About My Blog

Ave Omnissiah!

Image result for adeptus mechanicus symbol

My blog is primarily my own personal fluff in the Warhammer 40,000 universe regarding the Draconis system such as the Knight House Yato in Ryusei, their Household Militia, the Draconian Defenders, and the Forge World of Draconis IV with its Adeptus Mechanicus priesthood, Cybernetica cohorts and Skitarii legions, and the Titan Legion, Legio Draconis, known as the Dark Dragons.

Featured Post

Retrospective: Imperial Knights

Today, we're going to a Retrospective on...Imperial Knights! I mean, this is primarily an Imperial Knight blog, so obviously if I'm ...

Tuesday, March 31, 2020

The Defence of Ryza

Warhammer Community has posted in their monthly Engine Kill series (I really wish it was weekly, but oh well) about the much awaited The Defence of Ryza!



Funnily enough, I've read the Horus Heresy books and I honestly can't find much on Ryza. It has been mentioned a lot - and no wonder, because Ryza is truly one of the most influential and powerful forge worlds in the Martian Mechanicum (second only to Mars). Hell, even my forge world of Draconis IV stole their plasma technology and attempted to emulate them because...you know, plasma. I love plasma weapons. That aside, we are going to help defend Ryza because we are staunch allies of Ryza, not just because we share the same love for plasma weaponry, but because we are devoted loyalists to the Omnissiah. But with so little details on the Ryza campaign available, I have no idea what the story behind Ryza was. None of the Horus Heresy novels or the Horus Heresy campaign books by Forge World ever mentioned an attack on Ryza, or a war on Ryza. The only Ryza lore I can find are the two gigantic Waaaghs! that hit us in the 41st millennium, and that they provide most of the plasma technology in the Imperium (again, Draconis IV learned or stole or bought those plasma technology and devoted their forges to producing the same sort of plasma weapons and vehicles like Leman Russ Executioner tanks and Stormblades, as well as the Sunfury plasma annihilators mounted atop the Dark Dragons' Warlord Titans). Nothing on Ryza during the Horus Heresy, other than they provided Mechanicum armies and Titan Legions (Legio Crucius, the Warmongers in particular) to support and reinforce the Loyalists. Strange.

Apparently the story is about Ryza being under siege by the Dark Mechanicum because they also covet the plasma technology and War Engines on Ryza, and they wish to add those powerful stuff to the Warmaster's forces. I say screw Horus, but then again I'm a blind, deluded Loyalist, so whatever.



So we have 4 new Titan Legions, 2 for each side, and then Legio Crucius and Legio Mortis reprinted in here because Ryza is obviously the homeworld for Legio Crucius. So we have Legio Osedax and Legio Honorum joining the Loyalists, and Legio Magna and Legio Vulturum joining the filthy traitors of the Dark Mechanicum and Horus.




But what I'm most interested in are the Create your own Titan Legion rules! I used the ones in the White Dwarf, mostly...and as everyone knows, you can't Create your own Titan Legion rules without relying on Elite Magos.



Yup...they nerfed it. In the past, it was an additional dice during the Damage Control phase, but now it's just a single re-roll. Oh well...better than nothing.

Also, instead of there being two Factions (Loyalist and Traitor), we now have a third, called Blackshields. They are neither Loyalist nor Traitor, and do not fight for either Horus or the Emperor, and instead fight for freedom, survival, or to carve out an empire of their own. Huh? Okay...I guess they are bringing the Blackshields from Horus Heresy in (the Legione Astartes who decided to side with neither the Emperor nor Horus). Oh, well...



The Defence of Ryza promises us 16 Titan Legion Traits, 15 Stratagems and 21 wargear choices. That really expands upon what we had in the White Dwarf issue! Cool! You can take four of any of these rules, with a maximum of up to 2 from each category (so 2 Legion Traits and 2 wargear choices, for example - you can't take 3 Legion Traits!).

We also have new Maniples, rules for Knight Allegiances (finally!), Battle Standards, additional Houses and new Stratagems. I don't know if we'll get any new Stratagems for Knights, though, but I certainly hope so!

Oh, and they gave us a PDF to design our own heraldry. Why would I do that? I already designed my own. You know how my Titan Legion looks like.


And my Knight House as well, for that matter. House Yato is basically the allied Knight House of Legio Draconis (the Dark Dragons), so we share the same color scheme. Okay, I'm too lazy to think of an alternative color scheme, and let's be serious, I like my black and gold paint scheme, so why would I change it? Anyway, I look forward to creating my own Legio rules (even if I play a Knight Household Army) and we'll see what happens in the future! I'm definitely looking forward to the new Cerastus Knights!

My Titan Legion might have very few Titans, but what few we have are extremely powerful, because the majority are all Warlord Titans! If they ever come up with an Imperator Titan, I'll definitely buy it. Still waiting on the Psi-Titan, but...we'll see. I don't know how to fit that guy in my list, so...oh well. We'll see. But I' definitely getting the Imperator Titan if it ever is released!

No comments:

Post a Comment