About My Blog

Ave Omnissiah!

Image result for adeptus mechanicus symbol

My blog is primarily my own personal fluff in the Warhammer 40,000 universe regarding the Draconis system such as the Knight House Yato in Ryusei, their Household Militia, the Draconian Defenders, and the Forge World of Draconis IV with its Adeptus Mechanicus priesthood, Cybernetica cohorts and Skitarii legions, and the Titan Legion, Legio Draconis, known as the Dark Dragons.

Featured Post

Retrospective: Imperial Knights

Today, we're going to a Retrospective on...Imperial Knights! I mean, this is primarily an Imperial Knight blog, so obviously if I'm ...

Saturday, October 3, 2015

Stuff

The next chapter for War Convocation is up, and it features the Necrons! I thought it would be fun to have the Skitarii and Necrons fight against each other, two similarly themed but wildly different armies clashing in cold, ruthless machine-like efficiency. That would be a great scene, and I'll attempt to do it justice. Unfortunately, being the horrible writer that I am, I'll most likely fail and fall short. You do realize I'm not a writer for the Black Library, right? Yeah, it's because of my lack of skills and talent (or whatever).

Still, I'm not going to give up. For the Emperor!

I've also made a few changes to my Mech list, which is reflected in this chapter. I'm no longer going to include a Leman Russ Demolisher. Instead, I'm swapping it out for a Valkyrie. The points fit my list perfectly, and though I'm hurting on upgrades (I really want the Grenadiers doctrine but I don't have enough points), it'll give me flexibility where I can deploy my second Veteran squad via grav-chutes on an objective and hold it with Objective Secured. Yay. I'll have 3 Wyverns, not enough to run 2 squadrons of 2 but probably will kill not just massed hordes and infantry but even Space Marines and Terminators. Sure, AP6 is going to hurt me, but with 12 twin-linked blasts and shred, I think I'll inflict enough wounds such that their armor saves won't be able to save them. I hope.

Anyway, I'll finish reading Flesh and Iron by Henry Zou soon and if I'm fast enough, I'll post the book review for it by tonight. It's tense, it's gripping and I can't just put it down despite it being so depressing and grimdark. Most of it is down to the believable characters, even the main antagonists. The secondary antagonists, on the other hand, are downright annoying. I'm talking about the cliched traitor in our midst antagonists, y'know, where in every show or movie you have at least one bastard who backstabs you when your mission is so close to completion, or how about the higher-up assholes who writes you off as expendable and kills you after you complete your mission to silence you? Yeah, those kinds of cliches. Sigh.

Anyway, more in my review later. For now I've to actually finish reading the book!

No comments:

Post a Comment