About My Blog

Ave Omnissiah!

Image result for adeptus mechanicus symbol

My blog is primarily my own personal fluff in the Warhammer 40,000 universe regarding the Draconis system such as the Knight House Yato in Ryusei, their Household Militia, the Draconian Defenders, and the Forge World of Draconis IV with its Adeptus Mechanicus priesthood, Cybernetica cohorts and Skitarii legions, and the Titan Legion, Legio Draconis, known as the Dark Dragons.

Featured Post

Retrospective: Imperial Knights

Today, we're going to a Retrospective on...Imperial Knights! I mean, this is primarily an Imperial Knight blog, so obviously if I'm ...

Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Chapter Approved for Imperial Knights!

Knightly Houses of the Imperium! Looks like we'll be getting new rules in this year's Chapter Approved!

Warhammer Community has posted a preview on new faction rules, and it looks like we're going to benefit from them!


Funnily enough I don't see Ynnari here, so I suspect they have been subsumed under Craftworld Eldar or something. Huh. Oh, and nothing on the Inquisition either. It'll feel weird taking an Inquisitor in my Imperial Guard Detachment, only to lose my Regimental Doctrines, but whatever. Additionally nothing for Assassins, so you probably should just take them in a Vanguard Detachment with an Inquisitor.

Anyway, who cares about that? We're all here for the Imperial Knights! I can't wait! Just read this extract from the preview:

Meanwhile, if you’re looking for a particularly novel Warlord for your army, why not choose an Imperial Knight? Take a super-heavy detachment made purely of Questor Mechanicus or Questor Imperialis units – that’s Imperial Knights and Adeptus Mechanicus Knights to you and me – and one of them can be your warlord, allowing them to take a trait, and perhaps more importantly, the brutal Ravager relic:


Sounds awesome! I'm definitely going to make my Imperial Knight the Warlord (hopefully the Warlord Trait allows me to add one to my ion shield saves or something) and giving him the Ravager! The reduced AP sort of hurts, but it's better than nothing since I always roll ones for my melee rolls. Ugh. This might be useful for me, especially against other Knights and Land Raiders.

And there are hints of point changes, so maybe our Knights will be cheaper? That will be a welcome addition because I can hardly take a Battalion Detachment with my Imperial Knights. Probably a Draconian infantry Battalion, and I can't take any tanks. :(

Speaking of which, I'm trying to get Basilisks but they seem to be "temporarily" out of stock on the Games Workshop webstore. Huh. Well, I'll wait for the email, but I think I'll need those for my combined Draconian-House Yato forces. For now I'll continue playing with the Shadowsword, but one day I want to bring my Knights back into action!

No comments:

Post a Comment