Taranis? That makes no sense - isn't Kroll's reclamation fleet straight from Mars?) to cleanse the planet in the name of the Omnissiah. Apparently it has been infested by Daemons and subverted to manufacture hideous Daemon engines and blaphemous machines. Now, Kroll and his Skitarii Legions and the Knights allied to him shall exterminate the Ruinous Powers with extreme prejudice. There is also mention of the Varlian Device, not just in the trailer but also in this short story. What exactly does the Varlian Device do? Is it a geller bomb in the vein of Skitarius and Tech-priest by Rob Sanders, where it throws all the hordes of Chaos back into the Warp? I guess we'll find out.

Anyway, we have new units. First, we have the Sterylizors, who are winged Sicarians with flamethrowers.



And then we have Skystalkers, who shoot from a distance with their flechette carbines.



Admittedly I'm not a big fan of these models so I'm not going to buy these. For now.

We are also getting the Archaeopter, which has three variants! The Transvector is an aerial transport craft, much like the Valkyrie assault carrier.



Then you have the Fusilave, which is the bomber variant. Apparently the bombs can penetrate the grounds and are tectomagnic (whatever that means). Causes seismic shock waves, so I assume it will affect movement, advance and charge rolls. Maybe half them or cause a penalty. Cool, I guess?



And finally you will have the Stratoraptor, which has twin heavy phosphor blaasters. Though why would you take that when we already have Kastelan robots, I have no idea. As much as it reviles me to admit it, with Kastelan robots and their Protector protocols around, there is little point in installing phosphor weaponry on any other vehicle. Oh well. We'll see. It still looks cool, though. I'll be getting one just because I like the model, and I always wanted a Skitarii flyer anyway. I was hoping for anti-tank stuff, but hey, whatever works. Well, it also depends on my budget. If I can't afford it (because of the stupid Corvid19), then I won't buy it. I plan on buying 3 boxes of Skitarii cavalry anyway, so there's where my Warhammer 40,000 funds will go to. In addition to the Collector's Edition of Engine War.



We also have new Skitarii cavalry, which are the ones I'm most looking forward to! I want these! They are Serberys cavalry, and the Skitarii Ranger version is the Raiders, who are fast-moving scouts. Apparently they outflank enemies, though unless they have better weapons than galvanic rifles, I'm not sure what exactly they hope to achieve. We'll find out!



Then you have the Skitarii Vanguard version, which is the Sulphurhounds. They breathe fire. Enough said. I want these guys. Right now. GIVE THEM TO ME! NOW!!!! In addition to fire-breathing steeds, they seem armed with phosphor blast pistols. Nice! Now that's pretty neat!



Warhammer Community promises to preview their rules soon, so I can't wait for that! WOOHOO! I'll post again when I see more news (though, given how I'm just repeating whatever Warhammer Community posts, I see little point in this...).

No comments:

Post a Comment