About My Blog

Ave Omnissiah!

Image result for adeptus mechanicus symbol

My blog is primarily my own personal fluff in the Warhammer 40,000 universe regarding the Draconis system such as the Knight House Yato in Ryusei, their Household Militia, the Draconian Defenders, and the Forge World of Draconis IV with its Adeptus Mechanicus priesthood, Cybernetica cohorts and Skitarii legions, and the Titan Legion, Legio Draconis, known as the Dark Dragons.

Featured Post

Retrospective: Imperial Knights

Today, we're going to a Retrospective on...Imperial Knights! I mean, this is primarily an Imperial Knight blog, so obviously if I'm ...

Sunday, November 12, 2017

Triple Battle Reports

Phew, I actually managed to play three games yesterday! I was so caught up that I didn't take any pictures, so whoops. Anyway, moving on.

For all three games, I used the same Imperial Guard list, which is:

Draconian (Cadian) Spearhead Detachment
Tank Commander (Leman Russ Executioner with lascannon and plasma cannons) 237
Leman Russ Executioner with lascannon and plasma cannons 192
Leman Russ Annihilator with lascannon and plasma cannons 222
Heavy weapons squad with lascannons 78
Command squad with 4 plasma guns 76
Total: 805, 1 Command Point

Draconian (Cadian) Supreme Command
Company Commander 30
Company Commander with bolt pistol (Warlord with Grand Strategist Trait) 31
Command squad with 4 plasma guns 76
Primaris Psyker 40
Shadowsword 472
Total: 649, 1 Command Point

Kamikaze Troopers (Militarum Tempestus) Vanguard Detachment
Tempestor Prime with Tempestus command rod 40
Tempestor Prime with Tempestus command rod 40
Tempestus command squad with 4 plasma guns 88
Tempestus command squad with 4 plasma guns 88
Taurox Prime 97
Officer of the fleet 25
Valkyrie 168
Total: 546, 1 Command Point

Grand total: 2,000, 6 Command Points

Battle Report 1

My first opponent brought Space Wolves with Longfangs, 3 squads of Blood Claws, a squad of Wulfen, a Terminator squad, Wolf Guard, a Stormfang, Ulric the something-slayer, and another Character. I can't remember, but I know he had 3 HQs in total or something? Well, it didn't matter. For this battle, I decided to take the Banehammer version of my Shadowsword because my opponent had no titanic units so it would be pointless bringing a Shadowsword anyway.

The objective was to secure...well, 3 objective markers, with 1 on the middle. By turn 5, whoever controlled more objectives won the game, but if anyone controlled all 3 objective markers by the end of their turn, they win immediately.

My opponent started first, and he moved all his Blood Claws and Wulfen onward. He assaulted my lead Leman Russ Executioner tank and badly mauled him, leaving him with a couple of wounds. His Stormfang flew past and raked my Banehammer with several shots, along with the Longfangs, taking 12 wounds off the poor guy.

Next, during my turn, I had my poor Leman Russ Executioner fall back, and Deep Struck my Kamikaze Troopers right behind the Longfangs, who were holding my opponent's objective. I also disembarked my Officer of the fleet 2 plasma command squads and the company commander from my Valkyrie, who went into hover mode and did not move at all so as to gain the benefit of roving gunship. Combined with the incredible firepower from my Banehammer, my Valkyrie, plasma command squads, and all my tanks, I managed to wipe out the first Blood Claw squad as well as a Wulfen squad or something. The lascannon heavy weapon squad took potshots at the hard to hit Stormfang and put some wounds on him. The Kamikaze Troopers Deep Struck behind the Longfangs, who were holding my opponent's objective, and vaporized them in short order with their plasma guns. However, his Terminator squad with their stormshields held strong and survived the plasma barrage. And my new Leman Russ Annihilator whiffed his shots. Ouch.

My opponent retaliated by taking out a lascannon team or two, and put more wounds on my Banehammer. He moved his third Blood Claws squad back toward my Kamikaze Troopers, while his Terminators and second Blood Claws moved toward my Banehammer and charged him. If I'm not mistaken, I actually killed one or two under the adamantium tracks of my Banehammer in combat. I did lose quite a few of my plasma command squads, though. The Banehammer lost a few more wounds, unfortuantely, bringing him down to 12 or so, I think. He failed to kill my warlord Company Commander despite killing all the plasma command squads. His Blood Claws charged, ate a few shots from overwatch and lost 2 or 3 of their number, and failed their charge.

Fortunately, my Banehammer could shoot in close combat, and he erased the Blood Claws locked in combat with him via his triple twin heavy bolters. He then obliterated the Termminators with his Tremor cannon. I tried shooting at the Stormfang and brought it down to 4 wounds or so, if I remember correctly, but it survived. My Kamikaze Troopers moved and one of the command squads advanced to capture my opponent's objective, so I ordered them, "Forwards, for the Emperor!" to shoot the Blood Claws, while the 2nd command squad took aim and between the two of them, they wiped out the 3rd Blood Claws. Meanwhile, my Tank Commander had moved forward and advanced into the center objective, while I had 2 tanks holding my objective. Even though my opponent had 3 HQ Characters sitting on the center objective, my Tank Commander captured the objective by himself, by virtue of being a Leman Russ tank and benefiting from the Objective Secured rule Leman Russ tanks get from being in a Spearhead Detachment. Defenders of Humanity, hell yeah! Whoever gave our Leman Russ tanks Objective Secured and thought of the Defenders of Humanity rule is a genius! WOOHOO! For the Emperor! For Draconis!

And since I controlled all 3 objectives by the end of that turn, I won the game. No, seriously. I immediately won because I controlled all 3 objectives. YAY! Baptism of fire for my new Imperial Guard army, and they wrecked my opponent! By the end of turn 2, he only had a single Stormfang and 3 HQ Characters left on the table. I could have tabled him if I decided to continue to the next turn instead of winning the game immediately, but...yeah, I'm not a risk taker, and I don't like toying with my opponents like that.

Battle Report 2

My next opponent brought Dark Angels along with an Imperial Knight. Finally, a chance to use my Shadowsword! Or so I thought...

Anyway, I think he brought a Venerable Dreadnought, Belial and Deathwing Terminators, a Predator with autocannons and two lascannons, a Razorback with twin lascannons, 3 tactical squads, 3 Bikers, a Company Ancient and the Imperial Knight. The objective was supply cache.

I was lucky because I managed to get first turn and my opponent failed to seize the initiative. So I basically unloaded my lascannon teams into the Imperial Knight, and did a couple of wounds. I also fired my Shadowsword...only to fluff his lascannon shots, and my opponent made a few of his ion shield saves, so only one hit got through. I rolled 2D6 and I think I only took 13 wounds off his Imperial Knight in total. Meanwhile, my plasma command squads had disembarked from my Valkyrie and unloaded their plasma guns into the Deathwing Terminators, killing them and Belial. Before that, I actually put one mortal wound on them with my Primaris Psyker. Ouch. The Leman Russ tanks fired, with the Annihilator fluffing most of his shots and putting one or two wounds on the Razorback, while I managed to put quite a few wounds on the Predator while killing a bunch of Space Marines with my plasma cannons. My Kamikaze Troopers wiped out the bikers and 1 tactical squad with their plasma guns. Holy Terra! That was brutal.

My opponent then moved his Imperial Knight forward and fired, but because he was wounded, he couldn't do as much damage. I think he put 12 wounds on my Shadowsword or something, and his Predator and Dreadnought put a few more, bringing him down to 12 wounds out of 26 or something. Or less. He also killed two of my lascannon teams with his Knight. He killed a plasma command squad, but that's all he could do, I think. It turned out the supply cache was the one where his Terminators were.

In my next turn, I killed the Razorback and Predator with my Leman Russ tanks, and between my remaining plasma squad and Valkyrie (and several of the plasma cannons on my Leman Russ tanks), I wiped out the remaining two tactical squads. My surviving lascannon team fired on the Knight and put a few wounds on him, but despite my Shadowsword firing, I couldn't finish off the injured Knight, and he only had 1 wound left. At the back, my 2 Kamikaze command squads destroyed the Dreadnought with their overcharged plasma guns, and his explosion blew up the Company Ancient, dealing at least 3 mortal wounds to him. So I essentially tabled my opponent on the second turn because he only had a single Knight on one wound left on the table.

But he had nothing to lose, so my opponent put a few more wounds on my Shadowsword, bringing him down to 4 wounds. And then he charged, but he was out of range of my Shadowsword, so he charged my Tank Commander Leman Russ Executioner instead. Using Defensive Gunners Stratagem, I managed to put a few wounds on him and killed the Knight in overwatch. That's right. What my Shadowsword failed to do in 2 turns, my Leman Russ Executioner succeeded in overwatch. With his plasma cannons. No, seriously.

With my guys grabbing the supply cache, and my opponent being tabled by the end of his second turn, I won an overwhelming victory.

Battle Report 3

Alas, that winning streak was not going to last, and I finally found myself truly tested against an opponent of superior quality. The Tau guy I've always been losing to. Having gotten used to my list after a couple of games, I held some hope that I could finally beat him, but I got crushed instead.

My opponent went first, and between his Stormsurge's Destroyer missiles and Deep Striking Crisis Commanders with 4 fusion blasters, he took out my Shadowsword before he could fire a single shot. Holy Terra...! He wounded two of my tanks, putting 5 wounds each on my Leman Russ Executioner and Tank Commander while my Leman Russ Annihilator only took one wound. He killed my lascannon heavy weapons squad with all his Fire Warrior Breachers and Strikers. UGH!

I then Deep Struck my Kamikaze Troopers behind his Stormsurge, brought my Valkyrie there to disembark my troops via grav-chute, and unloaded everything I had into killing his Stormsurge. I succeeded in doing that, and had my Taurox Prime kill the Breachers out in the open, while my tank commander killed one of the Crisis Commanders.

It was unfortunate, but in the next turn, my opponent killed 2 of my tanks including my tank commander, charged the last one, then killed a huge chunk of my infantry with his Crisis suits and Fire Warriors. My 2 Kamikaze trooper command squads only had 2 guys left each, and I lost one plasma command squad. Since the objective was burn and pillage, I had to try and salvage something. I killed his Pathfinders and burned and pillaged that objective with my command squad and warlord company commander, while my officer of the fleet took another burn and pillage objective. It was unfortunate, but I couldn't do anything else, and could only watch helplessly as he wiped out the rest of my command squads, destroy my Taurox Prime, and that was it. I only had a couple of company commanders and a Valkyrie left on the table, but it was moot because he had burned and pillaged all 3 of my objectives, winning him the game. That was a crushing defeat.

Oh well. I'll try again next week with my augmented Draconian list (the ones using the Catachan regimental doctrine). Hopefully they will have much better luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment