About My Blog

Ave Omnissiah!

Image result for adeptus mechanicus symbol

My blog is primarily my own personal fluff in the Warhammer 40,000 universe regarding the Draconis system such as the Knight House Yato in Ryusei, their Household Militia, the Draconian Defenders, and the Forge World of Draconis IV with its Adeptus Mechanicus priesthood, Cybernetica cohorts and Skitarii legions, and the Titan Legion, Legio Draconis, known as the Dark Dragons.

Featured Post

Retrospective: Imperial Knights

Today, we're going to a Retrospective on...Imperial Knights! I mean, this is primarily an Imperial Knight blog, so obviously if I'm ...

Thursday, February 12, 2015

The painting so far

As promised, here's the photographs of the Broadside and Riptide that I've painted. I'll pain the Hammerhead Gunship next week, and then start on the Imperial Knights after Lunar New Year. I think I'll be able to paint all of them by March......except that I'll be buying and building more stuff at the end of February so I'll end up having more stuff to paint. Oh boy.


The Broadside with the four Drones. Badly painted, but who cares?

And I managed to finish the Riptide too. Again, it's badly painted, but I don't really care.
I chose yellow, black and red because black is my favorite color. Um, and I love the color scheme for Kamen Rider's Robo-Rider mode. Childhood stuff, but anyway, yeah. This is my preferred color scheme. I'll be using a more golden color for my Imperial Knights, though.

I've changed my mind. Since I've a Hammerhead Gunship, and I'm very reluctant to buy 5 more Broadsides and build nothing but Broadsides, and I'm tempted to get more Riptides, I'm not building the Firebase Support Cadre any longer. So screw that. Instead, I'm going for Farsight Enclaves.

The story is still the same. Draconis regiments, largely comprising of Imperial Knights, are sent by an Inquisitor to steal the Battlesuits, so they ended up stealing a couple of Riptides, a couple of Broadsides, a Hammerhead Gunship and a whole lot of Crisis Suits. Well, Crisis Suits are much easier to steal, after all. Yay.

So for the real life models, I'm going to buy five Crisis Suits, one more Broadside and one more Riptide. I'll be using the Earth Caste Pilot Array to my advantage, and give my troops shield generators because I love shield generators. Thankfully, I had some Talisman of Arthas Moloch Signature System to give my Commander a psuedo shield generator (sad to see it's only a 5+ save rather than a 4+), but hey, an invulnerable save is still an invulnerable save. I'll actually be able to complete my army by March instead of April! Yay! The Gundam army is nearing completion!

After I finish the Farsight Enclaves, I'm going to have trouble deciding what to get for my Imperial Guard army. I've decided to give up on a 3rd Imperial Knight because chances are I won't be using 3 Imperial Knights for most of my matches. It'll be a complete waste of money for me to buy a 3rd Imperial Knight and then watch him collect dust in my shelf. No, I'll stick to 2 Imperial Knights and get a fuller army such as my Farsight Enclaves. I've a feeling 2 Riptides, a Hammerhead, a couple of missile Broadsides (as opposed to 6) and a bunch of shield generator Crisis suits will be awesome.

I'm open to suggestions for my Imperial Guard army, with the only demand of including a Baneblade or one of its variants (except the Stormlord - I don't really like the Stormlord). I've no idea how to build an army around a Baneblade or its variants alongside my 2 Imperial Knights. Right now, my idea is to have 2 Imperial Knights, 1 Baneblade, 2 Leman Russ Battle Tanks, 2 Veteran troops, 1 Vendetta and 1 Skyshield Landing Pad. I've 30 points left over. I can probably change the Baneblade for a Shadowsword, but after they nerfed the D weapons I'm not so sure I want a Shadowsword (unless you guys have tried it out and know D weapons are still viable in the current meta). I'll get a Shadowsword because I need it for matches with super-heavy opponents for sure, but if the opponent has no super-heavies, then I'll try the Baneblade with no upgrades or a Stormsword. We'll see.

Or would you guys rather advise me to go for an Imperial Strongpoint, replacing the Leman Russ Battle Tanks with a Company Command Squad, an Aegis Defence Line and an Imperial Bastion instead?

No comments:

Post a Comment