About My Blog

Ave Omnissiah!

Image result for adeptus mechanicus symbol

My blog is primarily my own personal fluff in the Warhammer 40,000 universe regarding the Draconis system such as the Knight House Yato in Ryusei, their Household Militia, the Draconian Defenders, and the Forge World of Draconis IV with its Adeptus Mechanicus priesthood, Cybernetica cohorts and Skitarii legions, and the Titan Legion, Legio Draconis, known as the Dark Dragons.

Featured Post

Retrospective: Imperial Knights

Today, we're going to a Retrospective on...Imperial Knights! I mean, this is primarily an Imperial Knight blog, so obviously if I'm ...

Monday, June 5, 2017

Experimental 8th Edition lists

I've been trying to experiment with several lists after all the leaks and whatever, and I have no idea what to do. What seems clear is that I probably will be selling almost all my models.

My Leman Russ Punisher tanks and Chimera APCs, probably will go. All my infantry, like Company Commander, Command Squad and Veterans will go. I'll probably sell my Skitarii and Adeptus Mechanicus army, probably just keep the Tech-priest Dominus and my Vanguard, and even Rangers, but everyone will go. Hmm, I might keep my Onager Dunecrawlers, but I'll have to get rid of the Ironstrider Ballistarii, Sicarian Infiltrators, Sicarian Ruststalkers, Kataphron Destroyers and Kastelan robots. They don't fit inside my list anymore, not when there's no more War Convocation.

Ouch.

The only models I'll keep for sure are my Imperial Knights, my Leman Russ Battle Tank, Tech-priest Enginseers, my Leman Russ Executioners and my Storrmtroopers. I'll be getting the Forge World book for Astra Militarum forces, so I'll keep my Vendetta gunships for now to see if I can still field my Kamikaze Troopers. Since they're there, I'll keep the Taurox Primes but I don't think I'll ever use them. I might actually sell my Knight Warden, but we'll see. I'll definitely keep my Banesword, I'll be converting it into a Banesword.

If I sell them off, I'll have to buy 2 new Baneblades (I'll be using the Shadowsword and Banesword variants), and a new squad of stormtroopers.
Image result for militarum tempestus scions

So basically my Kamikaze Troopers are my new Skitarii. According to my fluff, anyway. Instead of using Skitarii Vanguard and rad carbines, the Kamikaze Troopers are augmented soldiers with hot-shot lasguns and hot-shot volley guns, and in many cases, plasma guns.

So basically I have an Imperial Knight super-heavy Detachment and a Militarum Tempestus Battalion Detachment.

Imperial Knights Super-heavy Detachment

Knight Crusader 320+95 (Avenger Gatling cannon) +17 (heavy flamer) +2x4 (heavy stubbers) +100 (rapid-fire battle cannon) +45 (Stormspear rocket pod) = 585

Knight Paladin 320+30 (Reaper chainsword) +2x4 (heavy stubbers) +100 (rapid-fire battle cannon) +45 (Stormspear rocket pod) = 503

Knight Errant 320+30 (Reaper chainsword) +4 (heavy stubber) +76 (thermal cannon) +30 (Icarus autocannons) = 460


Total: 1,548


Then I'll throw in a Battalion Detachment for my Kamikaze Troopers.

Battalion Detachment

Tempestor Prime 40+5 (plasma pistol) = 45

Tempestor Prime 40+1 (bolt pistol) = 41

Militarum Tempestus Command Squad 4x[9+7 (plasma gun)] = 4x16=64

Militarum Tempestus Command Squad 4x[9+7 (plasma gun)] = 4x16=64

Militarum Tempestus Scions 9+1+9x(9+1) = 10+90 =100

Militarum Tempestus Scions 9+1+2x(9+1)+2x(9+9) (hot-shot volley guns) = 10+20+36 = 66

Militarum Tempestus Scions 9+1+2x(9+1)+2x(9+9) (hot-shot volley guns) = 10+20+36 = 66

Total: 446


So that comes to about 1,994 points, allowing me to play a 2,000-point game.

This will net me 6 additional Command Points. Cool.

The alternative is to field 2 Baneswords and 1 Shadowsword, plus a Spearhead Detachment for my all-tank company.

Super-heavy Detachment

Banesword 390+ 20x2 (lascannons) + 14x2 (twin heavy bolter) = 390+40+28 = 458

Shadowsword 430
Banesword 390

Total: 1,278

Image result for emperor's fury super heavy company

And then a Spearhead Detachment for my remaining tanks.

Spearhead Detachment

Tank Commander 167+22 (Battle Cannon)+ 8 (heavy bolter)+ 2x17 (heavy flamer) = 231

Leman Russ Demolisher 132+20 (Executioner plasma cannon)+ 2x15 (plasma cannons)+ 20 (lascannon) = 202

Leman Russ Demolisher 132+20 (Executioner plasma cannon)+ 2x15 (plasma cannons)+ 8 (heavy bolter) = 190

Wyvern 85+8 (heavy bolter) = 93

Total: 716


Again, a total of 994 points. But I'll sell the rest of my armies for funds to get a Wyvern and 2 Baneblades. Or something. I have no idea. I might not even get this, I mean, it's too costly, to be honest. Anyway, we shall see. I won't do anything yet until I see what Forge World has for my Kamikaze Troopers.

6 comments:

  1. Don’t forget that if your army list is ‘Battle-forged’ you get an additional 3 Command Points.

    So, your Super-Heavy detachment is 3 CP’s, plus Battalion Detachment 3 CP’s, plus 3 for being Battle-forged = 9 CP’s.

    You probably already know some figures give more CP’s too, like Creed gives 2 CP’s and Guilliman gives 3 CP’s.

    The ‘Supreme Command Detachment’ is interesting, having 3-5 HQ’s, 0-1 Elites & 0-1 Lord of War, meaning you could squeeze another Super Heavy in here, and it still gives 1 CP.

    Don’t forget about the ‘Super-Heavy Auxiliary Detachment’ either. It’s a single Lord of War choice with no restrictions, meaning it could be from a different faction. It gives no CP’s but could be nice for example to add an Imperial Knight into an Imperial themed list if you were already using a Super-Heavy detachment for your 3 Baneswords/Shadowswords.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the suggestion! Yeah, that's very true. I'm trying to tweak my list and see what I can come up with.

      Delete
  2. Hey, same here! Just don’t sell anything off yet until you are sure about it ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All right then! I'll just keep hold of them and wait until August.

      Delete
  3. I really wouldn't!!

    Punishers are the best Russ now. Battle Tanks are a distant second.

    Basic Guard infantry are really good.

    Knights are very over-costed.

    Basically you are selling the wrong half of your stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why are Punishers the best Russ? With BS3, half their 20 shots are going to miss. Unless I take them as Tank Commanders, which...I don't know if it's worth it. Furthermore, the new tank orders actually benefit Leman Russ Executioners. A lot. Re-rolling 1s to hit really mitigates the supercharged damage on the Leman Russ Executioners' plasma weapons.

      That doesn't seem to affect Punishers at all. Not to mention, their extremely short range 24" means I've to move them up to shoot, and so all my heavy bolters will be suffering the -1 BS penalty whereas I don't necessarily have to move my Executioners because 12" makes a lot of difference.

      Delete