About My Blog

Ave Omnissiah!

Image result for adeptus mechanicus symbol

My blog is primarily my own personal fluff in the Warhammer 40,000 universe regarding the Draconis system such as the Knight House Yato in Ryusei, their Household Militia, the Draconian Defenders, and the Forge World of Draconis IV with its Adeptus Mechanicus priesthood, Cybernetica cohorts and Skitarii legions, and the Titan Legion, Legio Draconis, known as the Dark Dragons.

Featured Post

Retrospective: Imperial Knights

Today, we're going to a Retrospective on...Imperial Knights! I mean, this is primarily an Imperial Knight blog, so obviously if I'm ...

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Painting again

Sorry for the late update. I had actually painted my stuff on Tuesday, but I've been so busy the past two nights that I didn't have any time to transfer my photos from my phone to my computer and upload them to my blog. School stuff, I hope you understand.

That said, I've finally caught a little break from school today, thanks to Lunar New Year's Eve. Happy Lunar New Year to everyone. I'll be busy visiting relatives for the next 4 or 5 days, so I won't be updating or painting much. I'll only return to Battle Bunker next week. I've ordered my Vendetta, Skyshield Landing Pad and Commander Farsight, and will pick up a Crisis Battlesuit Team along with Farsight when I come to collect them next week. Whoopee. I might as well purchase two Cadian squads while at it before buying an Imperial Knight in April. Once I get my third and last Imperial Knight in April, my army will be complete. Or the Imperial Knight-Tau allied army, anyway. An Adamantine Lance with Farsight Enclaves allies. Looking forward to playing with that.

If all goes as planned, I'll complete my Imperial Guard army by June. Just need to get my Stormsword in May, and a Leman Russ Executioner and a Company Command Squad in June. That's all. If I feel so inclined I might order a Plasma Blastgun from Forge World in June or July so that I can transform my Stormsword into a Stormblade, but that'll depend on whether the tournaments or my opponents allow me to play Forgeworld stuff. We'll see.

Without further ado, here is my painted Hammerhead Gunship!

Hammerhead Gunship. Unfortunately, I snapped the glass base while painting, so I had to put him on his side. Ouch. I hope the glue dries by the time I return, and the guy won't be falling off his base.

Another angle, with the Seeker Missile. Unfortunately, the seeker missile belongs to the Broadside as I'm going to use him as Shas'vre Ob'lotai instead of a normal Broadside. I'll either build 2 missile drones from the Crisis team box, or if they don't have missile drones, I'll convert the current shielded missile drones I have into missile drones. Anyway, that's the reason why I ordered Commander Farsight (O'Shovah) instead of a normal Commander. So that I can fit everything I own into a single Force Organization Chart.

My current army. Right now missing Commander Farsight and a Crisis Team, as well as a 3rd Imperial Knight, otherwise it'll be complete! I can't wait to paint the Knights. It'll be fun.
It turns out I'll be completing and using an Imperial Knight detachment as my primary detachment after all. Hooray! Unless I'm allying my Imperial Knights with the Imperial Guard, but even then I need a 2nd Knight Errant for that, so I might as well just buy it. Besides, I do have several iterations of an Adamantine Lance with a Stormsword army (admittedly, my Veterans will have no upgrades, and I've to remove a pair of sponsons to accomodate my Vendetta, or I'll just remove the Vendetta altogether for upgraded Veterans and Company Command Squad).

Best of all, I can ally my Imperial Guard and Farsight Enclaves by just removing either one Leman Russ Executioner or the Vendetta and Skyshield Landing Pad, then adding marker drones. Sounds good to me, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment