About My Blog

Ave Omnissiah!

Image result for adeptus mechanicus symbol

My blog is primarily my own personal fluff in the Warhammer 40,000 universe regarding the Draconis system such as the Knight House Yato in Ryusei, their Household Militia, the Draconian Defenders, and the Forge World of Draconis IV with its Adeptus Mechanicus priesthood, Cybernetica cohorts and Skitarii legions, and the Titan Legion, Legio Draconis, known as the Dark Dragons.

Featured Post

Retrospective: Imperial Knights

Today, we're going to a Retrospective on...Imperial Knights! I mean, this is primarily an Imperial Knight blog, so obviously if I'm ...

Tuesday, April 26, 2022

Valrak's Imperial Knight "Leaks"

Chapter Master Valrak released a video on Imperial Knight "leaks" today. Some of them make no sense, but I think it's worth a shot because...well, I play Imperial Knights, and I'm going to talk about whatever rumors or leaks I can find, unless I know for real they are fake (like those supposedly leaked datasheets).


Anyway, here's a brief rundown on what we can expect to get.

Out for preorder in first half of May (Valrak claims they go on preorder on May 1st and are released on May 7th, but that makes no sense because Necromunda Ash Wastes was already announced, so I suspect it's more of a preorder announcement on May 1st, up for preorder on May 7th and release on May 14th).

Ion Shields are still 5++ against range only.
Mechanicus Knights regain 1 wound per turn.
Imperialis Knights get +1" to Pile In and Consolidate.
Heavy Stubbers - Mechanicus Knights still AP0, but Imperialis get AP -1 (Ironhail).
Armiger Helverins: Now D3 shots per cannon (really? Nerfed from 2D3 each?), AP -2
Armiger Warglaives: thermal spears now Heavy 2, Strength 9, D6 + 2 damage when half its maximum range or less.
Dominus Knights now have 2+ armor save, but same number of wounds (28).
Knight Castellan: Volcano Lance Heavy D3 Strength 16, AP -5, D6 + 8 damage. Blast.
Knight Valiant: 18" flamer and Thundercoil Harpoon, flamer still does Strength 7 AP -2 Damage 2, Thundercoil Harpoon gets +1 to hit against Monsters and Vehicles, Strength 16, AP -6, Damage 10 plus 3 mortal wounds.
Questoris Knights can now buff a single Armiger within 12" during the Command Phase.
- Knight Gallant: +1 WS
- Knight Crusader: +1 BS
- Knight Warden: Count as 10 models for objectives
- Knight Errant: +1 to advance and charge
- Knight Paladin: Reroll a hit roll or wound roll of 1 until next command phase.

Honestly, while I like the buffed thermal spears and Command Phase stuff, I'm a little disappointed by the volcano lance being nerfed to D3 shots. I guess it is what it is. I personally think the weapons are fine, and what Knights need are more durability. Oh, well. I'll wait to see what else the new codex brings. Till then!

No comments:

Post a Comment