About My Blog

Ave Omnissiah!

Image result for adeptus mechanicus symbol

My blog is primarily my own personal fluff in the Warhammer 40,000 universe regarding the Draconis system such as the Knight House Yato in Ryusei, their Household Militia, the Draconian Defenders, and the Forge World of Draconis IV with its Adeptus Mechanicus priesthood, Cybernetica cohorts and Skitarii legions, and the Titan Legion, Legio Draconis, known as the Dark Dragons.

Featured Post

Retrospective: Imperial Knights

Today, we're going to a Retrospective on...Imperial Knights! I mean, this is primarily an Imperial Knight blog, so obviously if I'm ...

Saturday, December 17, 2016

Titanicus Limited Edition and Baneblade/Shadowsword wallpapers

Recently there was a Black Library announcement that March 2017 is the month of Titans, with the Limited Edition of Titanicus being released.

Titanicus (Limited Edition) costs $50, however, almost 5 times the original novel (or eBook). This got me curious, so I sent an email querying about what the Limited Edition has. This is the reply I received from Black Library:

"Thank you for your email. The Limited edition version of Titanicus is a numbered hardback book, with new cover and case as per our usual Limited edition book products. There is no additional content over the original one."

So if you're thinking of picking up the Limited Edition, take note there's nothing other than the new numbered hardback cover with no additional content. That new numbered hardback cover alone costs almost $40. Use your own discretion as to whether you think it's worth it - I don't make judgements and it's your money. I've already chosen how I want to spend mine.

Speaking of which, I'm picking up all of Guy Haley's Imperial Guard superheavy tanks novels. I already possess Baneblade, but I'll buy a digital copy to complete the collection anyway. I'm planning on getting Shadowsword, Stormlord and Iron Harvest at one shot, but it's not so bad because the last 2 are short stories and not full-on novels like Baneblade and Shadowsword. Speaking of which, if you buy the hardback copies of Baneblade and Shadowsword, you'll receive free digital wallpapers.

It's unfortunate, because if you're buying the eBooks like I am for my Kindle, you will not receive the same free digital wallpapers, and the wallpapers themselves aren't on sale like the others. I asked about this as well and this is the reply I received:

"The wallpapers in question are only available as part of the physical product purchases rather than the ebook ones. This may change in the future, but does feature in our current plans."

So yeah, I'll keep a lookout for those wallpapers. Oh well...

Anyway, I'm going to praise Black Library for their near instantaenous response. They took only 11 hours and 30 minutes to reply. That's awesome customer service for you.

I've already written book reviews for Titanicus and Baneblade, so check those out if you're interested and buy those books if you're convinced by me to buy them. As for me, instead of splashing $50 on the Limited Edition, I'm buying Ciaphas Cain: The Complete Story, Ahriman Collection, Sabbat Worlds: The Digital CollectionBaneblade, Shadowsword, Stormlord, Iron Harvest, The Razing of Prospero, Gates of the Devourer, and Of Gods and Men. So nope, it looks like I'm not buying any Rubric Marines or Scarab Occult Terminators this year, and instead of battle reports I'll be focusing on book reviews. Sorry about that, but I don't have the cash for so much stuff. Ugh. And I like the narrative more anyway (plus I don't have the means of transport to the nearest gaming place).

So look forward to the book reviews. I won't get to reading any of them until after Christmas, or next week at the earliest, so...yeah. I ask for your patience. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment