About My Blog

Ave Omnissiah!

Image result for adeptus mechanicus symbol

My blog is primarily my own personal fluff in the Warhammer 40,000 universe regarding the Draconis system such as the Knight House Yato in Ryusei, their Household Militia, the Draconian Defenders, and the Forge World of Draconis IV with its Adeptus Mechanicus priesthood, Cybernetica cohorts and Skitarii legions, and the Titan Legion, Legio Draconis, known as the Dark Dragons.

Featured Post

Retrospective: Imperial Knights

Today, we're going to a Retrospective on...Imperial Knights! I mean, this is primarily an Imperial Knight blog, so obviously if I'm ...

Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Forge World Price Increases for Mechanicum models

While trying to build a Mechanicum list based off the Mechanicum: Taghmata Army List I recently received by post, I noticed that most of the models on Forge World had a price increase. The Cybernetica Battlegroup, which formerly costed 269 pounds, is now 280 British pounds, and the Thanatar's cost has been bumped from 70 to 72.

They are not alone.

Apparently the price hike is throughout all the resin models on Forge World. Meaning I'm pretty much screwed. Oh well. In any case I am unable to purchase anything from Forge World this month because my funds are all channeled into graduate school applications. Which will further hurt when I receive rejection letters after paying about a hundred US Dollars for EACH institution I applied for. I'll try, it'll be stupid to give up before I even try.

Another thing that's causing me to hesitate to buy Forge World models is their lack of customizable options. Yes, they are expensive, but if I buy one model a month, I can probably afford it and build a 2,000-point Mechanicum army in about 7 or 8 months. I'm a patient guy, I can wait that long, and besides I already have an Adeptus Mechanicus War Convocation and a standard Imperial Guard armored army to play with. I'm in no rush to get the Mechanicum models. However, the price raise still hurts, especially when I have to convert British pounds into Signapore dollars.

The thing, though, is the lack of customization. If I want a Magos Dominus with a Photon Thruster, I need to buy three Thallax with Photon Thrusters and sacrifice one of them to give my Dominus the photon thruster. Well, a swap is possible, just give the guy a rad cleanser. But what am I going to do with the Thallax? I won't be using them, not when I'm planning to build a Legio Cybernetica army. And I can't build Castellax with siege wreckers unless I convert. And if I want the battle-automata power blades, I need to buy the Castellax with multi-meltas, another with Darkfire cannon, and swap it out, leaving an extra Castellax I won't be using. Sigh.

Worse, there are rumors of plastic models coming out for the whole Horus Heresy series - I read somewhere that the whole resin line will be replaced with plastic by 2017. Now it's just a rumor and I will take it with a pinch of salt, but can you imagine buying resin and converting them, only to have the cheaper and more customizable plastic models be released a few months later? I'll feel like killing somebody if that happens.

Anyway, here's a rundown of the price increase for Mechanicum models:

Magos Dominus with rad-cleanser - 20.50 pounds to 21 pounds

Titan Tech Priest - 12.50 pounds to 13 pounds

Thallax (all variants) - 29 pounds to 30 pounds

Castellax (all variants) - 37 pounds to 38 pounds

Vorax - 48 pounds to 49 pounds

Mechanicum Krios Battle Tank/Venator - 70 pounds to 72 pounds

Thanatar (both variants) - 70 pounds to 72 pounds

Mechanicum Triaros Armored Conveyor - 86 pounds (I think) - 88 pounds

Questoris Knights (both variants) - 110 pounds to 115 pounds

Cerastus Knights (all variants) - 170 pounds to 175 pounds

Cybernetica Battlegroup - 269 pounds to 280 pounds

The Myrmidions and Tech-Thralls do not seem to be affected by the price increase, remaining at 38 pounds and 35 pounds respectively, and I forgot what's the original price of the Archmagos with Abeyant so I don't know if it had a price hike. The Urusax, Domitar and other models don't have Forge World releases yet so I don't know. The Magos Macrotek Enginseer with Servo-automata also remained at 45 poiunds, so no change there.

Anyway, this list is for Mechanicum fans, or players thinking of starting a Mechanicum army. There are price increases abound! I hope this helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment